Did You Give Your Children Unusual Names?

not particularly unusual but not very common either. my Daughters are Pippa Sydney ( middle name after her grandad but spelt with a Y instead of I in it, and another daughter is Chloe Elisé ( elise taken from the Cure song letter to elise with the accent over the last e ) . Did want Charlotte too but never got around to it as ran out of daughters!

not particularly unusual but not very common either. my Daughters are Pippa Sydney ( middle name after her grandad but spelt with a Y instead of I in it, and another daughter is Chloe Elisé ( elise taken from the Cure song letter to elise with the accent over the last e ) . Did want Charlotte too but never got around to it as ran out of daughters!
As in Champs Elise?

Ok, nothing unusual for the twins - had every possible combination worked out...

Samuel George Kerridge Smith - Sam as we both like the name (and yes there is a brewery with the same name, and yes I did buy a bottle of it on the day he was born, yes it will be rank now... but hey. George - My Grandad's middle name and Sharon's Grandads first name. Kerridge - a long lost name in the Smith family, dropped by G - Granddad, restored by me!

Amelia Laura Grace Smith - Amelia, Sharon's mum (deceased before born) middle name, Laura, my Nan's first name, Grace - again we liked it

Had been 2 girls 2nd would have been Charlotte Aissa... ??? Smith

Had been 2 boys 2nd would have been Oliver James K - Smith

Phoebe was one of the 6 friends around which the whole programme was centred.

Phoebe was one of the 6 friends around which the whole programme was centred.

And Phoebo was her suggestion, should Rachel and Ross's child be a boy. :)

My eldest daughter is called Darcey which was a little uncommon at the time, our son is called Xavier and when we had our 3rd we struggled for a name until we went to Barcelona and saw 'Xavier loves Ophelia' written on a wall...our minds were made up and Ophelia it was.

My eldest daughter is called Darcey which was a little uncommon at the time, our son is called Xavier and when we had our 3rd we struggled for a name until we went to Barcelona and saw 'Xavier loves Ophelia' written on a wall...our minds were made up and Ophelia it was.
Reminds me of the song Ophelia, by the Lumineers. Great song!

For four generations the eldest son in each generation of my family has been given the name Thomas as one of the Christian names. My younger son and his wife have been good enough to continue the tradition and my grandson, who was born on Monday, has been named Gabriel Thomas. Apparently old biblical names are coming back into fashion.

Back