Digital Medium Format Thread

How does the ART cope on the GFX - it's still quite a short FL but that and the 50 art were the best lens's I had on my 35mm format camera.

There is a slight vignette at most apertures - the middle image is a full resolution 5:4 crop so takes a small amount of top and bottom of the image away - I have some others without the hood attached - less vignette and if you don’t click the hood properly onto the lens, there are some nasty vignette type effects - that said there are not many relatively wide angle FF lenses that come close to covering the GFX sensor.

That said it’s probably not for someone who likes to examine images from corner to corner!!

While in Cornwall, I took quite a few images with the Canon EF40mm pancake, that (surprisingly) has better sensor coverage!!

Its been suggested to me by Fjifilm_UK that it will be a September announcement
Thanks David, I can't help but be frustrated though it's been on the rumour list for so long. Not that I'm dissatisfied with my current 3 lens setup (23, 32-64 and 100-200) but I think the 20-35 will just nicely join the dots.

fingers in ears - la la la

Stop it!!

Cheaper than a grey one and really superb. Would really open up doors for you.

These are from my small format system with a 70-200 2.8 - this will give you 80 to around 150mm equivilent.

_DSC3559_DxO by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

_DSC3423_DxO_raw by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

_DSC3476_DxO by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

_DSC3239_DxO by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Long len's are ace basically and you really should capitulate to their deal.

Resistance is futile. GAS is king.

I feel like I'm being ganged up on :ROFLMAO: My 'problem' is that when I had the 50-140 on the X mount system, I hardly used it, my sweet spot is 24-50mm FF and I have that covered
I'm with you there David, my 32-64 accounts for at least 85% of my shots with the 23 taking up the majority of the rest. I have the 100-200 and use it sometimes but I'm not that big on telephoto landscape shots. It is good though for getting close up shots of stuff without a macro.

I'm with you there David, my 32-64 accounts for at least 85% of my shots with the 23 taking up the majority of the rest. I have the 100-200 and use it sometimes but I'm not that big on telephoto landscape shots. It is good though for getting close up shots of stuff without a macro.

I have the Canon EF100mm Macro to cover Macro stuff, though if I bought the GF100-200 I'd probably sell the Canon, as I already have a couple of Viltrox 18mm adapters.

I just 'don't see' the telephoto shots, I'm not tuned that way, and I quite like the lightweight combinations of prime lens that I have and the overall bag weight isn't too high. I could quite happily live with just a 35mm (FF equivalent) lens, which probably explains why I have X100, X100F, GA645, GFX+GF45mm and 5D+Sigma 35mm ART

Just got an email confirming dispatch of a modification for my gfx 50r, once fitted the 50r will have IOS!

I look forward to testing it on Monday.

Just got an email confirming dispatch of a modification for my gfx 50r, once fitted the 50r will have IOS!

I look forward to testing it on Monday.
Interesting, what is this mod all about?

Sheeps Wool by David Yeoman, on Flickr

and 1:1 crop

JyWZNRz.jpg

Was hoping to hear about the release of the GF 20-35 today. :(:(:(:(
It is in the pipeline and might arrive late 2022 depends on how busy it is with Fuji with all the XH2R (40MP) stuff.

How do you know?
Rumour mill and also long trusted friends in the business. ;)
The new 20-35 would replace my 23mm f4 that I really like, so unless I win the lottery my 23mm will stay. I will leave my copy in the shops for my friend @Topsy who would like one.

Last edited:
Another guess then :/

Enjoying the 45-100, bulky but not too bad, finding it more useful than the 32-64 but that's just my pov.

I would buy a 20-35 if it has a fixed apature, f4 minimum.

Fingers crossed!

Enjoying the 45-100, bulky but not too bad, finding it more useful than the 32-64 but that's just my pov.

Fingers crossed!

Thats what is rumoured, though 20mm at F4 does suggest quite a fat lens, expect 82mm or bigger filter ring!

Fingers crossed!
I think you need to start saving up! :)

I really like my 45-100, it is super sharp and if I need more then the 120 is used.

Last edited:
A couple with a GF100-200mm, (no @SFTPhotography I've not bought one, this was a friends!!), its a big beast, I was completely useless with it handheld (it was a breezy day), and for me it would have to be a tripod mounted only lens.

Pen-yr-Orsedd-7 by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Pen-yr-Orsedd-4 by David Yeoman, on Flickr

The above image needs to be focus stacked, so no doubt a return visit (with my friend!!) will be required.

Am I going to buy one?? Jurys still out, the current offer is very tempting and I'm unlikely to loose £££ on the lens, but it is very big and unweildy, and its not really a range of focal length that I 'see', so if I had one I'm not sure I'd use it that much. I think I might have come over all sensible (@trevorbray :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: )

Back