52'ers 2022 Discussion / idle chat thread (2022) Week 52 Showcase

Week 52

Well done to everyone that managed to complete the challenge, just a week to go,
and you can do it all over again from week 1 :D

I did promise you an easy one to finish with,
So here it is Showcase

Post your favorite image from 2022.
It doesn't have to fall in line with the themes either.
Just your best or favorite image, from the past year.

Well I've managed to complete the 2022 challenge, thoroughly enjoyed seeing what everyone comes up with - a true inspiration. I am going to have to bow out for 2023 due to other priorities but you may see me back for 2024. Of course I will still pop in to see the tremendous work that everyone submits. Thank you to the admin team for all the work put in behind the scenes. Good luck to all for the next year challenge.

Well following on from dads cancer diagnosis and my wife finally getting the all clear, I posted some quick snaps for the weeks I had missed.

I will have a look over the photos taken and post up one to complete the 52. Sorry I went AWOL but I was having a hard time with things and just didn't have time / motivation.

I have enjoyed the challenge (thank you Cobra and the team for putting it on for us).

Just to add my thanks to Chris and his little helpers for their work throughout the year. It's kept me (relatively) sane throughout the year and has made me pick up the cameras, even if the results have been a mixed bag!
Here's hoping that I'm in the right place for at least one of next year's themes - I seem to have missed them all by a week or 2!

Best of luck to all for '23 and thanks for posting some inspiration, even if a few have made me change my plans to avoid similar shots!

Surprisingly I also have managed to make it to the end, barring week 52 , which even for me should be quite easy. I have enjoyed my first time and look forward to next year’s challenges. Thanks to all the admin people who make it happen and I have enjoyed looking at other people’s interpretations of the weekly themes

Thanks for setting this up Chris and also to LC2 for all the admin work recording our efforts.

Reactions: Nod
Thanks to Cobra for all the hard work in keeping this challenge on the rails.

Very pleased that I managed to complete this year, it was my very first attempt at a 52.
I did have a few months of practice in 21. Looking forward to starting all over again in 2023.

Wishing everyone on here a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year.

Thanks to Cobra for all the hard work in keeping this challenge on the rails.
Thanks, David, and thanks to all that took part, It's nothing without you guys and gals.

Last edited:
Does that mean I can post BIkini selfies?
Post what you like, but just be aware that in all the years I have done this, I have only ever stopped one person posting.
If you want to make that 2, carry on :p

It was the "guys AS gals" typo that prompted my comment - Not got a wide enough lens to get a full body selfie!

• Haha
Reactions: Nod
All the best for the New Year folks.

Keep on snappin' :)

@LC2 - can I have a tech tick for Construction pleeeeaaaaaaaase? :)

Am I still Krispy Kreemy?

ETA - No!

LOL I could always change your Avatar to a donut :D
Well a donut or an image of Great Gable. I think the fell will last longer than a donut so leave alone please.
I promise it will never never happen again. (I hope)

Welp (as the younguns say) we're here again for the eve of a new theme and a new 52 week challenge! Last day to complete your 2022 challenge with a showcase pic!
Welcome returners and n00bs - 52 for 2023 tomorrow - let's get it on!!!!
:banana::naughty::banana:

Welp (as the younguns say) we're here again for the eve of a new theme and a new 52 week challenge! Last day to complete your 2022 challenge with a showcase pic!
Welcome returners and n00bs - 52 for 2023 tomorrow - let's get it on!!!!
:banana::naughty::banana:
I am so impressed that you even manage a reminder at the very end :D

Well a donut or an image of Great Gable. I think the fell will last longer than a donut so leave alone please.
I promise it will never never happen again. (I hope)
Great Gable was mentioned in The Times today and suddenly I understood your comment! Is that it in your profile pic then? Looks impressive, and no surprise that people might need rescuing from there.

@ecniv Have I missed your week 32 (Internals?)
@Don153 I seem to be missing weeks 27, 36, 49-51 for you. Have I missed your posts?
@JayceeC I think I'm waiting on your last 3 weeks (unless I've missed them).

Congrats to everyone who has finished 2022 so far.

Week 27 - A Post

Week 36 - Scape Hmmmmmmmmm..... It looks like I posted this in my own thread on Sept. 15th, but forgot to put it into the main thread. I'm not sure if I should put it in as a late entry???

I'm afraid that I fell at the last post with 49-51.

@ecniv Have I missed your week 32 (Internals?)
@Don153 I seem to be missing weeks 27, 36, 49-51 for you. Have I missed your posts?
@JayceeC I think I'm waiting on your last 3 weeks (unless I've missed them).

Congrats to everyone who has finished 2022 so far.

Thanks just completed

Back