Dive,dive,dive

Just seen this, and that is a truly amazing shot (y)

It's a nice shot. It would be better if you could see the eye and the feather detail you would expect to see with using .. 5 flash units :eek: It would also be 1000 times better if the shot were taken in natural light, for many reasons, not just the moral reasons. I think the harsh light flash casts on birds is not natural. When taking shots of wild birds you want them to look as natural as possible.

......... Click HERE for a bit more that I don't want to post on this thread to cause further arguments here..... errr :confused:

It's a nice shot. It would be better if you could see the eye and the feather detail you would expect to see with using .. 5 flash units :eek: It would also be 1000 times better if the shot were taken in natural light, for many reasons, not just the moral reasons. I think the harsh light flash casts on birds is not natural. When taking shots of wild birds you want them to look as natural as possible.

......... Click HERE for a bit more that I don't want to post on this thread to cause further arguments here..... errr :confused:

All good points Jo....but if you have ever tried to photograph these, it is nigh on impossible to get a shot like this without flash, or direct sunlight on a Summers day, which again...is not likely bearing in mind their habitat....overhangs on river branches!

Back