Dizzy - My 52!! 52.26 Night

it was certainly worth a 300 mile round trip!!

Great interpretation on the theme Dizzy. Looks very eerie and certainly sets you thinking about the history of the room. Nice work. Looking forward to next weeks (y)

Thanks, very kind. Looking forward to finding out what the next theme is!

I have an idea for 52.3. Anyone want to send a flash over the pond for me to borrow to pull it off???

I like this too. Difficult lighting conditions to get a good shot but you've managed it.

52.3 - Learning. I thought I'd think outside the box a little and needed to steer clear of taking a still life of text books or someone sitting studying (I've not got any flash or lights!!). Anyway, this was the result. It's our kitten learning all about hunting (and playing!) with her toy mouse. I wanted to show the action, hence the slow shutter speed and did the colour pop just to make it obvious what she's got! Couldn't believe how much patience was required, she's like lightening :bang:

3221794510_9640373cee_o.jpg

Last edited:
That's very well caught. They do move quick at that stage. I like it (y)

I really like that and the slow shutter speed certainly emphasises the speed they move at at that stage. Well done :clap: Great capture.

thanks guys. Typically, it was one of the last ones I got after a long time lying on various parts of the lounge floor. Patience really is a virtue. She really is bonkers and I've got my fingers crossed that she'll calm down soon, I'm sick of her jumping on my head at 3 am!!

Brilliant capture, the sense of movement really works for me here and for once I think the spot colouring works well. It's a pitty you don't have flash as I think a spot of rear sync flash would have made the face (which looks to be full of concentration) really stand out.

Great pic (y)

thank you. I've said to the wife this is just another example of why I have to get a flash. She still doesn't appear convinced... Hope I haven't peaked too early in my 52!

Cheers! I'm looking forward to getting out of work at a sensible hour today so I can catch up on everyone elses shots for this week. I've been on 12 hour days leaving the house before 5am all this week so not really had a chance for Internet and the iPhone doesn't get 3g out here in the desert! Stupid army!!

Love the idea and the realisation of it. :) I agree with other comments about a little flash to illuminate her face. (Is your wife reading these posts. :naughty:) Hey don't kittens take play seriously - look at that expression. :)

They certainly do!! I've tried leaving the computer on with this thread open, but it's been complete indifference so far...

Jean

How did I end up with my reply inside your quote???

Like it Dizzy, the predator in your living room.

There is something awesome about cats.

thanks! There's not much awesome about her when she decides to use you as a trampoline in the middle of the night!!

Good shot, I like how you use selective colour here too (Which is a suprise as I rarely do!)
Good take on learning too :)

Nice shot - I like your interpretation of the theme and you've really caught the sense of her movement. The colour popping works well for me too (y)

I like all of your shots so far, a good start. Well done on learning that must have been a really difficult shot to get right.(y)

Thanks guys, very kind. The idea pad is still empty for next week though. Grrrrr!!

I Like the sense of movement too. Wish my cats had it, they just sit and look at mice.
Great capture.:clap:

I Like the sense of movement too. Wish my cats had it, they just sit and look at mice.
Great capture.:clap:

LOL!! We've got one like that too

Thanks. Shame I can't seem to find a box to get out of for the coming week!!

There's always lots of patience required with animals, as its very difficult (impossible even) to make them do what you want.

A nice, different take on the theme. And I'm sure it was particuarly difficult catching the movement without it going too far with the speed that kittens move at.

:LOL::LOL::LOL: I could sit and watch kittens and cats play for hours, so entertaining. (y)

There's always lots of patience required with animals, as its very difficult (impossible even) to make them do what you want.

A nice, different take on the theme. And I'm sure it was particuarly difficult catching the movement without it going too far with the speed that kittens move at.

It certainly was! There was one that was much closer to what I wanted compositionally but it just had way too much movement. Funnily enough, it was near the start of the session when she was still full of energy! It's on my flickr if you want to see. Could post it in here when I get home if anyone wants to see? All the better shots came as she started to run out of steam!

now, I don't want to speak too soon, but I may have had an idea...

LOL, sorry!! I've actually had 3 or 4 definite images in mind now. The only prob is, they all involve needing a flash again... I think there's a message there somewhere!!

Damn I missed this one :) Good action shot and I like the selective colouring!

And yet another fresh interpretation :D

Thanks guys! It's getting very hard to keep up with everyones 52 isn't it!

Back