Dizzy - My 52!! 52.26 Night

Great shot. :clap::clap:

I love the action and drama and agree that it has a photojournalistic feel.

I think the black and white was a good choice as well.

many thanks guys. It's made me feel better about not being able to get the other shots. You never know, they might fit another weeks theme at some point!!

Nice image and it doesn't look posed which gives it a great atmosphere.

thanks, the posing only involved me explaining exactly what a was after and I then shot away while they went at it! I had to keep stopping them as they looked like they were getting a little too involved!!

excellent idea, well executed.

One slight thing i do wonder if it needs a little more contrast to really give it some punch :)

I think you may be right. I uploaded it once but then decided the skin tones were too dark. I did a quick fix and replaced it but think I should have put a little more contrast in to maintain the look I'd originally got. Might have a quick look at that, ta!

That's brilliant really conveys the feel of the 'argument' and I agree it doesn't look posed. B&W is perfect for it too. (y):clap:

Very kind, thanks

Excellent interpretation on the theme, and it really doesn't look posed (y)

I may have to buy my 'models' a few beers at this rate!

Love the Opposites shot Dizzy. It has a real, gritty feel about it and the B&W conversion works really well. Definitely meets the brief, well done for getting one taken at all with your working week :clap::clap:

I agree with all of the above, a great interpretation of the theme and well executed to. Well done(y)

Crikey, thanks guys! Glad I'm moving in the right direction

Well I don't think I can add anything, I love the gritty feel which is fully supported by the B&W conversion and the realism is impressive. I especially like the slight motion blur to the taller chaps head and the way it breaks the framing rule (the top of the head is chopped off), I think both of these is what is really helping make the image appear so real :clap: :clap:

Looking forward to this week's shot.

thanks, Simon. Need to dig out the thinking cap again for this week!

Excellent interpretation executed very well. Like Ruth I think a bit more contrast to add to that gritty feel but that's my only tiny crit. Very well done :clap:

thanks, I have tweaked it slightly, but hadn't got round to doing the switch!!

Excellent interpretation executed very well. Like Ruth I think a bit more contrast to add to that gritty feel but that's my only tiny crit. Very well done :clap:

I'm not sure I can add anything to the above - other than I think the guy on the right is playing his part particularly well.

Excellent interpretation - nice work! :clap:

Thanks, if I can prize the computer away from the wife an kids I'll make the switch to the slightly more contrasty version! They seem to think I forfeited any rights to MY laptop ever since I got an iPhone!!

panic over...

Last edited:
52.6 Special - Our Hollie.

Well... This week's theme made me want to go and find somewhere that was doing a closing down sale (special deals) or a nice chalk board outside a restaurant for dish of the day. However, it had to be a personal portrait in the end. So here we have a portrait of Hollie! The kids are the most special things in our lives so it fits the bill for me. She's a free spirit and likes to dress how she wants and doesn't care if people like it or not. When I saw her walking down a corridor in bare feet, I had to get the shot! A very special girl, a light in our lives, Our Hollie.

3277169363_ddd025b221_o.jpg

Last edited:
That's a lovely shot...simple but very nice...:clap:

Would have liked to see just a tad more detail in the toes to lift it a bit more, but all the same great take on the weeks theme...(y)

thanks, I'll have a look at it again. She has very pale skin and the corridor lighting was directly above so I'm not too hopeful!

This fits the theme really well - I'm sure all our kids are top of our 'Special' list. :)

I like the idea of just taking her feet - it leaves me wondering, and wanting to see her face - very intriguing. :clap:

I agree with the comments about detail in her toes but I do like the mono treatment. :)

Jean

Well I did like the look before, but do agree that there needed to be more detail in the toes! I've redone the conversion, better?

3279911756_ba2908eec2_o.jpg

Thanks, Marc!

Being a fan of contrasty black and white, I actualy prefer the first version.
I wish I could be more constructive, but all I can think is: awww, cute! :)

Nice shot David and I prefer the second version too!

So many specials :) and mostly personal :)

Well interpreted!

I too prefer the second, good interpretation and it fits well.

Thanks guys!

Love the B&W conversion on the second one (y)

Such a lovely interpretation of the theme. I'm amazed at how many diiferent ideas we all come up with.

As for Hollie's picture it makes me just want to nuzzle her feet :thinking:

Well done David :clap:

Lovely photo there, I prefer the edit, makes it a bit more 3 dimensional for me

Thanks! This weeks is proving to be quite a challenge. I had a couple of ideas in mind straight away but the first attempt yesterday went very badly!!

52.7 Crowds. Now there were quite a few ideas that came to mind the moment I found out what this weeks theme was. This one was one of the ones at the forefront! It took a while to find somewhere that was going to work location wise and then I quickly found that it was only going to work at night without a bucket load of ND filters! Anyway, after lots of entries in to the recycle bin here's this weeks, alone in the crowd.

3297028588_78908a8ca2_o.jpg

I quite like this. I love how most of the figures are dark & blurred, all pretty anonymous. This makes my eye instantly leap to the fellow in white, pin sharp and well exposed

Back