dodgy ebay amazon but everyone wins

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
So my wife was looking for a phone stand.. She found one on Amazon for £9.99 but as we dont have a prime account it wanted £4.99 delivery.. So about £15 in total

As she likes watching the pennies... She looked on Ebay and found the same Item for £12.99 free delivery .. thus saving £2 so she bought it and was chuffed with herself.

Can you see whats coming ?: )

It arrived next day (today) from Amazon ! and she was confused and went back to her order thinking maybe she accidently bought from both.. But no

The ebay guy who obviously has a prime account so gets free delivery.. Takes her order £13 .. Buys from Amazon £9.99 and put our address in..

Amazon get there asking price so are happy.. Ebay guy makes £3 for passing on the order and my missus saves £2 .. Everyone happy.. GENIOUS! :)

So the ebay guy can list everything that charges a delivery on amazon and resell through ebay.. I love it :)

Last edited:
It's just how trade works (I sell pens and some food items, I buy from a supplier and sell to customers, adding my % for my time etc), He/she seems to be making his % from the postal charge he is adding, seems like a good idea to me (although unsure what the T&Cs of Prime membership are, so he/she could be breaching Amazon's rules).

It's just how trade works (I sell pens and some food items, I buy from a supplier and sell to customers, adding my % for my time etc), He/she seems to be making his % from the postal charge he is adding, seems like a good idea to me (although unsure what the T&Cs of Prime membership are, so he/she could be breaching Amazon's rules).

Good point about t' & C's especially if as you surmise he is using a personal Prime account for running a merchant operation!!!

A similar thing but much bigger scale happened to me. I guess most people know that builders merchants and plumbers merchants offer significant discounts based on volume (I don't really understand why but they do), anyway a good few years ago I was replacing all the radiators in our house and wanted decent rads but obviously at the best price. I tried the local plumbers merchants etc. but compared to online they were ridiculously overpriced so I ordered from a website, it all went through OK and on delivery day a van from the local PlumbCentre turned up with my order. I can only guess that the website just had a PlumbCentre account and because they were putting a large volume through their account they were getting a big discount and were able to pass some of that discount on to me.

i had this with some safety specs a while ago and it took a while for me to figure it out
great jape

A similar thing but much bigger scale happened to me. I guess most people know that builders merchants and plumbers merchants offer significant discounts based on volume (I don't really understand why but they do), anyway a good few years ago I was replacing all the radiators in our house and wanted decent rads but obviously at the best price. I tried the local plumbers merchants etc. but compared to online they were ridiculously overpriced so I ordered from a website, it all went through OK and on delivery day a van from the local PlumbCentre turned up with my order. I can only guess that the website just had a PlumbCentre account and because they were putting a large volume through their account they were getting a big discount and were able to pass some of that discount on to me.

As I recall :thinking: this is called "drop shipping"

As I recall :thinking: this is called "drop shipping"

Basically what a lot of photographers do with prints. Take orders, pass them on to a reputable printers (WHCC are kings of white label services in the US) who send them direct to customer.

But using a prime account to make money on eBay is genius. I mean, until he gets caught.

Sometimes it's the same seller but they use Amazon for fulfilment, if you're passing a lot of goods through Amazon or based internationally (like a lot of sellers) it's often more efficient and cheaper to have Amazon manage your fulfilment for all of your orders regardless of what marketplace you are selling on. If you have the right systems set up it's all automated, all you need to check is your stock levels in Amazon and the sales sort themselves.

Drop shipping, nothing new or unusual. Ebay fees will soon take most of any profit you are making.
If he was doing it your way. He have eBay and PayPal fees, plus the £79 prime account payment.
loads of eBay sellers use amazon as drop shippers, as who has the space to store thousands of items in stock.
Amazon do, and have no issue with you selling on eBay and getting them to fulfil it. They still make money.

Last edited:
Drop shipping, nothing new or unusual. Ebay fees will soon take most of any profit you are making.
If he was doing it your way. He have eBay and PayPal fees, plus the £79 prime account payment.
loads of eBay sellers use amazon as drop shippers, as who has the space to store thousands of items in stock.
Amazon do, and have no issue with you selling on eBay and getting them to fulfil it. They still make money.

depends a lot of offers for £1 max fees now bit of clever listsings and remember the part may be cheaper on Amazon so he makes a profit?

Amazon Prime members often get things cheaper.

I've just given up my Prime account as it seemed that everything I wanted to buy didn't have free postage so was just an extra expense. That said fair play to anyone who spots such away to make money, as you say everyones happy and everyone saves or makes a little cash. (y)(y)(y)

I only apply for a prime acc when I intend to buy something on amazon ,then cancel it again once purchased .

Back