Dog Appreciation Thread, post your fave dog shots here...

Another picture of Havana our rescue dog from Turkey. We were initially told she was predominately 'Retriever' but I knew pretty quickly 'Hound' was the dominant gene.
We have owned a Beagle hound previously. A little searching and I think she is a close relation to the 'Istian short-haired hound' which originates from Croatia. Havana's legs are a little shorter (maybe there is a little Chihuahua in there ? lol )

Havana

P1006518_Havana-XL.jpg

Istian%20short%20haired%20hound-M.jpg

Skye on the 2nd munro of Beinn Eighe - Ruadh -Stac Mor.

I'd only planned the first munro but unexpectedly made good progress and it was barely midday, Skye was obviously up for it. So there was nothing for it but to carry on. She slept well in the van on the way home.

a606298_20230401-tp.jpg

Not the best but the best of the bunch. Damn I miss my A9 for dog stuff.

Her first time on holiday and off the lead. Less than a year old and thankfully has good recall for a Beagle. Hoping it stays that way!

PXL_20230404_133601405~3_copy_755x430.jpg

This is Murphy. A new friend in the village that likes his treats

murphy_1.jpg

He wouldn't keep still and I couldn't kneel for very long on the hard pavement.

Howard

Spent about an hour of the afternoon fortifying parts of the hedge as she's managing to get through. Finished up and admired a neat job.

Ten minutes later I see her arse quickly disappear through a new gap she's punching through. I've now plugged every possible escape route I can see and she's still probing. I think this is going to be a battle of the wits.

PXL_20230406_111254374~2_copy_1008x567.jpg

Back