Donations required - member needs help (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darren,

I have Tom Angs book Digital photography Masterclass. Also is a lens filter on the list? I was thinking of a skylight filter.

Right we have just had a VERY large donation from a very nice member who wants to remain anonymous. This member saw the umming and arring over the SB600/SB900 and made the decision for us by donating the difference between the SB600 and SB900 !!!

It is a phenomenally nice gesture and will mean that we are now getting the SB900 for Julian. This is a nicer flash for sure but it has one massive feature which I really wanted for him and that is the manual dial to select the mode. This will make it so much easier for him to use.

My thanks publicly to this member although you wish to remain private. You know we appreciate it.

:clap: :notworthy: Wow! Impressive stuff. I must say the generosity shown by all in general, and a select few in particular is really something heart-warming - and if they don't want the public gratitude, then they can just have the anonymous gratitude instead :p :LOL:

That list looks pretty extensive

'1 x Photoshop CS3 for Dummies'

I've read most of this thread both part 1 & 2 but missed a few pages, so I assume Julian has a copy of CS3, yes?

:clap: :notworthy: Wow! Impressive stuff. I must say the generosity shown by all in general, and a select few in particular is really something heart-warming - and if they don't want the public gratitude, then they can just have the anonymous gratitude instead :p :LOL:

:agree::agree:

Darren,

I have Tom Angs book Digital photography Masterclass. Also is a lens filter on the list? I was thinking of a skylight filter.

I am of the "don't stick a filter on it unless you are on the beach" group as the first piece of glass on a lens costs about the same to replace as buying a quality filter BUT in this case I think a plain glass filter as protection would be useful as would maybe an ND4 and/or ND8. (We have a CPL). The filter size is 72mm oh and any books will come in handy thanks.

I've read most of this thread both part 1 & 2 but missed a few pages, so I assume Julian has a copy of CS3, yes?

Err not sure, just got offered the book. I think I might have a full genuine CS2 lying around that he can have though :)

Not sure, I just had the book available!

Well thanks go to UKSaab owners as the first donation has just arrived from them too :)

This is just fantastic and I am glad to have been a very small part in making it happen (y)

Hi guys

This thread has been on my mind all day. I know I've already said this, but I just wanted to say that I'm very honoured to be part of such a fantastic cause, and I'm very glad I got to 'meet' Julian. Its lovely to see so much support too.

What is the most up to date total please?

Hi Julian,

Back in the 80's I was, for very different reasons, in a position where people went out of their way to help me, a stranger, I was very uncomfortable about it, not least because I felt that I was in the spotlight which I hated. But the reality was that I needed help (alone, working 'in the bush', in what had quickly become a very dangerous situation in a volatile African country) and the expat community in the nearest 'safe' town who came to my rescue did so because we shared a common bond - their generosity and hospitality were literally a life saver - most of the people involved in my 'rescue', I have never met since but I often think about them, and the kindness they showed me in many different ways, even now 25 years later.

When I explained to a friend later that I had felt embarrassed at accepting stuff from them when I couldn't repay them, she told me I had to learn to become a 'grateful receiver' - that it was my turn then to let others 'enjoy' the giving - like you, I have always found the giving so much easier, but from what you have written you have been a 'giver' - now is your turn to be a 'receiver'! I have so enjoyed reading this thread and am pleased to have been able to help a little. Like everyone else, I look forward to seeing the photos you take - also I fully agree with the 'no press' stance!

Liz :D

Hi Julian,

Back in the 80's I was, for very different reasons, in a position where people went out of their way to help me, a stranger, I was very uncomfortable about it, not least because I felt that I was in the spotlight which I hated. But the reality was that I needed help (alone, working 'in the bush', in what had quickly become a very dangerous situation in a volatile African country) and the expat community in the nearest 'safe' town who came to my rescue did so because we shared a common bond - their generosity and hospitality were literally a life saver - most of the people involved in my 'rescue', I have never met since but I often think about them, and the kindness they showed me in many different ways, even now 25 years later.

When I explained to a friend later that I had felt embarrassed at accepting stuff from them when I couldn't repay them, she told me I had to learn to become a 'grateful receiver' - that it was my turn then to let others 'enjoy' the giving - like you, I have always found the giving so much easier, but from what you have written you have been a 'giver' - now is your turn to be a 'receiver'! I have so enjoyed reading this thread and am pleased to have been able to help a little. Like everyone else, I look forward to seeing the photos you take - also I fully agree with the 'no press' stance!

Liz :D

:ty: is all I can say at the moment Liz stunned is not a fraction of how Im feeling

How come Wheels does not have a better tagline?

Been here a while doesn't seem appropriate.

Dangermouse empty your in box please summat important

there are only 2 SAABs here and one is mine......the other......?????

sod the cars whats the score so far

Well night night everyone. The pain killers are knocking me out and I'm off to sleep now. Make sure you lock the doors and turn the lights out before you go to bed and no staying up on your laptops all night........

Well night night everyone. The pain killers are knocking me out and I'm off to sleep now. Make sure you lock the doors and turn the lights out before you go to bed and no staying up on your laptops all night........

good night hope u r better in the morning

Right Dad LOL

Sleep well hope you feel better tomorrow, what did you do to get concussion???

goodnight Darren sleep tight and don't let the bedbugs bite......... busy day tomorow again ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back