Donations required - member needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.
(y) pm sent

Cheers for the bank details Rob - BT sent

(y) Me too

Not sure how to use paypal except for on a checkout so please can you pm your bank details ?

I'm in but if he buys a canon i'm coming round with the boys to get my money back:naughty:

Will PP now.(y)

:LOL: Payment sent and I'll be round with Mark if he buys a Canon! ;)

OK the good news is that we're very on-target for a D5000 + Kit lens plus a few extra goodies as things stand now.

Negotiations will continue tomorrow with some of our advertisers here to see what else might be scrounged...

Bloody hell I love this forum. What a kind, generous bunch of souls, well done everyone.

Andy

(y) Me too

Not sure how to use paypal except for on a checkout so please can you pm your bank details ?

For anyone else who is not sure,
Log in to your account, click on 'send money' enter recipients email, ammount, currency, then click on 'personal' tag, if requested as gift, click that. Click 'continue, Easy!!

OK the good news is that we're very on-target for a D5000 + Kit lens plus a few extra goodies as things stand now.

Negotiations will continue tomorrow with some of our advertisers here to see what else might be scrounged...

What about asking for some spare bits that peeps may have hanging around? Spare battery, mem cards, leads etc. Need the camera make and model first though of course!

Rob, donation sent by paypal.

Should have enough for a D3x at this rate. The generosity of members on here is brilliant. I found that when I built the computer for Jade and when I just mentioned that I had bought a dark room (and was sent 2 books).

(y) PP deed done! well done that man!:clap:

What about asking for some spare bits that peeps may have hanging around? Spare battery, mem cards, leads etc. Need the camera make and model first though of course!
Great idea. I have some filters and other bits and pieces knocking about that I'd be happy to donate.

Go for it Julian, don't let anything stand in your way.
How about a 450d with kit lens from Digigood, can we get there?
All the best

John

We're shooting for a Nikon D5000 and kit lens, because of its folding LCD screen, so any Nikon-compatible bits that people may have lying around will go in the pot as well...

If people know of a Canon equivalent, well...I'm a Nikon man and I know this camera will produce the goods, especially if he decides to dive out of his wheelchair on top of it again...lol, but it's not going to be for me...so we'll let the recipient have the final say on matters...

We're shooting for a Nikon D5000 and kit lens, because of its folding LCD screen, so any Nikon-compatible bits that people may have lying around will go in the pot as well...
Not familiar with the D5000 kit - what batteries does the D5000 take, and what is the filter size of the kit lens ?

I'm rubbing my hands together and cackling at the thought of all these Canon users contributing towards the purchase of a Nikon. ;)

Hey, it's for a great cause, so don't feel too bad about it. :)

Have sent PM Rob, will send dosh when i get BT details. Good on yah for doing this. Rob

I'm rubbing my hands together and cackling at the thought of all these Canon users contributing towards the purchase of a Nikon. ;)

Yeh, but, OUR donations were bigger than yours!! :razz: :D

I'm rubbing my hands together and cackling at the thought of all these Canon users contributing towards the purchase of a Nikon.

I have a dustbin I can donate :p

I should have a spare CF 4gb card it 2. If d5000 takes cf pm me delivery address :)

Yeah, yeah you can laugh John! My skin is burning off at the thought of a certain phonecall tomorrow! :D

Cheers for the PM's too. ;)
Take care,
Si

Surely with the amount of cash being collected we will be able to get a case and SD card as well.

At this rate there will be cash left, I suggest any surplus goes to TP.

My small donation is now with you Rob.

Nick.

strangely enough did a session today with a 5000d for a company that sells protective gloves. The folding screen and useable liveview made it ergonomically the ideal camera and thinking about it it will be spot on because of it's flexibility

I think if any there is any money left over it should go to a charity of wheels choice...

D5000 takes SD cards and EN-EL9 and EN-EL9a batteries...

Depending on which lens we can afford it'll take a 52mm or 67mm filter.
I'm hoping we can swing an 18-105mm, but may have to 'settle' for the 18-55mm...

PP sent. I'm pretty new too and it's great to see this sort of thing on a forum. What a great bunch of people. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back