Daily Donnie's 365 - 2014

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Well, tried this for the first time in 2013 and only made it to about day 205/6 so I'm going to give it another go this year and hope to do better :)

So, to begin:

Day 1

A simple photo of a glass of whisky and ice on my sitting room table backlit with only the light from our Christmas Tree.

Taken hand held with my new 5D and my 50mm f1.8, then a slight sharpen, straighten and crop.

001-365-2014
by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Keeping up on

Day 2

Darth on a Vespa

I've done a 12.5 hour shift today and this is a fill shot quite honestly to keep up my enthusiasm, I just can't afford to lose a day so early on.

002-365-2014

Day 3

Weather

A quick shot (as I'm on a night shift tonight) through my living room window of the storm passing us by right now.

It's a bit of an abstract I know but I deliberately wanted to get the depth of field so shallow that not only was the background blurred but even the raindrops are blurred the further into the right hand side of the frame you go.

003-365-2014

Day 7

Chrysanthemum

A simple shot of a chrysanthemum shot on my dining room table, camera on tripod set for a long exposure in a dark room, then lit with my torch for a few seconds.

007-365-2014

Thanks both :)

Todays is

Day 8 - Ikea Wicker Macro

This is a macro shot of an Ikea wicker basket I have in my TV unit as I thought the texture would be an interesting subject.

Quite a challenging shot this one actually as I don’t have a dedicated manual lens, so used a set of manual extension tubes, an old M42 Pentacon lens with adaptor on manual and obviously used a tripod as I wanted to get a decent depth of field as well as only using natural daylight from my patio windows.

It was certainly a tricky shot and I ended up adjusting the sharpness and a little burning on some of the highlights too which has given it a contrasty feel which I like.

008-365-2014

Day 9 - Lambretta at Henlow

So, quite a late one today but better than trying to catch up tomorrow!

This is a mate of mine’s, Greg, who is in our local scooter club that braved the cold weather for the monthly meet so thought it deserved recording. Picture taken outside the Five Bells, Henlow.

009-365-2014

Another quick grab shot tonight

Day 10 - Battery

A basic macro shot using my 5d and extension tubes with a manual pentacon 50mm prime.

Lit with a handheld torch. Simple and fun with a normal household object.

010-365-2014

Being a biker my self I think the difference between scooter and moped's is the engine cc, personally I find mopeds are closely related to hair dryers on wheels.
:)

Not sure what to say about day ten, other than I think I'd like to been a bit closer to the battery.

Day 12 St. Pauls Railings

This shot is also on my iphone and a simple grab shot again.

Nice railings outside St Pauls in Bedford town centre and the monochrome processing suits the subject well and brings through some of the texture of the metal.

012-365-2014

Back