Daily Donnie's 365 for 2013

Brewery shot is my fav and love the wire wool something i keep saying i shall give ago... i shall cheat tho and meet up with Matt on one of his nights out lol

Thanks all, yeah the processing on the statue is a bit marmite, it's a style I've seen used by a guy in france that I follow on facebook that I quite like :)

The castle brewery one is a semi snap in that I knew it'd be a bit of a challenge due to having to crop off the bottom so much, I think I'll get away with it, but know if there was a decent cloud structure behind in the sky then it would be vastly different.

As for the wire wool spinning I definitely need more practice, and a bird feeder, one of the main things I learnt last night with this is that the whisk I was using isn't working well for me.

365_70 by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

This is Passage 101 in Bedford's High Street that was recently redone to a design that taps into Bedford’s local newspaper printing history, featuring news print character blocks arranged on panels within the newly-white walls.

Oh I like that - did you wait for someone to walk past, or was it chance?

Not keen on the low clarity on the statue. Love the wall street shot, the person adds to it and the processing works.

Thanks all for the comments, Im back again with a catchup, even though after this lot Im still behind so an even more concerted effort is required!!!

This one is of the Bedford Faces sculpture in the centre of Bedford Town and is a bit of a love it or hate it in the town lol. This was a bit of a snap to be honest as I wanted to try something that didn't actually work in the end.

365_71 Bedford Sculpture by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Next is "Free Hugs" where there was an organised hour of free hugs for anyone that wanted one, not sure whether to think they were mad or not LOL.
Anyway, a real snap with a little instagram type processing.

365_72 Free Hugs by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Next was taken on my iphone and processed in Lightroom again. A simple shot of coffee and a cake from the best place in Bedford!

365_73 At Pensieri by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Next is a simple shot of a mans shaving brush in a shop here in town that's been in existance on the high street for about 80 years, proper old tobacconists and gentlemans shop.

365_74 Just for Men by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

And this is the inside of the whole shop, a proper alladin's cave.

365_75 Harrison & Simmonds by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Next is a simple shot of a plaque commemorating the opening of an ornamental gardens by the queen back in 1953. I just liked the fact it was old and the textures.

365_76 Ornamental Garden by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

This one is an old metal fence on Ampthill Road in Bedford, it's currently fencing in the remains of an old factory that's been demolished and is now having a morrison's built on it. Again, I liked the decaying feel and have processed in Lightroom and added grain too, but on reflection think I've added too much

365_77 Ampthill Road Fence by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Next, just a guy waiting at a bus stop, a poor attempt at Street Photography. Works better in mono than colour as the sky was naff that day.

365_78 Waiting by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

This one caught my eye as you don't see many of the old style latches anymore and the peeling paint adds to it I feel. converted to mono, cropped a little tighter than in camera, added clarity and a slight vignette.

365_79 Distressed Latch by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Next was just a little fun with some lego :)

365_80 Watch Out! by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

And the last one for now is this gorgeous pocket watch again from the tobacconists in Bedford.

365_81 The Pocket Watch by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Forgot this one, used this as a shot for my photo 52 so Im doubling up again a bit but helps me catch up.

365_82 Tacky by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

A quick snap of my new 4 chooks that finally came out of their house today after we'd lost our last 4 to a fox a couple of weeks ago

365_83 New Chooks by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice catch up from Bedford - hope you have more luck with this batch of chooks ;)

Cheers :)

yeah, the guy on the bike was wondering what I was up to, I'd noticed him as he'd come past and thought he may look back and was lucky enough to catch him.

I was only there as I was waiting on a few of the lads from the local scooter club to come across but they came a different way LOL

Great series. i think I like 86 and 87 the best, especially the tree reflected in the chromework!

So, more catching up as im approximately 10 days behind at the moment!

A quick lego Darth Vader using my extension tubes, they really do show the dust!!

365_91 Darth by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

A dimpled orange dome, again using my extension tubes, not telling you what this is :)

365_92 Dimple Dome by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

A play with Darth and a little model vespa for the scooterists I know :)
This was done using the threshold tool in PS but to 6 identical images to different degrees then layering them and using masks to get one complete just how I wanted so took ages.

365_93 KTF! by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

A simple quick shot of a Rosary with natural window light from camera right.

365_94 Rosary by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

This is a coriander leaf, laid on a torch and using my maximum extension tubes, then a bit of a play in lightroom with contrast, saturation and clarity sliders to get it looking a bit abstract

365_95 Coriander Macro by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

And finally for now, the inside of a headlight bulb for a Lambretta with the reflection of outside the dining room door in it. I had a play again with the sliders on this one to give it a bit of a HDR look.

365_96 Light by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

(y)(y) I quite enjoyed faffing about with that one for some reason :)

So, trying to keep up and instead of one done two today, if I can only do that for a few days I'll soon catch up!

First one is a simple one on the dining room table using light from the window and some card to reflect light back into the shadows.
Processed in lightroom by adding contrast and clarity and adjusting the colour temp slightly.

365_97 Wrench by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

:LOL: Do like that 2nd one and in the update before I rather like the light one - well done for not getting too many reflections.

Ooh I like the musicians set. Very stylish in b&w. Could see these being published (y)

Back