DXO Labs file for bankruptcy

It's not the free aspect that bothers me, it is the functionality aspect.

Regards...

Yes, the installers are still lurking on Google's server, but without anyone to fund further development they'll eventually stop working with current software.

Yes, the installers are still lurking on Google's server, but without anyone to fund further development they'll eventually stop working with current software.
I expect that they will disappear from the Google servers in June when the new DXO version is released.

The new NIK Collection by DxO is available.

Free trial | Discounted offer price $49.99 | Nornal price $69

NIK COLLECTION 2018 BY DxO

Express your artistic sensitivity with creative, powerful and easy-access Nik Collection 2018 by DxO plugins.

Nik Collection by DxO is a series of 7 creative plugins for MacOS*, Windows* and Adobe CC, providing filters, rendering and photography retouching tools to create stunning images.

It leverages the U-PointTM technology for localized adjustments, and adds a full set of editing functionalities for amazing pictures: your pictures.

https://nikcollection.dxo.com/

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/new-nik-collection-2018-by-dxo.679672/

Never mind the freebies what about people (me) who have purchased and are long time users of DxO Optics Pro (now known as DxO PhotoLab) ? :(

Never mind the freebies what about people (me) who have purchased and are long time users of DxO Optics Pro (now known as DxO PhotoLab) ? :(
What about them? Has it stopped from working? Are they going to stop developing?

All's fine with the software part of the business and it will continue as before. The hardware side is being closed down and the restructuring should be complete by the end of the summer.

Edit....today, they've released an update (free) for your Photolab

Last edited:
Be aware that installing the DxO Nik plugins ( even the trial) will remove the original ( or Google ) Plugins ~ I would be prudent in doing this without consideration. I know DxO are aware and admit this but don't know of any fix that avoids removal of the Original Plugins. If for example you use those originals in say Photoshop Elements thay will be removed and I don't know if there is a way of making them work in elements

Be aware that installing the DxO Nik plugins ( even the trial) will remove the original ( or Google ) Plugins ~ I would be prudent in doing this without consideration. I know DxO are aware and admit this but don't know of any fix that avoids removal of the Original Plugins. If for example you use those originals in say Photoshop Elements thay will be removed and I don't know if there is a way of making them work in elements

Searching Google you can download the original again, as that`s what I did.

Searching Google you can download the original again, as that`s what I did.

All of the original 1.2.11 versions are still available on both the Google and DxO servers. They are linked above. Uninstalling 1.2.14 and installing 1.2.11 is possible.

So the DxO software part is fine, it's the DxO camera making part that's in trouble. That's good to know because I was just about to buy DxO Photolab, having been increasingly impressed with an earlier free version I've been using. And annoying, because I paused on the special low price offer because of the bankruptcy news and rumours, and the offer has now expired. Ah well, there's sure to be another one along soon.

Back