DXO PhotoLab 3 keywords just for Mac??

Name
Marcia
Edit My Images
No
I’ve just upgraded from PL 2 to 3. I really like PL2, but the new features in PL 3 were very appealing, especially the use of Keywords! I decided to give it a go yesterday evening, only to find there was no “box” for putting in keywords. I checked again on the DXO site, and keywords was still being advertised.
Delving deeper via “Google”, I was disappointed to see it being reported that keywords can only be facilitated when using a Mac, and that it would be activated for Windows at a later date?
Have I got this information correct, or am I just being an idiot in not being able to implement it in Windows?
5hank you all in advance for your help!

Last edited:
Thank you for that Pascal! I think it’s about time I read through things properly. Not only did I miss it on your thread, but I must confess to missing it on the DXO site. To say I’m embarrassed is an understatement! Let’s just hope the Windows version is soon updated to include keywords. Thank you once again Pascal!

Thank you for that Pascal! I think it’s about time I read through things properly. Not only did I miss it on your thread, but I must confess to missing it on the DXO site. To say I’m embarrassed is an understatement! Let’s just hope the Windows version is soon updated to include keywords. Thank you once again Pascal!

Easily done. I have upgraded to DXO's Photolab 3 as well but have a Mac. Version 2 was crippled by Catalina yet version 3 works fine.. DXOs customer service is not one of their better features. Fortunately the software is good and I am enjoying using it.

Easily done. I have upgraded to DXO's Photolab 3 as well but have a Mac. Version 2 was crippled by Catalina yet version 3 works fine.. DXOs customer service is not one of their better features. Fortunately the software is good and I am enjoying using it.
It's a bit late to ask, since the special upgrade offer expires in about 40 minutes, but what was your upgrade price?

I can see it advertised as £42.99 but when I go into my account it it £54.99. I have queried it with them. I'm teetering on whether to upgrade as at the moment I still have Lightroom.

It's a bit late to ask, since the special upgrade offer expires in about 40 minutes, but what was your upgrade price?

I can see it advertised as £42.99 but when I go into my account it it £54.99. I have queried it with them. I'm teetering on whether to upgrade as at the moment I still have Lightroom.

I also take/took issue with the displayed price vs the user price. The £42.99 is for the basic version and £54.99 for PL3 Elite.

On the DxO forum I posed the point that the basic and elite are in effect different products.......hence to advertise a "from" price is poor marketing.

I succumbed to the upgrade at £54.99 a few days back when the deadline was 22nd November. As @ 12:30am 25th November the PL3 webpage still showing the discount figures!

I also take/took issue with the displayed price vs the user price. The £42.99 is for the basic version and £54.99 for PL3 Elite.

On the DxO forum I posed the point that the basic and elite are in effect different products.......hence to advertise a "from" price is poor marketing.

I succumbed to the upgrade at £54.99 a few days back when the deadline was 22nd November. As @ 12:30am 25th November the PL3 webpage still showing the discount figures!

I didn't realise there was a DxO forum!

I worked it out with about 5 minutes to go and also succumbed! It is still showing the discount on their page. Support did come back to me to explain, but I agree they are different products and should make it apparent.

I now have more software than anyone needs and have spent a fortune trying to get away from Lightroom (which I still haven't managed!). I do enjoy playing with it all and life is short... I'm probably going to spend most of it at my computer! :LOL:

I now have more software than anyone needs and have spent a fortune trying to get away from Lightroom (which I still haven't managed!). I do enjoy playing with it all and life is short... I'm probably going to spend most of it at my computer! :LOL:

I know the feeling :)

I didn't realise there was a DxO forum!

I worked it out with about 5 minutes to go and also succumbed! It is still showing the discount on their page. Support did come back to me to explain, but I agree they are different products and should make it apparent.

Re: DxO forum
https://forum.dxo.com/c/dxo-photolab/DxO-PhotoLab-Windows

There are sub fora for Mac and other sub category.

As for what else you say, ditto by degrees :LOL: ;)

So I’ve received an email about a Black Friday deal for less - possibly £20 less, though it’s not clear if that is Elite or Essentials.

I have sent an email to their support. As a ‘loyal’ customer it does not make me feel well treated.

So I’ve received an email about a Black Friday deal for less - possibly £20 less, though it’s not clear if that is Elite or Essentials.

I have sent an email to their support. As a ‘loyal’ customer it does not make me feel well treated.

I upgraded to DXO PhotoLab 3 as soon as it came out as I had issues with version 2 and Mac OS Catalina which of course 3 didn’t have. Else I would maybe have waited to see what Black Friday deals were available. I will know better next year. I have just picked up Affinity Photo with its life time free updates for £33. Can’t complain at that one. Nice bit of software too.

EDIT: Just found out that when Affinity go from version 1.7 to 2.0 they may charge you... ah well I guess that blew that one lol ..... Mind you I can fully understand why....

Last edited:
I upgraded to DXO PhotoLab 3 as soon as it came out as I had issues with version 2 and Mac OS Catalina which of course 3 didn’t have. Else I would maybe have waited to see what Black Friday deals were available. I will know better next year. I have just picked up Affinity Photo with its life time free updates for £33. Can’t complain at that one. Nice bit of software too.
I haven't updated to Catalina yet, but that is the fear isn't it, that things stop working? Mainly I'm worried about my printer not working so I'm still holding off for the moment.

I use Affinity also. It is great, but I still rush back to photoshop if I need to do something quickly. I need to spend more time finding my way around it. I've also invested in Affinity Publisher and have now made calendars as Christmas presents using the two. They work together nicely.

Yep I think I'll definitely wait next year!

I've downloaded PL3 to try - might go for it, but NOT impressed at the lack of even basic geometric correction. Optics Pro had an ability to straighten perspective, but this can only level an image - it seems they want to sell you a plugin to do it now.

Back