E-Cigarettes

I'm a 20-30 a day roll up smoker who likes them strong (I dry my tobacco out)! But I'm considering the options here and Just going through all these posts and it's a minfield of info.

I know this may be a bit of an open ended question and I'd really appreciate some input, but what do users here think of the route I should take for the type of smoker I am?

Hi Robert, well first of all you have got to the stage where you feel you should pack it in which is good. Just a few quick things to think about for you. Which route you should take is a tough one as it can be quite a personal subjective thing.If you feel like you want to try patches or champax then do so,however using an Ecig or a personal vaporiser has helped a lot of heavy smokers out. To begin with a lot will duel fuel,perhaps smoking a few during the day and vaping at night whilst at home,or indeed the other way around. You will need to try and find what nicotine level suites.If you do decide you want to try vaping then I would try and source a local bricks and mortar vape shop.Not one that just do the cigalike kits though. There are a lot now that have a whole plethora of stuff to suite your needs, you will aslo get valuable advice from these types of shops as well, whereabouts are you situated? You may want to have a browse through a forum such as POTV Check out some of the new user threads and questions,joining up will be even more of an advantage though for you. There are some very good Tobacco flavours on the market now if you find that may help, if not there are loads of other flavours you will enjoy and not worry if it tastes like tobacco or not. Any other questions feel free to ask.

Rich, totally OT - how you getting on with the Helmsman mod? As at the moment I'm undecided between one of them or a 26650 Hades clone?

I'm about to spread my wings and get myself a 26650 mod for use in/around the house but I'll keep using the MPV for work purposes.

Do it Martyn :D

IMG_3910_filtered_zpsdbf332ac.jpg

You bugger.... that's the Helmsman with the Fogger 26650?

The Manbo 26650 is what I'm looking to pair it with but it looks god with the Fogger.

Rich, totally OT - how you getting on with the Helmsman mod? As at the moment I'm undecided between one of them or a 26650 Hades clone?
Well M8 I only bought the Hades clone from FT,my opinion was kind of Meh!! Top floating pin was a crock of shite, and there seemed no room for adjustment for any small differences in battery heights which you can get even with the same brand. I love the Helmsman, magnetic switch as standard and hits pretty good.

I am weak....order that combo from kernow vapes, right off to myepack now for batteries & charger... looks like I'll be vaping like chimney this weekend.....

Todd @ Todd's Reviews loved the Manbo - I'll check out the ebay link link when I'm later as they're blocked at work

Did the patches to no avail and for medical reasons I can't take champax. So vapours it is. :)

I'm in Belfast.

Nice one Robert,like I say joining a forum would be a good idea. And just like TP, ask questions, as no question is too stoopid.
Rich

& another one joining the club...

been smoking since I was 16 ( stupid or what !)Have managed to give up several times over the years but always end up going bqck to them,. Tried an e-cig last year but the 1st one I brought broke after a few days , got another but it never really worked for me . Had a bad cold a few weeks back & decided then to try again . Wandered in to ASDA & found VIVID e-cigs being sold from the cig kiosk , £10 for a starter kit seemed reasonable so took the plunge .....May 30th had my last normal cig & really not missing it too much . Still get pangs but only when I'm bored !
Sussed out that the 1st time I tried vaping I went for liquid without nicotine in it which is possibly why I failed....the VIVID kit comes with 18mg strength bottle & that takes the edge off . Clearomisers are £3 to replace when they get too goopy or give up so that doesn't break the bank . Off to a local shop this weekend ( Totally Wicked ) to get some different flavors ( tried Parma Violet today...yum yum) in differing strengths with the intention of slowly lowering the level of nicotine over 6 months .May not give up the vaping as actually quite enjoy it..........& really liking that I no longer smell like an ashtray :)

Well it's arrived today, batteries are on charge (and they're taking bloody ages to charge)...

Fogger's wicked and coming in at 1.6 and the tanks half loaded up with some Fizzy Trifle...

Come on batteries charge you buggers....

I've been vaping for just over a week now. I carried on smoking roll ups for a day or two then cut back to 5 in one day, then 2 a day for the next two days. I've stopped roll ups all together now and have done since Tuesday. The vaping has made it so easy to come off smoking roll ups and I would have struggled badly without it.

I got the basic set up to begin with. Clearomisers with detachable thingmies and a spare battery. One battery is 1300 and the other 1100 but I've been hammering it!

Still trying to get my head round the combinations out there and ways to make the juice last longer by getting bigger.

& another one joining the club...

been smoking since I was 16 ( stupid or what !)Have managed to give up several times over the years but always end up going bqck to them,. Tried an e-cig last year but the 1st one I brought broke after a few days , got another but it never really worked for me . Had a bad cold a few weeks back & decided then to try again . Wandered in to ASDA & found VIVID e-cigs being sold from the cig kiosk , £10 for a starter kit seemed reasonable so took the plunge .....May 30th had my last normal cig & really not missing it too much . Still get pangs but only when I'm bored !
Sussed out that the 1st time I tried vaping I went for liquid without nicotine in it which is possibly why I failed....the VIVID kit comes with 18mg strength bottle & that takes the edge off . Clearomisers are £3 to replace when they get too goopy or give up so that doesn't break the bank . Off to a local shop this weekend ( Totally Wicked ) to get some different flavors ( tried Parma Violet today...yum yum) in differing strengths with the intention of slowly lowering the level of nicotine over 6 months .May not give up the vaping as actually quite enjoy it..........& really liking that I no longer smell like an ashtray :)

Hello Lynne, Hope you're keeping well.

This is pretty much what I've done.

I've recently just got a cheap eGo-t atomizer and it's saving me loads of money from smoking, but the cartridges are always breaking and I'm buying a new one every week. What are these bigger and better atomizers like, are they quite reliable? I wouldn't know where to start with all the different air hole options and what's these mods people are on about?

My pen is as basic as basic can be. Fill it up and push a button lol I quite fancy one like yours if I'm honest.

Edit. Where's the best place to get these big ones from in the UK and how would I know that all the parts are going to fit? Sorry for all the questions, I'm new to all of this vaping stuff but I love it.

Last edited:
Rich (u8myufo), congratulations on your year of being off the ciggies.

I've recently just got a cheap eGo-t atomizer and it's saving me loads of money from smoking, but the cartridges are always breaking and I'm buying a new one every week. What are these bigger and better atomizers like, are they quite reliable? I wouldn't know where to start with all the different air hole options and what's these mods people are on about?

My pen is as basic as basic can be. Fill it up and push a button lol I quite fancy one like yours if I'm honest.

Edit. Where's the best place to get these big ones from in the UK and how would I know that all the parts are going to fit? Sorry for all the questions, I'm new to all of this vaping stuff but I love it.

Hi Paul,well to try and answer your questions it depends on a few things. As an example you could buy something like THIS You could also buy similar thing from HERE . The latter being cheaper,free postage but a wait of about three weeks to get it.If you were to buy sometning like a mechanical mod like the ones in those links then you will need other stuff to go with it.A couple of 18650 batteries,one to use and one as a spare charged up and ready to use. Decent charger such as a Nitecore i4. A resisstence checker,as you will be building your own coils you will need to check there are no shorts before putting it on a mod.As for the tanks to go on top you can have either a rebuidable atomiser such as THIS one, or a Rebuildable tank style such as THIS one. All these links are just examples Paul, and all tanks come in various designs and prices from various vendors. I am not sure which ego ecig you have but if you wanted to keep the same one or buy similar,then the Naturevape tank is rated highly.It can be purchased seperately from their website or you can buy it as a kit along with the battery. I have added a vid review for you.Lastly you may want to consider something like the MVP2 which you can adjust the power output,again highly rated for long battery life,up to three days,and you can charge your phone from it in an emergency a youtube search for MVP2 will show you all about it.Well think that covers the basics,other than check to see if you have a decent vape shop in your area and by decent I mean not just one that is selling only things like the SKYcigs.If they have plenty of various mods and tanks in store then they will be dedicated people with a passion for it and can give you sound advice whilst letting you try what they have on offer.

Hi Paul,well to try and answer your questions it depends on a few things. As an example you could buy something like THIS You could also buy similar thing from HERE . The latter being cheaper,free postage but a wait of about three weeks to get it.If you were to buy sometning like a mechanical mod like the ones in those links then you will need other stuff to go with it.A couple of 18650 batteries,one to use and one as a spare charged up and ready to use. Decent charger such as a Nitecore i4. A resisstence checker,as you will be building your own coils you will need to check there are no shorts before putting it on a mod.As for the tanks to go on top you can have either a rebuidable atomiser such as THIS one, or a Rebuildable tank style such as THIS one. All these links are just examples Paul, and all tanks come in various designs and prices from various vendors. I am not sure which ego ecig you have but if you wanted to keep the same one or buy similar,then the Naturevape tank is rated highly.It can be purchased seperately from their website or you can buy it as a kit along with the battery. I have added a vid review for you.Lastly you may want to consider something like the MVP2 which you can adjust the power output,again highly rated for long battery life,up to three days,and you can charge your phone from it in an emergency a youtube search for MVP2 will show you all about it.Well think that covers the basics,other than check to see if you have a decent vape shop in your area and by decent I mean not just one that is selling only things like the SKYcigs.If they have plenty of various mods and tanks in store then they will be dedicated people with a passion for it and can give you sound advice whilst letting you try what they have on offer.

Thanks for that. I have a lot to learn and look into by the look of it. I don't know where to start lol

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ego-T-Shi...obacciana_Smoking_LE&var=&hash=item4acfa6a1c7
This is exactly the same as the one I have. Just basic to try it out but I like vaping and want to get something better.

I've really got into this.

I was looking at stepping up to something more. I'm on a bit of a budget at the moment and saw the VAMO V5 but it's size put me off. I wasn't keen on the shape of the MVP but it does seen a good bit smaller.

Any other suggestions?

I've really got into this.

I was looking at stepping up to something more. I'm on a bit of a budget at the moment and saw the VAMO V5 but it's size put me off. I wasn't keen on the shape of the MVP but it does seen a good bit smaller.

Any other suggestions?

Thats understandable Robert, the vision spinner might be more to a conveniant size for you. Or just go for the Nature Vape kit. Both PV`s get good reviews but you have to understand I have notr used them myself,this is onlyt a bit of guidance for you.

Last edited:
Thanks Rich. Appreciate it.

Still not sure what to go for! I'll head into town tomorrow and see what there is. I'm not holding my breathe as ecigs shops are thin on the ground in Belfast and usually just the mall stalls that sell over priced tat.

I ended up with the Vamo V5. It's huge! Bigger than Dr Whos screwdriver! I've purchased an Aero Tank for now, that seems ok.

I ended up with the Vamo V5. It's huge! Bigger than Dr Whos screwdriver! I've purchased an Aero Tank for now, that seems ok.

Nice one Robert (y) This may or may not be of any use to you but worth going if you can,you will find out so much from a bunch of friendly people. http://vapefestireland.com/ Got myself a Stingray X coming :banana:

No roll ups since the 4th July and no cravings at all. Trouble is, the Vamo is neer far from my gob!

I've been having problems with my Aerotank. Loss of vaper and juice through the tip. Very hit and miss. Can't find what has been wrong, changing the atomiser seemed to help.

So I ordered the Naturevape and it's excellent so far, very smooth.

Last edited:
No roll ups since the 4th July and no cravings at all. Trouble is, the Vamo is neer far from my gob!

I've been having problems with my Aerotank. Loss of vaper and juice through the tip. Very hit and miss. Can't find what has been wrong, changing the atomiser seemed to help.

So I ordered the Naturevape and it's excellent so far, very smooth.

Congrats on packing it in,it was my 1 year anniversary last weekend. The naturevape tanks are well spoken of Robert,hope it does the trick.

Congrats Rich, remembering what you went through last year it's scary to think that without vaping many people in the same circumstances would unfortunately be back on the stinkies.

My year will be complete a week from today if I remember correctly. Can't always trust my memory though! Managed to leave my MVP and Aerotank Mega in a taxi last week. Thankfully due to the honesty of Brixham cabs I was reunited a couple of days later. Was possibly more to do with alcohol than memory though.

Congrats Rich, remembering what you went through last year it's scary to think that without vaping many people in the same circumstances would unfortunately be back on the stinkies.

My year will be complete a week from today if I remember correctly. Can't always trust my memory though! Managed to leave my MVP and Aerotank Mega in a taxi last week. Thankfully due to the honesty of Brixham cabs I was reunited a couple of days later. Was possibly more to do with alcohol than memory though.

Close call M8, glad you got it back ok and congrats to you in case I forget,yeh my memory is bad.I lost my magnifying glass the other day.No big deal,found it in the fridge a short time after.I did wonder why I had a bottle of VG down by my computer :D Stingray X is on it`s way from Vapegeek and apparently she said I would like the serial,probably 666 :) Got two Zenith v2 clones and I must say they rock.

Anyone making their own juice?

I'm hooked and looking to dabble :D

Been doing it since day one virtualy Robert, helps make a saving that`s for sure.It allows me to treat myself once a month to a good liquid from a vendor that way.

Excellent! Is that a Russian 91%?

Do you have any recommendations for a starter kit and supplies?

No Robert it`s the Hcigar Kayfun 3.1 clone,all much and much the same design though.As for a starter kit,you could go for the starter kit from Naturevape.

Ah ok. I 'm popping round the corner for a Kayfun 3.1 tomorrow.

Sorry I meant DIY E-Juice mixing starter kit Rich.

Anyone making their own juice?

I'm hooked and looking to dabble :D
I made my first juice today and even if I say so myself it's pretty good without any steeping. Didn't go for anything too fancy just some cherry menthol and strawberry menthol. Got a few more flavour concentrates on their way so I can experiment a bit more.
Been vaping for about 22 weeks now I even managed a week at glastonbury without any stinkies my first time ever.
Bought my first mod last week a nemesis with a kayfun 3.1 and it's great.
I'm currently buying more vaping gear than camera gear need to find a hobby that doesn't involve buying shiny things :)

Last edited:
Ah ok. I 'm popping round the corner for a Kayfun 3.1 tomorrow.

Sorry I meant DIY E-Juice mixing starter kit Rich.

LOl! Well I was wondering about the starter kit mate.I get my concentrates from Chefs Vapour as they stock a few of the well known brands. Calipitter Chow and Minty The toff arte two of my faves,I make my own vanilla custard and that is easy enough to do as there are a 101 recipes out there.My Nicotine base and PG I get from LtEcigs .Plastic 10/20/30mm bottles you can get from almost most places as well as the bay. A calculator such as Ejuice Me Up which is free is always handy to have,plus it comes with lots of recipes already built into the data base.Syringes can be bought from a lot of places for measuring out and all you need is something made of glass to mix it all in,oh and a battery frothy coffee mixer is handy as it speeds up steeping times.Not sure if you have seen this but worth watching as there is some useful advice.

Back