Early Day Motion started in Parliament regarding street photography

What happens if we photo a image that is of interest to the police, l suppose we get a criminal record while doing there job. Common sense is lacking in politics at the moment and everyone is a likely target except the real suspect who will get a slap on the wrist.

Hi Guys.

In response to this thread, I wrote to my MP, Michael Fabricant, he in turn wrote on my behalf to the Secretary of State, who is now RT HON David Hanson.

Today I received a reply from him that explains some parts of the law and clears up some misunderstanding that the police and public have. It also opens more questions, but overall I felt the answers he gives are helpful.

I would go as far as suggesting that anyone concerned about this should copy and print this letter and keep it with them in case they are stopped or confronted.

I have re-typed the letter and posted it on my web site, if you click here.

My site is new and is under construction so please excuse the temporary layout.

I hope this helps.

Trev

I walk between both worlds, being both a police officer and amateur photographer. You may be interested to know that in the Metropolitan Police the new Commissioner has issued some new simple guidelines for officers and street photography, so there should be far fewer disruptions in future.

I can't speak for other forces, but it's an issue that is circulating within, so to speak.

Oooh that's good news Photo Plod. Is there anything you are allowed to share with us?

Aha! Yeah I saw that in another thread :) Cheers.

Back