weekly Ecniv - TP 52 2021

Dominating
I do like the sky, it's got lots going on.

Snappers choice
Lovely light, is go as far as to say beautiful light. The only problem is the area where the sun is, is a bit too blown out. But it light falling in the landscape is really nice.

Week 34 - Glass(es) - Placeholder
Not sure with this one yet...

The One with all the glasses (except a lens! Doh!)...

Now, I know there was a floating type lens thing... but I really didn't want to put the sensor in the way of dust, so here is a shot through macro lens through a hand held, reversed 50mm lens to glass objects..

These didn't really fit with what I wanted so...
Close up on a coffee cup

or a bottle of scotch...

But I feel this one is the one to use...

Last edited:
Close up
I like how you take us through your thought process with the corresponding images at each stage.
The second batch are my preferred images although the twist on the theme with the book is a bit different.

Personal
Definitely something that doesn't get shared, although for many years now I've used a razor with replacement blades. The cost savings alone could help fund some photography gear which is no bad thing. I might have been tempted to move the razor further away from the edge, I do like it's position between the parallel lines.

Green
I like the 3rd one the most, although would crop from the right to remove the building to enhance it.

Snapper's Choice
I like the first one, the shadow adds to the interest.

Looking Down
The first one for me, though I might crop from the bottom slightly to balance it better (imo)

Indigenous
I agree with the first one, it has nice natural light

Plants
It's certainly a big plant!! I like the yellow elements throughout the image. Fellow affinity user (Desktop & Ipad) but I haven't tried the HDR function yet.

Dominating
The sky certainly meets the theme, it's surprising how clear the difference is above and below the sun.

Fur
I like the third one but maybe a crop to remove the red element is an option. I want to like the first one more but the change from focus to out of focus distracts me.

Hands - the mono for me :)

Fur - Kitty No2 please :)

Clean - nice dof - the colour I think.

Hands - definitely the mono
Fur.. #1
Clean - the colour is bright and cheerful... and says "clean" more than the mono to me.

Clean, the colour works for me as well, The mono toothpaste tube looks a bit off the vertical.

Week 43 - Halloween
Taken with the lensbaby 80mm edge. I tried a free lensing with the 50 and 28 held infront, but didn't work. For the glass one I had one that did (105mm and 28 mm I think).

(was trying for IT with something in the canal...)

Natural red branches.... or perhaps it is feeding on something...

Last edited:
Nice catch up (y)

That's a fine selection of doors, nicely arranged. Is it a collage or a montage, I can never remember which is which?

That castle is gorgeous, I would expect Dracula to fly from the tower at night.

Red. They look like tiny geraniums but not the same species I have (had) in my garden.

Love your chosen architecture shot. Great perspective and lighting.

Nice catch up (y)
Thanks! Helped that I had a holiday to Germany, Bavaria and happened to coincide with the themes... got a bit stuck on irregular (will check the other photos).

That's a fine selection of doors, nicely arranged. Is it a collage or a montage, I can never remember which is which?

That castle is gorgeous, I would expect Dracula to fly from the tower at night.

Red. They look like tiny geraniums but not the same species I have (had) in my garden.
Castle Neuschwanstein (not allowed to take pics inside there nor in Linderhof and cannot use photos except as personal ones of the castles :/ )

Love your chosen architecture shot. Great perspective and lighting.
Thanks!

Nice piccy of some toast, well lite and composed. Would never have guessed what it was.
Good Catchup, hope your shoulder gets beetr real soon.

Pete

Irregular - A little bit of toast.... remember that song? Works well for irregular. Our toaster produces irregular toast too!

Underneath - all fit the bill, but I think the second one is more obviously a ceiling than the first. I'm always amazed they can produce these paintings on ceilings.

Obviously with a catch up like this, it's hard to go back to the main thread and see what you did and didn't end up submitting.

Glass - love the close up of the bottle just really like the colours in it. Second for me would be the solo glass cup.

Culture - I prefer the close up of the pills. I kind of feel like football culture should be shots of animated crowds of people cheering in pubs rather than a shot of the game.

Living - prefer the landscape, but would love to see the horizon levelled.

Underneath - it's the first one for me. The squarer version.

Underneath are all nice captures - the ceilings are well done - I've always found it quite challenging to get decent photo's of ceilings (mostly light related).
Like the culture ones too, and some lovely colours in the shot of the river

That's quite a catch up!
I like the Minuscule flowers :)

Back