Weekly Ecniv - TP 52 2021

OP
E
Edit My Images
Yes
@Bebop I hadn't posted in the main thread for easter... I put the options here.
decided on the last one (although I really shouldn't have moved the flash between shots)

Thanks for the pointer on the crop. I had considered more central, but wasn't liking it...

Edit My Images
No
@Bebop I hadn't posted in the main thread for easter... I put the options here.
decided on the last one (although I really shouldn't have moved the flash between shots)

Thanks for the pointer on the crop. I had considered more central, but wasn't liking it...
Yes I quite like them being nearer the top so it's a bit asymmetrical, but I always like a bit quirky :)

I was a bit confused why people had commented on the others - that explains it :) I like your final one best I think anyway! I had come from the link on the main thread - otherwise I find I keep visiting the threads that I've already commented on... lost in Talk Photography!

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Spring, nice and soft lighting with the onion bulbs in the light fading to darkness along the stalks,

OP
E
Edit My Images
Yes
Week 15 - Shooters choice

Going with the above... as my experiments with the super stopper... well... didn't quite work.

(18s @ iso 100 - bright sunny day)

although the path was better...

(45s @ iso 100)

And a weed, handheld with the macro lens...

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Top picture: Not sure what I'm looking at? Is it a where's Wally picture?

Like the yellow flower, it's much better on Flickr when zoomed in on the little tendrils in the middle.

Edit My Images
No
Snapper's Choice: I'm thinking it's the darker stone that is the focal point, but it is a little hard to tell.

There is a good subject to draw your eye in your first long exposure but I'd say there is probably some camera movement (tripod?) - was it a windy day? I find with the path there isn't really a strong focal point to draw my eye. It looks like you've chosen quite a narrow depth of field or were these taken with a lens baby? Reminder to myself that I must get my lens baby lenses out!

I really like the dandelion. The colours and detail stand out really well against the background.

Spring - great idea and nicely executed

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
The dandelion is lovely and vibrant - especially against the darker background. Works well for me.

The gravel/beach is interesting - especially with the shell-like bits around. Has someone dropped a pot here, or are we on a beach? The green shoot on the bottom edge is a bit distracting colour wise, and I'd be tempted to just de-green it, but otherwise, it would make a cool "big print" on a wall in a company reception.

OP
E
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi.
Its just the path, seemed to stand out.
No lens baby, just lee filters on 50mm f1.1 7artisans.
Possibly a little wobble, but more likely poor focus before shooting.

I do 'need' to use the lensbaby a bit more...

Nice idea on the wall print. I'll update the picture for a print collection.

Edit My Images
No
The detail in your dandelion picture is great it really pops against the background too. I like your shooters choice picture too a nice busy picture with a focal point on the large grey pebble.

OP
E
Edit My Images
Yes
@Simonbrown16 thanks! Still working on out and about.. and no ideas for shapes... yet... Will try to process tonight and take pics tonight/tomorrow before the next theme...

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Daffodils, tulips, clogs, you must have been to...the garden centre! :)

OP
E
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

Two trips, first to the beach up in Flevoland, Netherlands. The second to the 'farm'; tulip farm.... The also have other flowers, hence lots of pictures. Nice sunny day, slightly breezy... Was nice.. and a good bit of practice

Fuji Dave

Teacher's Pet, of Borg
Name
FEELING GOOD
Edit My Images
No
Out & about is lovely mix of great images, very well put together.