Edinburgh Film Meet

Name
Steven
Edit My Images
Yes
After my singular failure to arrange the Festival meet how about June?

Weather should be better might be less bad, the English schools are still on holiday but many of the students are on break so its not as busy and those nice long days mean we can be shooting late into the day find a nice beer garden.

Thoughts?

Right here's where we are. Settled on the 7th, I suggest we meet at Waverly Train Station. Airport bus/Tram(?) stop there or there abouts as do the trains (!). Timings to follow once we get some idea of when travelling people are due to arrive.

Meeting in Princes Street Gardens at the Scott Monument for 10. Mobile numbers have been circulated.

List of who's coming
@steveo_mcg
@Andysnap
@RaglanSurf
@desf
@Strappy
@robhooley167
@steveo_mcg
@ChrisR <--- Tentative
@PMN <--- can't make it now, work commitments.
@kendo1
@wickerman

Last edited:
Reactions: PMN
I'd be up for this, unlikely I'd be able to do the last two Saturdays though. So 31st May and 7th & 14th June would suit me best at the moment.

Once I know my exam times I may well be up for this.

Havent you finished school yet Rob? You seem to have been there for ever.

Chortle. :D

My MSc finishes in September, then if I get a PhD place it's another 3.5 ish years. :D

Earlier would probably work better for me too, so I'll leave it open for a few days then put up a poll.

Nice work if you can get it Rob :D

Earlier would probably work better for me too, so I'll leave it open for a few days then put up a poll.

Nice work if you can get it Rob :D
Work?

I'm definitely keen, just depends on the dates and permission from the current Mrs Snap (who I adore :hug:).

When are the Commonwealth games on? I shall be stopping in Peebles that week but the rest of mid-Scotland is apparently full.

Andy

I'm definitely keen, just depends on the dates and permission from the current Mrs Snap (who I adore :hug:).
Is the CMS watching over your shoulder as you type?

FYI Commonwealth Games are 23 July — 3 August 2014

Last edited:
I couldn't possibly say......:whistle: But there is no harm in being careful.

It appears we were overheard....:eek: But I'm free on the first two weekends in June. I'm in Fort William on the last Saturday in May so I can't get all the way to Edinburgh.:D

I'm around.
I'm kind of semi-retired/self employed, so anytime is suitable.

I'd be up for that, I'm sure!

We'll wait till we hear from Rob, but one of the first two weekends in June looks likely. Any preference for Saturday or Sunday?

Saturday for me, then I can scrounge a bed at my mates house and come home on Sunday.(y)

We all know that the Hooley has nerves of steel and the bravery of a lion.....but no I don't think anyone would be that brave. :D

... any progress on this?

They should send the dates out in the next couple of days, will let you know ASAP.

Should be fine for the 7th/8th June and the following weekend (y)

I need to look into this further but I like the idea of getting the sleeper service up on the Friday evening and heading back down on the Sunday. :)

I need to look into this further but I like the idea of getting the sleeper service up on the Friday evening and heading back down on the Sunday. :)
It does deserve a bit more than a quick mooch round the tourist hotspots and a couple of pints in a hostelry.

Depending on when it is and how much notice we get I'll certainly be trying to make a weekend of it.

Last edited:
I've set the poll to run for a week but I expect we'll have all the results in a few days, you guys can make your plans then. Alternatively have a look at the trains now and picked based on the AP fare price.

Just had a quick check on sleeper costs :eek: and hotel prices :eek: So the sooner we get dates nailed down the better IMHO.

Definitely. Return flights are around £90 per person but we might get a decent saving on the train fare by booking in advance. I still like the train for the romance of travelling on the sleeper but I'll admit to thinking seriously about flying back having looked at the prices.

Of course the very top people can travel for free on the train..ahem..

I'm not becoming a train-jumping hobo, that's fine for you northern types but us southerners have standards, y'know. :p

Might be interested in this. Just had a look at the prices and it's almost as cheap for me to fly as to get the train :eek:

Bus to town is only about a fiver and 15 minutes from the Airport. The Trams should even be running by then...

:wideyed: :wacky: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

I think those summarise my response nicely. We know what day it is today, y'know. ;)

Rofl! I actually seen one in the wild yesterday. A terrifying sight all gleaming and light up, no steam or nothing!

Back