Edinburgh Film Meet

Cheers mate I may well take you up on that...unless we just end up in the pub all day... again.

My various plans to combine this with a Highlands trip have come to naught, and I must be back on Monday for a neighbour's funeral, so currently my attendance is in doubt :( . If I make it, it'll be with the usual excellent pair of Pentax MXs plus the Autocord.

What would I like to fondle? A Mamya 6 and a Fuji GA645Zi... And maybe a Bronnie?

Ah that's not great Chris, let us know how you get on.

It's just occurred to me I'm not sure how much film I've actually got...

Quick favour, I don't suppose any one coming has a neck strap that would fit an RB? I can't seem to find mine and I was hoping to avoid dragging a tripod around all day.

Sadly not, however if you have a 3/8 to 1/4 adaptor spare you can use my tripod.

Quick favour, I don't suppose any one coming has a neck strap that would fit an RB? I can't seem to find mine and I was hoping to avoid dragging a tripod around all day.
What's the fitting on the RB like Steve? I've got a view straps knocking about.

Sadly not, however if you have a 3/8 to 1/4 adaptor spare you can use my tripod.

Cheers Rob, I'm just being a little lazy; I'll bring mine if it comes to it

What's the fitting on the RB like Steve? I've got a view straps knocking about.
It looks like the first two. Little round lugs on the body, the OEM one has a locking mechanism that I'm not sure third party ones have.

Steve,

I'll try to remember to bring the strap for my Mamiya 645Pro, looks similar might fit.

Cheers Rob, I'm just being a little lazy; I'll bring mine if it comes to it

It looks like the first two. Little round lugs on the body, the OEM one has a locking mechanism that I'm not sure third party ones have.

Sorry, I've had a good rummage and I've got nothing that's going to fit.

I'm going to be up there by mid afternoon if anyone fancies meeting up for a pre film meet meet.

Sorry Nick we won't be there till later on. See you tomorrow.

I'm already on the train! :D

To Bristol, for meetings all day rounded off with a teleconference that's going to prevent me nipping off early. :(

Looking like it might be a day for black and white......:(

Beautiful day today here in Edinburgh!

Tomorrow morning looks dry but the afternoon ...

Beautiful day today here in Edinburgh!

Tomorrow morning looks dry but the afternoon ...
Indeed it is, I'm not sure I've ever seen Edinburgh in the sunshine before, on Leith obviously but not the city itself. Im just off to drop my stuff at the hotel then to a dark and dingy pub for a well earned pint.

Last edited:
Gits, I got twenty minutes on the bike at lunch time now back to a dingy office.

Just off to the station, should be there by just after 6... keep the Sun shining for a while longer please.

Just off to the station, should be there by just after 6... keep the Sun shining for a while longer please.
It's going to be a beautiful evening according to the locals, trying to decide between going somewhere for a sunset shot or a pub for a evening if whisky sampling.

It's going to be a beautiful evening according to the locals, trying to decide between going somewhere for a sunset shot or a pub for a evening if whisky sampling.

Why not both!

Good views from Calton Hill and it's very close to the city centre.

up Arthurs seat.......phnarrr phnarrr

Why not both!

Sunset isn't until 9:53 that gives me almost 6 hours of whiskey tasting time, what are the chances of me managing any kind of photography after that?

Last edited:
damn, forgot my lightmeter. I've got one on my phone but if anyone has a spare i can borrow I would be obliged.

damn, forgot my lightmeter. I've got one on my phone but if anyone has a spare i can borrow I would be obliged.

I'll have mine you can use when I'm not using it Andy

I'm gutted guys, I'll be missing this entirely through my own fault. Do have a good one, and I'll be thinking of you and crossing my fingers the storms slow down enough for good weather!

I'm gutted guys, I'll be missing this entirely through my own fault. Do have a good one, and I'll be thinking of you and crossing my fingers the storms slow down enough for good weather!
I can't believe you're missing this Chris and you can't even blame anybody else, at the the risk of crossing the line I can only say that you are an idiot and should be ashamed.

Right that's my stuff packed. Due to my hopeless camera bag, I'm down to the rb and the OM2. Rb in rubbish backpack and OM in trendy side bag. Suppose I can put the 127mm in for the rb now though....

I can't believe you're missing this Chris and you can't even blame anybody else, at the the risk of crossing the line I can only say that you are an idiot and should be ashamed.

:coat::runaway:

Have a splendid time chaps, looking forward to seeing the shots from the meet, I am sure they will all have a suitably Caledonian feel!

right, I'm off into town, eta 12 mins.

I've just passed through Lockerbie so my train should get in in about an hour (y)

Back