Egg on top of the toast

So now then....about the black puddin' How do you like it cooked? My dad would only eat it boiled, but I think it's better to slice it thin and fry it.

So now then....about the black puddin' How do you like it cooked? My dad would only eat it boiled, but I think it's better to slice it thin and fry it.

I think it's better in the bin the evil thing :shake:

Fried. Its got to be crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Like armadillos.

I mean who in their right mind would sit there and think.......Yano what I'm peckish I really fancy some pigs blood.:shrug:

Over 7.5 thousands posts and you have kept that trait so well hidden? Why? :p

i'm like a miror Yv, people see in me what they have in themselves, so what have you been seeing? :naughty:

nah , yv's too short to look in mirrors :cautious:

Also if joe is actually 'admirable' , shouldn't they both be banned - dual accounts being verbotten etc

Last edited:
Joe, you can do better than that for a retort, surely, thats a bit barrel bottom ;)

thats a very telling reply Yv, people who write replies like this do so because actually they just couldn't find a good enough retort to such a superb post.

:naughty:

I mean who in their right mind would sit there and think.......Yano what I'm peckish I really fancy some pigs blood.:shrug:

Mmmmm.... fried in a hot pan so it's crispy on the outside and warm and soft in the middle.

...and it's not just pig's blood, there's little lumps of pork fat too. How can you resist?

joescrivens said:
thats a very telling reply Yv, people who write replies like this do so because actually they just couldn't find a good enough retort to such a superb post.

:naughty:

Great captures! I like 1,3 and 4.

Mmmmm.... fried in a hot pan so it's crispy on the outside and warm and soft in the middle.

...and it's not just pig's blood, there's little lumps of pork fat too. How can you resist?

Oh Jeez Patrick what's for afters:puke:

i think we are saying joe likes nothing better than a kirked breakfast

:LOL: ... though I thought we were talking about fried breakfast, don't start Scrivens on Chinese takeaway! :D ;)

it would seem to be the perfect transition wouldn't it.

Ok, chinese chips. theres a debate. My brother in law always buys chips from the chinese to dip in chinese gravy.

I don't get that. Discuss

No toast for me either. A nice warm croissant with some ham and cheese and a soft boiled egg. Yum

No toast for me either. A nice warm croissant with some ham and cheese and a soft boiled egg. Yum

Oh that sounds good too.

I knew I shouldn't have started reading this thread, all this talk of fried food is making me feel queazy.:puke:

Eggs on toast is a meal, fried breakfast is a different meal. Never mix them up therefore the toast with the fry up must be completely separate.

As for black pudding, food the gods. Unfortunately, I only discovered I liked it a few years ago, all those wasted years! :crying:

And, on to eggy bread. My wife used to be a Brown Owl and used to take the Brownies on pack holiday. I used to go along as well and do the cooking. A very special breakfast was about 4 loaves of eggy bread with lots of streaky bacon. We were still nibbling at the eggy bead well into te evening!

Eggs on toast is a meal, fried breakfast is a different meal. Never mix them up therefore the toast with the fry up must be completely separate.

As for black pudding, food the gods. Unfortunately, I only discovered I liked it a few years ago, all those wasted years! :crying:

And, on to eggy bread. My wife used to be a Brown Owl and used to take the Brownies on pack holiday. I used to go along as well and do the cooking. A very special breakfast was about 4 loaves of eggy bread with lots of streaky bacon. We were still nibbling at the eggy bead well into te evening!

For the briefest of moments I was :eek: :eek: :eek: :LOL:

Its boiled already, that's how they make it. Sliced and fried or grilled.

Its boiled already, that's how they make it. Sliced and fried or grilled.

Yeah I know, but he would just boil it again, bless him :D

Sliced:) On a sunday morning we normally have 4 bacon 2 egg 2 tattie scones 2 slices of black pudding and a carton of mushrooms all fried except for the bacon:p

You heathen.

Bacon should always be fried. Anyone who grills bacon should be shot.

Just fry the bacon. Please

You heathen.

:LOL: I've never known anyone so particular about their fry up!

Whenever I get a fry up I'm just glad I've got one :D

The only time there's cause for complaint is if it's one of those terrible offerings that don't include baked beans for whatever reason, now that grinds my gears!

You heathen.

Not got enough pans to cook it all in Joe:D

I'd be interested to know the ones who are saying the don't like it if they have even tried it? Almost everyone I've ever met who says they do not like it, after being asked have you tried it answers "no". Usually followed by something like "its hanging eating blood, i know i wouldn't like it".

Last edited:
I like my toast on top of the egg.

I hope you've got a high end plate, because with entry level gear you really ought to reconsider :LOL:

Back