Egg on top of the toast

i don't believe you want to do that do you? No, you dont want to kill me, you want to just harm me for life, a nice scar on the face should do it! yes, much better! :LOL:

:LOL:

i don't believe you want to do that do you? No, you dont want to kill me, you want to just harm me for life, a nice scar on the face should do it! yes, much better! :LOL:

strikes me as the sort of thing an amateur would do - a proffesional would wrap you in many yards of waterproof material...

strikes me as the sort of thing an amateur would do - a proffesional would wrap you in many yards of waterproof material...

We have some rather weighty scrap in the warehouse downstairs Pete....can we "lend" you some?.........

you don't want to get the point like that..

[in before scrivens]

ah yes, but my deliberate uncoolness with the brackets was more of a ironic comment on those who are that irritating than a genunie attempt to irritate

self delusion is a tragic thing Pete

Prince Regent : But the people love me, as my coach passes through the streets they shout "we hail Prince George"

Blacxkadder: No sir it's " we hate Prince George"

copyright infringement :bat: :LOL:

I'd be interested to know the ones who are saying the don't like it if they have even tried it? Almost everyone I've ever met who says they do not like it, after being asked have you tried it answers "no". Usually followed by something like "its hanging eating blood, i know i wouldn't like it".

Yes and I I hate the texture and taste :puke:

Ok now this is the only real egg on toast (y)
and they do come in egg cartons :D

et2_zps02b27d01.jpg

Now that's a good looking egg on toast! Birds' eggs as an entity (as in boiled, scrambled, fried etc) make me puke, although I can eat meringues, mayo etc. perfectly happily. The little bits of egg in egg fried rice don't affect me either. It's a real shame since the idea of a relatively healthy meal in its own little package really appeals - rushing to the karzi doesn't! Pretty sure it's a mind thing, possibly a result of an Easter spent in Austria as a child when I was spoiled absolutely rotten by the staff at the hotel (apparently), including feeding me as many eggs as I could eat! (Cool Hand Nod!!!)

... Pretty sure it's a mind thing, possibly a result of an Easter spent in Austria as a child when I was spoiled absolutely rotten by the staff at the hotel (apparently), including feeding me as many eggs as I could eat! (Cool Hand Nod!!!)

Throwing up, boss!" :puke:

Have we yet set the full menu for the first annual joescrivens memorial breakfast? :D

Is there toast and marmalade to go with the sausage, bacon, eggs, fried slice, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, bubble and squeak, black pudding, white pudding, hash browns and mug of tea?

I also want some kidneys and maybe a ladle or two of kedgeree (y)

Is there muesii and fruit juice laid on for the miseries? :naughty:

Crumpet ?

Not putting egg on toast is one thing, but swamp my egg with BBeans or tomatoes so's to make it impossible to eat egg yolk untainted by juice or sauce, is in fact virtual suicide!

Death by frying pan strikes, is too nice a way to go for that sin....imo

And another thing, smoked streaky is the only choice for the fry-up connoisseur, everything else should be exported to France.

Throwing up, boss!" :puke:

Have we yet set the full menu for the first annual joescrivens memorial breakfast? :D

Is there toast and marmalade to go with the sausage, bacon, eggs, fried slice, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, bubble and squeak, black pudding, white pudding, hash browns and mug of tea?

I also want some kidneys and maybe a ladle or two of kedgeree (y)

Is there muesii and fruit juice laid on for the miseries? :naughty:

Oh Jon....Kedgeree....You are restored to good guy status.
A good kedgeree is soooooo yummy.

With the chopped HBE left out!!!

We are talking about a fry up here and therefore the bacon must be fried, as must the black pudding.

Apart from the culinary requirement; its a fry up for goodness sake, how else are you going to get a week's worth of fat in one go?

Dave

We are talking about a fry up here and therefore the bacon must be fried, as must the black pudding.

Apart from the culinary requirement; its a fry up for goodness sake, how else are you going to get a week's worth of fat in one go?

Dave

Absolutely. The reduced fat brigade can have a mixed grill.

Dave
I have one frying pan full of mushrooms and tomato the other one is for black pud tattie scones and eggs so I need to use the grill for my bacon and the mrs insists on the fat removed from hers:D

And also they should use the sausage(s) as a breakwater between the beans and the egg, whether egg is on the toast or not.

Absolutely Especially in cafes that use a cheap brand of bean and flood the plate!

I have been reviewing the works of the great philosophers to see if there was any guidance on the matter - I get the impression that they missed this debate.

In abstract I put forward my thought with a massive nod to Voltaire....

I may not agree with how you mount you egg on your breakfast plate, I may not agree with your proposing how others should mount their eggs on their breakfast plate but I will defend your rights to mount your eggs in whatever way suits you on your breakfast plate with my dying breath!

That said all bets are off with any inclusion of tinned tomatoes on a breakfast plate... bletch

H

Back