Eos 6d Owners Thread!

Here another landscape I did on Saturday I am impress never been this happy with a camera. I know it could of be done with the 7D but this 6D was a breeze and a gem to work with on Saturday..... Going to the little one xmas party tonight so hopefully get some good images but ive not the right lens yet :( 70-200 F2.8 IS L MKII is calling..

IMG_0616-Edit-Edit.jpg by Rooky5, on Flickr

I cant afford it at all but sod laws ha ha ha. Really shouldn't of bough one till feb but wanted it for xmas :) As you know plenty of low light with the xmas tree wanted clean images not the noisy images the 7D does at higher ISO. The ISO on the 6D is very impressive think it a bit better than MKIII according to some people.

I read the images are softer than the MK III tho? I guess there's always going to be a trade off and either way it's going to be better than the 7D in low light!

Have you tried setting the NR to low? Think it's set to medium as standard but might be wrong

Here another landscape I did on Saturday I am impress never been this happy with a camera. I know it could of be done with the 7D but this 6D was a breeze and a gem to work with on Saturday..... Going to the little one xmas party tonight so hopefully get some good images but ive not the right lens yet :( 70-200 F2.8 IS L MKII is calling..

IMG_0616-Edit-Edit.jpg by Rooky5, on Flickr

Nice shot... seems to have captured the colours well which is another slight gripe I have with the 7D.

I have the non IS version of the 70-200mm f/2.8 btw... couldn't justify the IS no matter how hard I tried :D

Nice shot... seems to have captured the colours well which is another slight gripe I have with the 7D.

I have the non IS version of the 70-200mm f/2.8 btw... couldn't justify the IS no matter how hard I tried :D

Yes the 6D does capture the colours and everything alot better than the 7D and that is the truth. It hard for me to comment on the AF as for what Ive done and the way I take pictures ive been VERY happy even happier than the 7D.

What is your 2.8 like i was looking at one like yours for £860 the other week 2nd hand but people keep saying save for the MKII as it much sharper but twice the price hmmmmmm unless for Panamoz which is quite a good price £1270 if pay via BT

Yes the 6D does capture the colours and everything alot better than the 7D and that is the truth. It hard for me to comment on the AF as for what Ive done and the way I take pictures ive been VERY happy even happier than the 7D.

What is your 2.8 like i was looking at one like yours for £860 the other week 2nd hand but people keep saying save for the MKII as it much sharper but twice the price hmmmmmm unless for Panamoz which is quite a good price £1270 if pay via BT

This was taken using it... not sure of the exact details as have ripped this from my blog and then put in flickr so no Exif data available, but would have been about ISO 1600 or slightly more, f/2.8, zoomed in to about the 100mm mark and focussed using nearest focal point and not centre/recompose ;)

8260595697_a09cd66967_z.jpg

***Please note for those who haven't read the whole discussion - this is taken with a 7D and not a 6D (apologies for going off piste)***

I love the lens tbh... if you go to the 200mm end you might struggle with the non IS element but other than that it's a fantastic perfomer IMO

I saw that Panamoz deal earlier... had a little count of my overdraft and there just wasn't enough room... only need a booking in the new year though and it would be feasible.

Last edited:
How u mean focus using the nearest focal point are u selecting them or have all point selected and let camera decides?

Excellent image btw and that lens looks good :) awww expensive photography isn't it ha ha

How u mean focus using the nearest focal point are u selecting them or have all point selected and let camera decides?

No sorry I selected a single focal point and that one was nearest his eyes:

---------------#
---------# # # # # # # # #
# # # # # # # # # # # # # # #
--------# # # # # # # # #
---------------#

Crude diagram I know but I've highlighted a single point so imagine doing the same yourself... i.e. the one nearest the eye.

Does that makes sense?

Mine is not at all soft. Raw images are way sharper than those coming out of the 18MP sensor in my 60D.

Edited as replied wrong

Yes my 6d is very sharp too sharper than 7d

Last edited:
I did some car trail photo about half hour ago this one is straight out of camera.

IMG_0795.jpg by Rooky5, on Flickr

ajax_andy said:
Sorry I meant at the higer ISO's I'd read the images were softer than similar ISO's on the 5d markIII... not that the images were soft in the grand scheme of things

I've found images all sharp no problem to be honest it a gem to be able take high ISO images without worrying for a change :) 7d was having keep eye on I dare not go over 3200 on 7d

Don't even like going to 3200 tbh... had to at my last wedding and loads of NR required in PP... I'm starting to get quite jealous of your new camera :D

I am not joking here at all 12800 on this 6D is nearly on par with 3200 on 7D. That what let me down on the 7D.

I was such a noise peeper honestly I cant even stand taking images with Compact cameras cos of the noise. But that can change as people saying there some good compacts out now but big money.

Some of the JPG samples from pre-production cameras looked soft at high ISO, I have to say though, I only shoot RAW so haven't noticed any issues.

What software your using for your Raw at the moment as I am shooting jpeg and raw and Lightroom does not support raw yet. If I am seeing my jpeg as sharp what raw going to do :eek:

Ahhh does it take a while to do it or is it straight forward?

Ive though about using Adobe DNG or is that not as good?

You can use Adobe DNG converter, but not until they update it to be compatible with 6D files ;) I'm sure Adobe will update Photoshop / Lightroom / Elements soon to support the new model. BTW, Amazon are selling Elements 11 for £32.99 today, although as I mentioned, it doesn't support the 6D yet.

As far as converting to TIF, it's really easy. Just select the photos you want and click export.

You can use Adobe DNG converter, but not until they update it to be compatible with 6D files ;) I'm sure Adobe will update Photoshop / Lightroom / Elements soon to support the new model. BTW, Amazon are selling Elements 11 for £32.99 today, although as I mentioned, it doesn't support the 6D yet.

As far as converting to TIF, it's really easy. Just select the photos you want and click export.

Cheers mate,

Do you use Element I could never like it when I had verion 9 i think or 8... but cant afford CS6

Mind you Lightroom and Nik Complete does everything i want to be honest..

Now the camera does HDR which Ive to test yet might get everything I want done easily

I've purchased Lightroom 4 and Elements 11 but will probably just use Lightroom, it's absolutely brilliant!

Yes I agree Lightroom is fantastic I got it from adobe on Black Friday Sale for think it was £71 full version

Ive never knew the truth and nothing in the book is the 6D weather sealed as I dont think it is

Are you still liking your 6d ??

Isnt there any 7d users here that moved to 6d. I just can't believe how good this camera is and why people slagging it

Last edited:
How are all you new 6D-owners getting on with the new top-botton layout?

How are all you new 6D-owners getting on with the new top-botton layout?

I love it so much quicker the iso button got a raise dot in it so I feel for that while looking through vf I can take images without looking at the buttons now :)

Wish I was off work today lovely frost pictures e taken

ajax_andy said:
What ISO was that at mate? Looks fantastic for SOOC!

For light trails you don't need to go over 100 iso generally as you want a longer shutter speed so I'm afraid that isn't a good example!

odd jim said:
For light trails you don't need to go over 100 iso generally as you want a longer shutter speed so I'm afraid that isn't a good example!

It not a high ISO sample it just showing what I've taken. Who said it a high ISO I haven't

Back