Eos 6d Owners Thread!

Have any of you guys had any problems with manual selections of the focal points? Mine keeps reselecting a different point randomly after I've selected when I then try to focus.

Have any of you guys had any problems with manual selections of the focal points? Mine keeps reselecting a different point randomly after I've selected when I then try to focus.

Hmmmm I can't say I have had that issue.

Drives me mad having to use both scroll wheels back and forth to change points though, came from a 50D where the same wheel cycles through them all.

Drives me mad having to use both scroll wheels back and forth to change points though, came from a 50D where the same wheel cycles through them all.
Just use the joystick part of the scroll wheel controller, no scrolling required.

As already said, just use the pad to move it around. I've not had an issue with it, though I do just tend to use the centre point.

And on the 50d you'd be better using the joystick to select your focus point, much more intuitive [emoji3]

As already said, just use the pad to move it around. I've not had an issue with it, though I do just tend to use the centre point.

And on the 50d you'd be better using the joystick to select your focus point, much more intuitive [emoji3]
This^

Anyone going to upgrade the 6D Mk11:)

Anyone going to upgrade the 6D Mk11:)

Has it been announced now? I've only seen the rumoured specs which don't look like a huge leap from the current 6d?

Last edited:
Has it been announced now? I've only seen the rumoured specs which don't look like a huge leap from the current 6d?

June 29th official announcement.

According to Canonrumours, CR3 specs, which I believe are pretty much guaranteed specs from very reliable sources suggest 45 AF all cross type, DPAF, brand new 26mp sensor, single SD slot, touch and articulating screen. It's basically a FF 80D by the look of it which is exactly what I was hoping it'd be, I think it's going to have 6fps though but that's fine by me.

According to Canonrumours, CR3 specs, which I believe are pretty much guaranteed specs from very reliable sources suggest 45 AF all cross type, DPAF, brand new 26mp sensor, single SD slot, touch and articulating screen. It's basically a FF 80D by the look of it which is exactly what I was hoping it'd be, I think it's going to have 6fps though but that's fine by me.

There will be a price increase though I predict. My guess is £2199.99 RRP

There will be a price increase though I predict. My guess is £2199.99 RRP

In the States it's set to be circa $100 less than the current 6d, so I hope not.

it looks like i might go back to full frame after about 3 years with m4/3rds, the only thing the mk11 hasn't got that i would of liked is duel cards but its not a deal breaker

In the States it's set to be circa $100 less than the current 6d, so I hope not.

I'm shocked, it sounds considerably more capable with 45 X type AF points instead of 1. If that is accurate.

A different beast with a solid AF system

Some of the specs sound good but not sure if it would be worth it.:sneaky:

I am worried i might not be able to resist.:eek:

The AF isn't a deal breaker for me, as I never struggled with the existing AF (even shooting F1) though it's a significant upgrade.

I'm more interested to see if they put a joystick on the back to go with those AF points, as it would be great to be able to select the AF point as I do with my beloved 50d, that interests me more!

Interesting, hope it has decent 4k and EIS

Interesting, hope it has decent 4k and EIS

No 4k by the sound of it.

That's fine by me though as I don't shoot video.

What a shame they aren't getting with the times, would've been great for video.

They just don't seem interested in DSLR video specs. I guess they don't want to tread on their cine camera range?

Another new owner here, recently traded my 80D for a 6D. Currently only have a 17-40 and the old mk2 50mm 1.8, but they will do me fine for a while.

Haven't had much chance to test it out yet, only being able to grab some shots of our cats in the evenings, but I'm hoping to get out this evening/over the weekend weather permitting.
:banana:

Anyone still shooting with a 6D Mk2? Doesn’t seem much life in this thread.

Back