Euro 2016

Three lousy games today, well two and a half so far, one fantastic goal though.

Not a shot on target in the first half of tonight's game, Wales game was equally poor too, not expecting much entertainment from the England game either.

Teams defending in numbers doesn't make for much of a spectacle, can see more than one game going to penalties

Last edited:

Last edited:
I would suggest no plans are laid for Friday...the dream is still alive..

Dream on, yes I was wrong. I think Wales had a great slice of luck getting Northern Ireland. Many think this new format is good for the championships but it is producing some poor games. Gareth Bale is a great player and any team with him has a 'punchers' chance. Good luck to Wales, whatever happens now they have had a memorable championships.

Italy were bad but in fairness it was their B team :)

Dream on, yes I was wrong. I think Wales had a great slice of luck getting Northern Ireland. Many think this new format is good for the championships but it is producing some poor games. Gareth Bale is a great player and any team with him has a 'punchers' chance. Good luck to Wales, whatever happens now they have had a memorable championships.
There are always loads of poor games in shorter competitions, for too many teams it seems the tactic is to not lose, rather than to win.

In fact if you delve through the memories, the great games in a tournament like this are almost a rarity.

I disagree about Wales too, there's a lot more than Bale going on in that team. I didn't see last nights game, but their group games were entertaining and far from a Gareth Bale show.

Shame about the result. Giroud should have the clip of him diving played over and over.

I'm supporting Iceland too, furnished in the finest Iceland Euro 2016 t shirt from Sports Direct :-D (and bought the special edition Einstok White ale the other day to have tonight) #sorrynotsorry

Come on, Iceland!!

FTFY - too bloody cold up there without the comma!!!

ETA a line or 2 from Eskimo Nell -

Not a limpid stream of lukewarm cream
But a solid, frozen chunk.

Last edited:
Defence? What defence?

I bet the people who boldly claimed England might win this tournament are feeling a bit silly.
We've been pretty crap throughout.

Still winnable, but we are defensively shambolic. They look like we can get through them with a bit more composure. I'd take Sturridge off myself but will admit to an ingrained dislike of him!

There are many frustrations in life, but none more so than watching England in Tournaments!

I'm almost ashamed to say this but I think I want Iceland to win !

Sturridge off Lallana on, this will fix it I promise you. Come on Roy!

Resting all those players in our last group game really paid off.

Reactions: mex
Brexit II ?

:D :D :D

Buhahaha That's like Man united losing to The nags head ;)

Well done Iceland, a deserved win. I won't join in people saying the result is embarrassing we lost to a better team, big nation does not make for a great team.
Iceland have shown that some of the traditional metrics of the game may not be that important.. passes, possession, shots on goal, etc. .. compared to actually putting the ball in the back of the ****ing net.

Back