Votes: 12 70.6%
  • 7 - 10 October

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • 14 - 17 October

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yes ,,,,, cant stop ive got to go and shave the backs of my hands :eek:

I doubt i'll need à tripod, however if someone has à spare that they can bring along then it may just come in handy for those evening shots;)
I can bring a spare for you if you need one.

H'mm looks like it's going to be overcast cloudy over the weekend so no point bringing the ETRS for scenery shots (I'm a sunny weather shooter)..oh well you'll might want to play with the T70 if I bring it instead o_O :D but wait with British weather it could all change in 4 days.

Last edited:
I have mild temperature and broken cloud and sun without rain on Saturday and minimal rain on Sunday. With that we could have some very good/dramatic sky for landscapes.

http://www.metcheck.com/UK/7days.asp?zipcode=Derby&locationID=57581&lat=52.9&lon=-1.5&findtype=

Well yes clouds and sunshine are excellent, and I suppose even a misty\rainy glen or moor can look good...but for me, and for scenery, the sun and clouds have to be separate (not a hazy bright cloudy sky with the sun hidden) and even a shaft of light through thundery clouds is promising.

A big thank you to Janet for listing so many links of places to visit and things to do

I think perhaps the one that interests me the most re photography would be the Lumsdale valley with it's stone ruins and crumbling architecture.

[http://www.visitpeakdistrict.com/Matlock-Lumsdale-Valley/details/?dms=3&venue=6121566

"A wooded gorge of outstanding natural beauty with stone ruins, waterwheels, ponds and waterfalls
The Lumsdale Valley is a small wooded gorge of outstanding natural beauty tucked away high above Matlock. With its crumbling stone ruins, waterwheels, ponds and waterfalls, nature has melded with the industrial remains of the past to create an oasis of romantic decay. Lumsdale is also one of the best examples of a water-powered industrial archaeological site in Great Britain and it is unusual to see such extensive use of water power in such a relatively small area."

The car rally and perhaps the steam trains could be tempting too, however arcitecture, particularly old / abandoned buildings etc as opposed to stately homes, appeal very much.

Obviously it's going to depend on what others choose to do and I'm easy going tbh, however that is my personal preference.

I am just getting my gear together and I remembered that we did say that if there is some gear or film that maybe we would like to exchange or sell at the meet then declare on here:

I have an X pan kit, a Bessa R3a kit(very expanded with four lenses plus) and a Hasselblad 500 CM kit, That I am interested in selling. If any one is keen to see the items then let me know. I will of course place the items in the classifieds prior the meet to ensure we do not contravene any forum rules.

Richard.

Get snapping guys for a printed photo with call sign and name, for a dog tag around your neck, as how else are we going to remember 17 names :eek: :D

Get snapping guys for a printed photo with call sign and name, for a dog tag around your neck, as how else are we going to remember 17 names :eek: :D

I'm sure we'll manage Barry.....

I'm trying to decide what fillum to purchase for the trip. Currently I've got 19 sheets of expired Delta 100 and probably 4 or 5 sheets of Fuji 160 left. I'd love to buy some slide film as I've not seen any 4x5 slides yet and I bet it's magical. Can't seem to make myself press the buy button though at that price.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know how many kidneys I actually need?

I ordered 2 packs (not the rapper) of Portra from AG on sunday and it arrived today, impressed.

Any one got a small stash of FP4, I've not had a chance to check my supplies and I'm not going to have time to get down to calumet before Saturday. I'll hopefully not need it but if there was some available I'd be happier.

Hi folks

If there are no objections, I'd like to join you for a while on either the Saturday or Sunday.

Old architecture, crumbling buildings etc. have been mentioned.

I'd be very up for that if anyone has an idea of time and place.

Hi folks

If there are no objections, I'd like to join you for a while on either the Saturday or Sunday.

Old architecture, crumbling buildings etc. have been mentioned.

I'd be very up for that if anyone has an idea of time and place.

I'm thinking of doing the same. Can't believe it's this weekend already!

If you let us have a contact number we can phone you and let you know where we'll be once we have formulated some sort of plan.

Last edited:
Assume I won't be able to make it, I get back from Italy on the 23rd. I might be able to make it out for a day trip though :D

Did this change, Rob? Anyway, if you do manage to come, any chance you could bring that packet of Dufaycolors you scanned for me? Thanks.

Don't forget anti midge cream if going near the peak district o_O

Don't forget anti midge cream if going near the peak district o_O

Didn't need it last week when we were in the north Peaks for a coupla days. Mind you, there was a wee bitty wind going...

Back