F&C meet up 18th May 2024

Thanks Chris, I've got a load of other things on my mind right now, happy for people to suggest things, I was thinking of having a few meeting points throughout the day and people could go off in groups or individually in-between. Happy for suggestions and I'll give it more thought after Easter.

Please indicate interest though

Wish I could join guys, would be interested to meet you. But I live in Belfast and with a two month old baby will be difficult to leave home.
Would be nice to share pictures after the meet up for the rest that Can’t be there

Thanks Chris, I've got a load of other things on my mind right now, happy for people to suggest things, I was thinking of having a few meeting points throughout the day and people could go off in groups or individually in-between. Happy for suggestions and I'll give it more thought after Easter.

Please indicate interest though
A few meet ups throughout the day sounds good to me.

Reconfirming I'm attending. Thanks @sirch , firming up plans after Easter seems sensible.

18th May still looking good for me. As long as I can get there in the day and back, I'm good.

I don't think that I can be around for this one because we're off to France shortly after and need that weekend to prepare.

I am afraid that I will not be able to attend, I had major head and neck Cancer surgery in December which did not go according to plan.

Since leaving Hospital I have started treatment ( chemotherapy ) and I have also undergone procedures for internal bleeding.

The medical advice is not to go. Sorry.

I hope you all have a great time.

Last edited:
I am afraid that I will not be able to attend, I had major head and neck Cancer surgery( in December which did not go according to plan.

Since leaving Hospital I have started treatment ( chemotherapy ) and I have also undergone procedures for internal bleeding.

Really sorry to hear that Richard, it must be a worrying time for you. This is the time to follow doctor's advice, and I'm sure there will be other meets in the future.

All the best meantime, Peter

Also sad to hear that Richard. I hope that the bleeding stops and you recover soon. I know that chemotherapy can be tough. :(

Hello all,

Just to let you all know on the recovery side of things, after leaving hospital the cancer prognosis was that my situation is terminal with a timeframe of 8 months to two years.

Therefore all my treatment is palliative

I felt it would be better if all the facts were in the picture.

I will stay as a contributing member on the site that I really love. You can PM me on any subject me should you wish.

Rich.

Hello all,

Just to let you all know on the recovery side of things, after leaving hospital the cancer prognosis was that my situation is terminal with a timeframe of 8 months to two years.

I will stay as a contributing member on the site that I really love. You can PM me on any subject me should you wish.

Rich.
So sorry to hear this :(

Sad to hear this. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Hello all,

Rich.
Ah, that's sad news indeed Rich.

I am afraid that I will not be able to attend, I had major head and neck Cancer surgery in December which did not go according to plan.

Sorry to hear you've been going through the wars Richard, I wish you a speedy recovery.

Its less than a month away so I guess we need to start firming up some plans. I was thinking that we could meet in Castleton, say the visitor centre at 10:30 on Saturday and then make plans based on the weather and what people want to do and may be aim to meet again later in the day? I'll be staying over in my van and around on Sunday too.

Sounds like a plan!

Hello all,

Rich.
So sorry to hear this. Take this time to just enjoy yourself and do what you want to do. Thinking of you

Back