F&C meet up 18th May 2024

I've got my 4 films back and there are images on all of them, which is a win! Scanned the first one last night. Always takes me a while to process...
Sounds good @ChrisR

I'm scanning most of my 120 b&w roll tonight. Unfortunately I left one strip in the community darkroom enlarger last night! Ah well, I'll have to go back next week to collect - never a chore going to a darkroom.

I'm awaiting my colour 120 back from the lab. I've paid them for scanning so that's one less job.

The Minox films I've dev'd don't include any Castleton though.

Time seems to fly by when you get older - I'm nostalgic about what I did this morning.

Seriously, I'm enjoying seeing photos of the day and looking forward to more.

By the time I dev, scan, and share mine, they will be nostalgic. :LOL:
I've still got 2 frames to shoot of the Konica 750IR film. It's tempting to just waste them but it was so expensive I can't bring myself to. And there have been no good IR days where I've had time to shoot since that weekend. So don't rush :)

I now have 2 out of 4 rolls scanned, the 3rd (Ferrania ORTO will get scanned this evening). I hope the short roll of 645 will get scanned tomorrow, but it's a whole extra level of faff setting up the Epson V500, so it depends if I get a better offer! Normally the PP of these films would wait their turn (there are 4 rolls in the queue before them), But I guess I should try at least a first pass soon as!

I've got a roll of colour film in the EOS 5 with about 8 frames to shoot, might get that finished off this weekend.

First few from Castleton came from the last bad roll of Tri-X (I hope!) in the Fuji GS645S. At least I managed to take the lens cap of for these photos, unlike the rest of the roll! I wish I'd carried on using it, but my muscle-memory just wasn't working that day. Nevertheless I'm pretty happy. The first few are in the churchyard/church...

1) Churchyard

2405DGS6BW01.jpg

2) Church. Faint number print through, sadly.

2405DGS6BW03.jpg

3) Light through the window... pretty bad print through (and a bit of light leak from my attempt to re-wind the roll) but I still like this.

2405DGS6BW04 church window.jpg

All Tri-X in the GS645S devved in XTOL by The Darkroom UK, Cheltenham; rapid turnround and excellent dev-only service as usual.

Another couple from the visit to Peverill Castle.

1) View of Hope Valley from the zigzag path up to the Castle.

2405DGS6BW06 Hope valley view.jpg

2) Inside Peverill Castle, not sure which of our party that is, checking his camera!

2405DGS6BW07 PeverillmCastle.jpg

Both Tri-X in the GS645S devved in XTOL by The Darkroom UK.

I originally wrote that it was you, then I couldn't decide whether it was Chris @sirch , so changed the draft!
It's the legs... Nige's weren't on display that day.

One frame off the whole roll of Konica 750. For some reason I only got 11 shots off the roll despite the film back telling me it was 12. No clue what happened there. Pretty much everything was super under-exposed with only this one being rescuable. Disappointed... :(

2024-05-18-konica750-503cw-04.jpg

Sorry to hear that Ian, but I do like the one shot you got
I think it's highlighted to me that if you've got ir light on your scene it will be exposed ok. But if you haven't, you're outta luck.

I'd try keeping the light tones about as they are, increasing the contrast very slightly, and printing down the shadows - not that I've experimented with this photo, but it seems to have potential.

P.S. I had a similar negative years ago, and this approach worked with that one.

Last edited:
One frame off the whole roll of Konica 750. For some reason I only got 11 shots off the roll despite the film back telling me it was 12. No clue what happened there. Pretty much everything was super under-exposed with only this one being rescuable. Disappointed... :(

View attachment 425115
That is really dramatic, Ian. It doesn't matter ATALL that it's nothing like what we saw, I really love it!

I've finally developed some of the photos from the day (the roll of Tri-X I shot with the Yashica Mat). Still got to scan them, but at least it's progress!

I also have the roll of Pro 400H I half shot on the day finished and ready to go to The Darkroom UK this week. All that's left after that is the roll of HP5+ shot with the F80 - I still have a few frames to shoot before I can dev that one.

Goodness knows how old the photo is, but the scan was made in 2004... I won't identify the original and the Photoshopped versions as it should be self evident.

CorpachStorm2r2.jpg

CorpachStorm1PS.jpg

Thanks for that Stephen. I thought that was what you meant but I wasn't sure if there was a filmism I was unaware of :)

Last edited:
Back