Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3. Either

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

simon ess

Just call me Roxanne.
Edit My Images
No
Following on from the recent Astle Park meetup another opportunity presents itself in the form of Smallwood Vintage Rally, Cheshire.

Please vote for your preferred day and we'll try to arrange something.

Dependent on family stuff for me, but would be good to see folks again.

Paging @Mr Perceptive (as he's close and has a film camera) and @Knikki (as he has an interest in these things and a film camera isn't a pre-req :)?)

I'd prefer Saturday as it's likely to be quieter than the Sunday, plus the exhibitors don't start packing away in the early afternoon, as can happen on a Sunday! However, I'll be governed by the weather, and can also go with the flow if Sunday is preferred by the majority.

Paging @Mr Perceptive (as he's close and has a film camera) and @Knikki (as he has an interest in these things and a film camera isn't a pre-req :)?)
IIRC @Knikki has a Pentax 67, or he did ;)

Can't make this one, busy that weekend and one trip down south in a year is enough for me :LOL:

Thanks for heads up but wedding anniversary that weekend, but another time and I'd be up for it

IIRC @Knikki has a Pentax 67, or he did ;)

Can't make this one, busy that weekend and one trip down south in a year is enough for me :LOL:

Yep still have the Pentax 67 but not used it much over the last year or so.

However, I'm away :( the weekend of Smallwood otherwise might have found ou how much out of date film I could get through :)

Sorry guys, already booked up.

Are we saying the Saturday then?

Can you please confirm who is coming. Looks like just the three of us so far.

I shall be there on Saturday barring any FIL issues.

Deciding what camera/s to take. Have been working on getting my old Yashica TL Electro into full working order. It has sentimental associations as it is the camera that I took photos with on my first date with my wife 40 years ago when she asked me out to a picnic with a couple of friends. I proposed 3 days later !

y4mXhK3Qv25zwv6uws780F2Npajx54P77EGKD48ApDnoG4v1ZmLtZuE_J6djZ9z5Uyi5ctwScIf1M6djbHToVlhEw_4q2ScL4ffrUIlby3fz96EKnlRxehgghayz4WwzU_8LJpHm883QUa4oYU43s_Xyebk3yJ_8X0D7EaV876t6f2tXR6VcZ6yHzatD59s2B0Z

Mrs B is the blonde standing. On the mooring by the cottage at Cliveden on the Thames,

Looking forward to finishing off the roll of film in the Ensign 16/20, only got half way through it at Astle Park! Fingers crossed for the weather.

How about "Of the period" - take snaps on a folder that evoke the period when your folder was made? i.e. on a 1940's folder you shoot 1940's themed pictures, on a 50's folder you shoot 50's themed pictures?

We should have some sort of a "folder challenge"

:)
A folder 'of the period' shoot-out challenge it is then!

However, I suspect we may all be shooting 1950s stuff by the sounds of it. Unless I drag this 1930s one along... although the Ensign 16/20 does take sharper photos, and those 8 shots I've got left need using up before I go into hibernation!

49702406322_e54414776c_b.jpg

I have no folder. Never really enjoyed using them, so I shall adjudicate from the sidelines, offering helpful words of encouragement. Although the RB67 has a bellows (if that counts), but the idea of lugging that around for the day sounds unfun.

What times are folks thinking of getting there? I'll probably head out around 9 for a bacon buttie before driving over there for about ten ish.

I have no folder. Never really enjoyed using them, so I shall adjudicate from the sidelines, offering helpful words of encouragement. Although the RB67 has a bellows (if that counts), but the idea of lugging that around for the day sounds unfun.

What times are folks thinking of getting there? I'll probably head out around 9 for a bacon buttie before driving over there for about ten ish.
Ten-ish sounds about right I think, if that suits the others?. Meet by the beer tent (it won't be open then but it's usually the easiest central meeting point to find at a steam rally, as most of the exhibitors will know where it is if you ask them!).

If you like I could bring a 1950s Voigtlander Bessa 1 folder for you to use, just bring your own roll of 120 film? It's an easy camera to use (with conventional type viewfinder rather than a prism or a sight-frame) and is built like a tank; it was serviced a couple of years ago so the speeds should run true. That would give you 8 shots to play with. So let me know if you want to join in the folder challenge. (y)

Last edited:
So let me know if you want to join in the folder challenge. (y)
Thanks but I'd rather watch you lot fiddle :) I have tried folders in the past and they're not for me.

10ish is fine, have to get daughter up and on her way at 0630 to pick up her business partner and set up their stall, RuthAndAllyMakes, in the craft marquee. I'll be the one groaning under the weight of my camera back pack, 7.5kg, unless I swap out some of the cast metal bodied cameras and extra glass for some cheepo plastic ones. Then again could stash it on their stall and just carry one camera at a time.

So the Agifold is in the repair box, back hinge failed while loading. Franka Solida II standing in, it also has a built in rangefinder, uncoupled.

FIL had the paramedics out last night. We're off over there this morning. Won't make it sadly.

:(

Have a great time!

FIL had the paramedics out last night. We're off over there this morning. Won't make it sadly.

:(

Have a great time!
Sorry to hear that Ian, never mind, I'm sure we'll have a pre-Xmas locals meet and hopefully you'll be able to make that one. Hope all is well with your FiL too.

Back