F&C Trip to Scotland - Gauging Interest & Opinions - Booked!

General area & dates of possible Scotland trip

• Highlands

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • Lowlands

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Arran or another island

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • September 2018

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • October 2018

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • November 2018

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
it appeared to be dry in some of them!

No no no no!! @StephenM has chosen not to mention how he has spent umpteen hours "rain spotting" ( equivalent to dust spotting:D) to rid the shots of the foul weather :p

He doesn't fool me that easily, I heard news that even Nessie became intimidated by raising Loch water levels and climbed into the Ark :D

If anyone's interested, my digital photos from (and of) the event can be found here. For some reason, I appear in a couple, so someone must have prised the camera from my hands.

I usually try to adapt camera to job in hand, and for the interior photos of people the high ISO (plus image stabilisation) makes the A7R2 my camera of choice for the job. There are also a number of outside photos, for which I apologise, but again it was simpler to use a digital camera for what were essentially record shots.

Some good shots there Stephen, nice to see another F&C meet. I'm definitely going to the next one though, assuming it's in the dry season ;)

Nice to see @RaglanSurf's Chroma too. Did everyone else's stay in their bags? :)

Thanks Janet but you really don't need to include Andy in the shots.....only joking Andy, love you really ;)

Oi! I enhance any photo that I'm in. :thinking:

---_0233small.jpg
They were out on the coffee table most of the time. I've no idea whether anyone took any photos of them though.

I thought I had, and on looking back through the photos I found that I did indeed have a couple with the tabled Chromas in, although they weren't the point of the photo. Alas, the film was T Max, so the Chroma colours will only become apparent if someone hand tints the photos :D

I didn't personally use any large format while away, which was down to the wind and rain.

Last edited:
I got my shots back from Filmdev, and there were horrendous halos on a few, that at first I interpreted as sharpening artefacts (I'd asked for no sharpening). Called Filmdev and they agreed there was a problem, apologised that it should have been picked up. Appears to be some sort of contrast edge setting on the Noritsu set wrongly, rather than sharpening. They've re-processed and sent me the worst image, and it's now fine, so they're going to re-process (rather than re-scan) all the images, and re-send them to me.

Point of this, check your images carefully at the mo, and contact them quickly (while they still have the scans on their systems) if there's an issue.

Some good shots there Stephen, nice to see another F&C meet. I'm definitely going to the next one though, assuming it's in the dry season ;)

Nice to see @RaglanSurf's Chroma too. Did everyone else's stay in their bags? :)

I wondered if we should have a (day?) meet in Liverpool or Chester (again) with the express intent of showing off the Chromas?

Mine came out of the bag 3 times, but just for dry runs of setting up the camera, with help and instruction from the others. I did hope to get at least an interior shot with it, saved a bottle of whisky from the recycling for the purpose, but it was dull and gloomy and we were busy getting wet elsewhere!

BTW it turned out that MRs R apparently still hadn't worked out that I'd got a Chroma, despite my telling her (in a couple of different, perhaps too devious ways). Then Janet let on so I had an uncomfortable half hour or so... ;)

I wondered if we should have a (day?) meet in Liverpool or Chester (again) with the express intent of showing off the Chromas?

Mine came out of the bag 3 times, but just for dry runs of setting up the camera, with help and instruction from the others. I did hope to get at least an interior shot with it, saved a bottle of whisky from the recycling for the purpose, but it was dull and gloomy and we were busy getting wet elsewhere!

BTW it turned out that MRs R apparently still hadn't worked out that I'd got a Chroma, despite my telling her (in a couple of different, perhaps too devious ways). Then Janet let on so I had an uncomfortable half hour or so... ;)

A meet in the city centre would be great. Especially as my kickstarter video was filmed at the dock.

I’m sorry your Chroma got you in trouble Chris. The price of getting new toys unfortunately [emoji6]

View attachment 136842

I thought I had, and on looking back through the photos I found that I did indeed have a couple with the tabled Chromas in, although they weren't the point of the photo. Alas, the film was T Max, so the Chroma colours will only become apparent if someone hand tints the photos :D

I didn't personally use any large format while away, which was down to the wind and rain.

Thanks Stephen, that’s nearly there. How dare you take photos where the Chroma’s weren’t the point of focus! [emoji6]

I thought everyone knew that that was why photographers always say "say cheese" - cheese is inherently funny.(

Absolutely brilliant, love it. However, a couple of things, firstly why am I not in there after my brilliant performance as 'man swatting away giant fly on beach'. And. secondly, your cut aways are a bit abrupt perhaps, maybe a fade from scene to scene might work better, although I freely admit that I know nothing about it and may be talking complete gibberish. :D

Last edited:
Absolutely brilliant, love it. However, a couple of things, firstly why am I not in there after my brilliant performance as 'man swatting away giant fly on beach'. And. secondly, your cut aways are a bit abrupt perhaps, maybe a fade from scene to scene might work better, although I freely admit that I know nothing about it and may be talking complete gibberish. :D

Thanks Andy :) I timed the cuts to the music so that the scene changed on an obvious beat in the music, but you're right they might be a bit abrupt. I'll have another look at it (y)
Agreed :)

Yep, that bit definitely needs posting up here for posterity! :D

Edit - it's a pity @Andysnap wasn't using the Mulberry. It would be a brilliant bit of footage for @stevelmx5 :LOL:

That video's in progress, it's just uploading to YouTube now :D

A few from me:

Brilliant photos Janet, the first and third are great landscape photos.

Great stuff and you obviously had excellent weather!! ;)

I really liked the second to last section with the shadows of the clouds moving under the drone.

Thanks Des, that was my favourite section as well :) I didn't know the light was moving like that over the ground as I couldn't see it from ground level, so it was a nice surprise when I watched the video back!

A few more. Rollei on Ektar.

Love the second one Andy, loads of atmosphere

Last edited:
Well if that doesn't win an Oscar nomination the system is corrupt. :D

Impressive photos, but I'm even more impressed that you know the names. I never do...

Thank you Stephen. The beauty of owning all the OS maps for the area is that I can appear incredibly knowledgeable.;)

Back