F&C Trip to Scotland - Gauging Interest & Opinions - Booked!

General area & dates of possible Scotland trip

• Highlands

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • Lowlands

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Arran or another island

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • September 2018

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • October 2018

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • November 2018

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Weather looks quite good for tomorrow. I can see you all arriving, dumping your bags and then disappearing for a sunset!
It's proper dark by half past seven, so you'll have them all back in time for then I would think?

I wish everyone a very safe and pleasant journey and hope you all have a great time. Don't forget to keep us updated with progress, and don't let Andy near any marine causeways, islands, etc. as we don't want to end up with a new Mulberry harbour! ;) (y)

We're far more likely to tempt him across to a dangerous place and then run like heck! ;)

Encourage him onto that line of boulders leading out across the water towards the sunset to get THE shot of the week.;)

It'll all be too late when he realises that he's standing on "Nessies" back! :eek::exit::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just to confirm, the owner will be at the house at 4pm tomorrow to welcome us and sort out the keys etc. Unless something goes drastically wrong, we should be there by 4pm and I seem to remember others mentioning that they should also have arrived by then.

Just to confirm, the owner will be at the house at 4pm tomorrow to welcome us and sort out the keys etc. Unless something goes drastically wrong, we should be there by 4pm and I seem to remember others mentioning that they should also have arrived by then.
Hopefully we'll be there by then.

I'm only 2 hours away from the house tonight so should be there for 4 as well unless something has gone drastically wrong (or right I guess)

s'il vous plait.

"si tu plait" if you please young man.;)

"Vous" is very formal and indeed the correct way to address someone in authority ( like me!:D) or if you don't know them, however between friends and family it's the norm to "tu" each other.

French lesson over ( I'll send you the bill for my time!:LOL:) , Back to business / topic / Scotland……………...

Yes,I know the difference exactly, but I was sent to a private school.

I addressed my own mother as Madame.

;)

Why?

We're nearly there... or at least, nearly all here!

Forecast is "Yellow warning of rain" for the next 3 days!

Forecast is "Yellow warning of rain" for the next 3 days!

Could be a "WET out" as opposed to a "WHITE out" then:D

Forecasts are often hit and miss in mountain areas; blimey, if i took notice down here then i'd often not venture further than the village.

If it rains just take it in turns to assist each other with brolloies …..there's always a way around the wet stuff even for togging, albiet not particularly enjoyable but you've all made an effort to get there so ….GET THEM NESSIE PICS TAKEN:p:D:D

This is the view from our window at the moment. We have a yellow warning of heavy rain until Tuesday night :eek::rolleyes:

44428478664_c8bc9a3aef_c.jpg

2018-10-07_08-01-15 by Janet

With all the bottles here, there's no need to go out :D

Fake news from the BBC :beer:

This is the view from our window at the moment. We have a yellow warning of heavy rain until Tuesday night :eek::rolleyes:

44428478664_c8bc9a3aef_c.jpg

2018-10-07_08-01-15 by Janet

If it's any consolation, it's wet here too and forecast to possibly remain unsettled for several days……..Rain in Scotland is one thing but I live in the South of France!!!:confused::(:D:D

If it's any consolation, it's wet here too and forecast to possibly remain unsettled for several days……..Rain in Scotland is one thing but I live in the South of France!!!:confused::(:D:D

come to sunny London....sun and clouds and not much rain (if any) for the next 7 days with max temps reaching 21c :eek:

It's been lovely here in Cheshire today. Sunshine and whilst not warm, not cold either. Maybe it's creeping towards you?

Have a fab time :)

You're right...the met office gives a different picture :rolleyes: i.e. mostly rain and Accuweather agrees with the met office.

:eggface::oops: :$ when typing in the parts of the Scottish highlands and although typing in say Aviemore..I didn't hit the search button (on BBC) so was looking at the London area weather.:rolleyes: and it does say rain.

Rain ..rain... We are thinking of building an ark.

Do you want any ideas for topics for conversation in case you run out....what about do ducks like rain o_O

or perhaps

" Shall we hold a vote as to wether we should all impose the ignore feature on Brian?"

:exit::D

In any case I might have to do just that to keep my sanity seeing as that lot av left me 'ere "alone" with you:runaway::p:D:D

or perhaps

" Shall we hold a vote as to wether we should all impose the ignore feature on Brian?"

:exit::D

In any case I might have to do just that to keep my sanity seeing as that lot av left me 'ere "alone" with you:runaway::p:D:D

Ideas for sombre shots? If near Glencoe a massacre took place h'mm Commander was Robert Campbell and the victims were mainly Macdonalds.

Back