F&C Trip to Scotland - Gauging Interest & Opinions - Booked!

General area & dates of possible Scotland trip

• Highlands

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • Lowlands

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Arran or another island

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • September 2018

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • October 2018

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • November 2018

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Forecast is "Yellow warning of rain" for the next 3 days!

Look on the bright side, it sounds like you'll all have plenty of opportunity to get some photos for December's FPOTY theme, and Andy can try out that yellow waterproof camera he bought the other week. You see, there's always a silver lining. Do watch out for cabin fever setting in though! ;)

Last edited:
Ffordes is fab....and it hasn't rained for over an hour. :D

The weather was really windy and wet yesterday (REALLY windy!). We went to some nearby waterfalls, which were in magnificent spate, but didn't even take a "proper" camera. Today Mrs R and @kendo and I went to Glen Etive in very misty conditions, with light rain, no wind (at first). Parked at the lake and got about 3 shots with nice wispy cloud reflections in the loch, then the wind got up and the rain came back in again, so back home for a bacon butty!

Today Mrs R and @kendo and I went to Glen Etive in very misty conditions, with light rain, no wind (at first). Parked at the lake and got about 3 shots with nice wispy cloud reflections in the loch,

On LF ?? or did the weather put you off trying the Chroma?

Has anyone managed to get a LF shot yet?

There was lots of swooning over a 6x17 in Ffordes but nobody was rich enough to buy it!

I bought a bag!

Other people bought things too! ;)

Last edited:
I bought a couple of Copal 0 lens boards.

And I can confirm that a large format photo was taken by A. N. Other, and I have the photos of it happening.

The wet and wind have returned, and the weather's not too hot either. :D

I bought a couple of Copal 0 lens boards.

And I can confirm that a large format photo was taken by A. N. Other, and I have the photos of it happening.

The wet and wind have returned, and the weather's not too hot either. :D
yep but who is called wet and which one wind:eek::p

Yes, looks like this will go down not as the F&C Scotland week, but the F&C Scotland Wednesday! (And I hope that hasn't spooked the weather gods too much...)

This is the view from our window at the moment. We have a yellow warning of heavy rain until Tuesday night :eek::rolleyes:

44428478664_c8bc9a3aef_c.jpg

2018-10-07_08-01-15 by Janet
The hill you can see on the far side of the loch in this photo isn't there this morning! Either someone has nicked it or the rain and mist is much worse today!

Lovely sunny autumn morning in south Cheshire today, 14 degrees, blue sky and cotton wool clouds with an occasional light breeze, just saying! :whistle: Errr… put that baseball bat down Mrs Snap! :exit:

Last edited:
Bloody gorgeous, excellent light, good clouds and surprisingly warm. We are all on the beach by the house waiting for the sunset and I'm in a tee shirt, the rest are wearing coats coa hats and scarves and gloves but they are all girls. :D

Bloody gorgeous, excellent light, good clouds and surprisingly warm. We are all on the beach by the house waiting for the sunset and I'm in a tee shirt, the rest are wearing coats coa hats and scarves and gloves but they are all girls. :D

You're on the beach with a load of girls?

That is not how I imagined a F&C outing would end up.

You're clearly the tough Northerner, used to the frozen wolf-infested wastelands of Crewe, that has no need for coats or hats. Pah, southern softies...

You're clearly the tough Northerner, used to the frozen wolf-infested wastelands of Crewe, that has no need for coats or hats. Pah, southern softies...

That would the Crewe 250 miles to the south of here, would it? ;) (I know Scots get really worked up by middle english folk calling themselves northerners!)

You're on the beach with a load of girls?

That is not how I imagined a F&C outing would end up.
He was you know

IMG_0289.jpg

BTW the serious 'tog with the tripod and wellies is nothing to do with the F&C trip...

Glad you finally got a nice day up there, the temperature got up to 24 degrees in south Cheshire this afternoon with wall-to-wall sunshine; so you can tell Steve that the locals can't move in Crewe for wolf fur from where the overheating animals have desperately been trying to scratch off their winter coats! ;) It's still 16 degrees here tonight at midnight, so at least The Snaps can console themselves with the thought that their central heating shouldn't have been running much while they've been away! :D

He was you know

View attachment 136323

BTW the serious 'tog with the tripod and wellies is nothing to do with the F&C trip...
That was a flippin' gorgeous spot to chill out for a couple of hours. We planned to take some photos of the Chroma's there but, by the time they'd all arrived, the wind had got up too much. Sorry Steve, if the weather forecast for the rest of the week is accurate, you may have to just put up with the ones I posted to your Facebook page last night :(

Last edited:
That was a flippin' gorgeous spot to chill out for a couple of hours. We planned to take some photos of the Chroma's there but, by the time they'd all arrived, the wind had got up too much. Sorry Steve, if the weather forecast for the rest of the week is accurate, you may have to just put up with the ones I posted to your Facebook page last night :(

Thanks for the photos last night Janet. It's great to see some 'action' shots of at least Nick's Chroma :0) Maybe a group shot around the kitchen table would be the better option!

hows that lovely weather up there peoples ,,,,,,,,,,I havnt been keeping up to date with it much ????

Rain and 40mph+ winds today until mid afternoon :(:rolleyes:
I understand from the BBC website that there was a great sunrise in Windsor, although why I TV are turning it into a 3 hr programme I have no idea. :whistle:
Off to work for some of us. :(

Exactly, that graphic shows the area where I grew up North of Inverness on the East coast has very low rainfall. :)

Back