F & C Week long trip to Cornwall!

Which week (sat to sat) in May would you prefer?

• 6th - 13th

• 13th - 20th

• 20th - 27th

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't think they went outside during the midge season! :eek:

He's not been stuck on any islands recently, but that doesn't mean that there hasn't been any blithering idiocy......:);)

So you reckon that last photo might be more a case of gormless rather than Gormley then? ;)

Charming and endearing idiocy though, surely?!

Has Woodsy realised that he could be sharing the same accommodation as Mr Snap at some time in a future F&C holiday, and decided to play it safe with the banter?! :D

Stoically

The food chain was different back then, less tourists to feast on so less midges in general.

If any body wants to go to parts of the highland it seems the best\better time would be from Nov to April and just in case some beasties are around..don't go out at dawn and dusk :eek:

If any body wants to go to parts of the highland it seems the best\better time would be from Nov to April and just in case some beasties are around..don't go out at dawn and dusk :eek:

Camping is advisable only in months with an R in them or in windy spots (easy to find that mind)

Has Woodsy realised that he could be sharing the same accommodation as Mr Snap at some time in a future F&C holiday, and decided to play it safe with the banter?! :D

It's more that we do give Andy a good ribbing som...all of the time and I figured he'd earned a break.

Besides, if I really wanted to up the banter, I'd just have to mention Yamazaki, and his reaction to trying it :D

Camping is advisable only in months with an R in them...

I like that :D

Last edited:
Camping is advisable only in months with an R in them or in windy spots (easy to find that mind)

...but September has a "r" in it...the female midges (the biters) are supposed to be around may to Oct o_O

'Smidge' insect repellent is meant to work quite well against midges and it seemed to keep them off me when I visited south-west Scotland last June, but fortunately there weren't too many about where I was staying anyway.

Snip:
It's more that we do give Andy a good ribbing som...all of the time and I figured he'd earned a break.

That's very decent of you. (y) But won't he wonder what's wrong if you all suddenly start being nice to him?! :confused:

I'd be all over a Highlands meet. Only time I've ever been to Scotland was when I flew to Aberdeen for a weekend a few years back. Never seen "proper" Scotland because it's like 12 hours in the car and I really hate long drives!

...but September has a "r" in it...the female midges (the biters) are supposed to be around may to Oct o_O

Atlantic Storms keeps the buggers down...

September is usually tolerable, The September weekend Mid September on the East and and week later is usually the end of the midge season and just before it starts getting bloody cold!

That's the trouble with Scotland, everything is so far away, you can drive 4 hours just to get somewhere when you cross the border! :grumpy:

Sign me up for a Scotland meet as well. It'd have to be a week long trip though for me personally... Principally because of how far away it is, but also because there is so much to see landscapes wise!

I'm fairly sure we'd be up for a trip to the Highlands too. If timing and conditions are right, they can get some fantastic autumn colours up there sometimes.

Sign me up for a Scotland meet as well. It'd have to be a week long trip though for me personally... Principally because of how far away it is, but also because there is so much to see landscapes wise!

It would have to be a restricted area, wouldn't it? I did wonder (again) about Arran, which is said to be "Scotland in miniature", and has the advantage of being easy to get to by public transport, as well as some hindreds of miles further south than some of the other good bits...

Arran is one of my favourite places, it has everything and it's really easy to get to.

I've never been to Arran, so I'd be more than happy to go there :) At this stage though, I couldn't rule out staying an extra week to go to some of more remote areas to the north :D

I've never been to Arran, so I'd be more than happy to go there :) At this stage though, I couldn't rule out staying an extra week to go to some of more remote areas to the north :D

I'd love to dissapear up to Torridon for a week or two but its too hard to get to even for me.

I'd be up for a few days on Arran, though the lakes are much eaiser to get to.

I'd love to dissapear up to Torridon for a week or two but its too hard to get to even for me.

I'd be up for a few days on Arran, though the lakes are much eaiser to get to.

Direct train to the ferry [at Ardrossan] from Glasgow Central?

Last edited:
Last edited:
What a handsome and dashing photographer. You don't see many people nowadays that can carry off a hat like that.

I think that's taken from the Headland just south of the beach in Jonathan's G$$gle map reference. I took a number of shots from down in the cove, though not including the beach as such. I was clearly mesmerised by the waves breaking on the opposite shore, without noticing what a tiny part of the frame they would take up!

1705PLXCN Cove Porthcothan by Chris R, on Flickr

Pentax LX, Portra 400

Back