F & C Week long trip to Cornwall!

Which week (sat to sat) in May would you prefer?

• 6th - 13th

• 13th - 20th

• 20th - 27th

Results are only viewable after voting.
That first one mate is spot on. Really like the composition and the final result is really nice. Not so keen on the second one imho though mate; I feel the composition needs *something* extra - Something more in the foreground perhaps?

Also, 135mm on 5x4 gives approximately the width of a 40mm lens on full frame. MF depends on format.

Cheers buddy, I agree about the 2nd one, it really relied upon a great sky and it wasn't quite there.

A dog made from old welly boots in Padstow (replacement Nikon FG!):

Welly-Dog by Janet, on Flickr

7 years ago, he had a friend....:(

2u904ed.jpg

2jf17hs.jpg

Last edited:
All good mate but the last one has the wow factor. (y)

Random question... Can anyone remember the name of the pub that we went in in either Padstow or St Ives (edit- I'm 99% sure it was St Ives), where a few of us had a carveries and I had that lovely rough cider? I've looked on the map for a bit but can't find it. We're looking at going to Cornwall for the weekend in a few weeks, and I want to go back there for those amazing chips! or cheps, before someone (@Woodsy) mocks my slight westcountry accent :D

Last edited:
Thems wurr lurverly cheps though....:D

I've had two rolls of exposed FP4 and a roll of PanF in the fridge for ages, as I just haven't got round to developing them. Just developed one of the rolls of FP4 and it's some photos from the Cornwall meet! Didn't realise the rolls were that old :LOL: Interested to get them scanned so I can see what's on them :D

Oooh excitement!

It's Chapel Porth beach! I seem to remember someone else getting his feet wet on that beach too Mr Hall :D;)

Last edited:
When and where is the next meet? I'm taking a lot of holidays this year :)

I'm sure an old sea dog like Andy wasn't phased one bit in that first photo, he was most likely just practicing his morris dancing moves. :D

When and where is the next meet? I'm taking a lot of holidays this year :)

I'm sure there was something mentioned, but the only thing that comes to mind is a vague suggestion to go to some darkroom in, maybe, Nottingham?

Oh, and a Highlands meet was mentioned in an aspirational way, no volunteers emerged yet to organise.

Given a choice of the Highlands and the unpredictable weather, midges, distance, sparsity of pubs/restaurants, etc. then I think I'd rather have a short holiday in a darkroom in Nottingham! ;)

Last edited:
Back