weekly fadingisight's 52 for 2015

um, from memory - you make the canvas size bigger than the picture then use the shear tool to straighten it a bit then crop back down. Shear might be called something else depending on SW but it's the tool that allows you to move the image sideways at the bottom while the top stays the same (I think) @posiview

Russell

Bold ... very nice image. I like the rocks, the colour/texture of the building and the sky .

I think it needs to be rotated 2 deg clockwise. @sturisoma I don't think there's any point in having a bigger canvas, just rotate then do a rectangle select.

I think the bigger canvas is so you don't lose as much when you crop it back into shape. I dunno really, I just followed a tutorial off t'internet :)

yeah but when rotating 1 or 2 degrees you lose tiny slithers. If you could not afford to lose anything you could paste the pic onto a slightly larger canvas and fill it the bits ... easy to do a tidy job when dealing with solid colours.

Hi Russell

Watery......liking that a lot, high key & abstract...would look great framed I think :clap:

Bold.....really liking that, very striking building, love the foreground rock textures which contrast against the seemingly smooth material of the building & a great sky :clap: I've not read all the comments but suspect someone has mentioned it appears slightly on the squiff :oops: :$

I have rarely seen a more relaxed pooch. :)
Made me smile this morning.

Oh bless! I'm sure he's actually smiling there in his sleep - definitely says relax!

Bold edit - given a wee tweak to straighten it up a bit following feedback. Thanks all.

yep bold, fits the theme. I would maybe have tried a different orientation, landscape, or a wider crop with less rocks. It's leaning to the left a bit. I've recently been experimenting with the 'shear' part of PP to bring buildings back to the upright, but tis difficult

Wonderful building and a sky to die for. The building does seem to be leaning to the left slightly. Maybe a slight light of the shadows??

Cheers.

Russell

Bold ... very nice image. I like the rocks, the colour/texture of the building and the sky .

I think it needs to be rotated 2 deg clockwise.

Bold.....really liking that, very striking building, love the foreground rock textures which contrast against the seemingly smooth material of the building & a great sky :clap: I've not read all the comments but suspect someone has mentioned it appears slightly on the squiff :oops: :$

Bold - great image, I agree with what others have said about it.

MOC [Week 7 : Bold (edit)] by fadingisight, on Flickr

Responses to comments on Watery.

I have run out of swan comments to we'll assume it has been said :)

Watery: Love it, subtle, misty and ethereal.

Thanks Martin, glad you like it.

Like the high Key effect of Elegant, really makes it stand out against all the other swan pics (y)

Watery - I like a good abstract and that is a good abstract :)

Looking forward to seeing BOLD

Thanks Jill. I like a good abstract myself. Tricky to pull off though.

Watery - I really like this. The close crop and narrow DoF gives me an impression that the water source is hugely powerful. Just the right amount of colour in the water too.

Thanks Lee. You are right about the hugely powerful water source, its Niagara Falls.

Hi Russell ... I like watery very much ... beautiful, dreamy. Don't know how you captured that but I hope you and camera didn't get too wet.

Thanks David. I shot this from a tunnel that comes out right below the falls at Niagara. Fairly damp but I survived!

Hi Russell

Watery......liking that a lot, high key & abstract...would look great framed I think :clap:

Thanks Lynne. I think I might try this one in a frame. Need to sort out a batch of shots for printing up. Another thing on the To Do list!

Watery - love the abstract feel to the image great work.

Thanks Mandy. Glad to be getting good feedback on this one.

Relax. he certainly looks very relaxed. You've captured the colours well.

Hi Russell ....apologies, it seems ages since I hopped in here ....Elegant and Watery are wonderful, especially your abstract Watery I love it, it's such a simple composition but it's so effective, an enviable shot.

A super Vertical shot too...the deep blue sky sets it off perfectly, your thread is looking great :)

That works on a couple of levels (oops no pun intended )
As already mentioned a nice clean image, bang on the theme (y)

Hi Russel, sorry that I haven't got round to commenting on your thread earlier.

Vertical - that's a really good shot, bang on theme and so clean and crisp, great stuff :)

Spot on the blue sky makes the whole image really stand out

Back