Fancy a Fun Challenge? Join in and Sign Up

Hi Tezz, I want to thank you for setting up this challenge. I am one of these people who won't get off my backside and take photos unless I have something to aim for. I had hardly touched the camera in the last few weeks but with the glorious weather over the weekend and your challenge, I actually went out to photograph things I would never normally consider shooting (y)

However, I was processing some of them tonight and ran into a dilemma. The shots I have taken don't fit into any of your categories! They are not mono (yes, I know I can convert), they are not portraits, they are certainly not original and they are not abstract. Help :bang:

Where does a shot of the local church or canal fit in?

Jenny

Lol Jenny, I will ponder on this and give you a category ... stay strong :D:D:D:D

Lol Jenny, I will ponder on this and give you a category ... stay strong :D:D:D:D

Er Tezz..... a large part of my High Street is occupied by a ruined Jawa Sandcrawler... is there any chance i could have a category too ... like ...??? :thinking:

...."Best representation of blast points, too accurate for Sandpeople"

:shrug:

Kev, i am sure that any shot you could come up with could easily slide into Most Original :)

Hi,

Am I too late to try and take part in this challenge? I am new to TP but would like to try don't quite know what you will get as I live in a small Highland village but would like to give it a go.

Carol

Kev, i am sure that any shot you could come up with could easily slide into Most Original :)

good point,.... though it could be fairly abstract too.. :thinking:

....do we have to submit the entries stating which category we would like them to be considered for... or can it be like Runaround with Mike Reid... and we can change if need be? just wondering...??

...we post them here..in this thread...after the finish date..or before?? :naughty: i'm a bit fuzzy today..?

after Sept 10 choose 4 and post them in this thread ...
ok..just seen this... ignore this... :bonk:

Hi,

Am I too late to try and take part in this challenge? I am new to TP but would like to try don't quite know what you will get as I live in a small Highland village but would like to give it a go.

Carol

No not too late ... will add your name to the list. Welcome aboard :D

good point,.... though it could be fairly abstract too.. :thinking:

....do we have to submit the entries stating which category we would like them to be considered for... or can it be like Runaround with Mike Reid... and we can change if need be? just wondering...??

...we post them here..in this thread...after the finish date..or before?? :naughty: i'm a bit fuzzy today..?

ok..just seen this... ignore this... :bonk:

There are four thread links ... choose 1 image for each thread and post them there ... links are on the opening message :)

I am a complete newbie (but always up for a challenge)
I will do my best to not let you guys down :)
So if you would be so good to sign me up i will brew a coffee and get the brain cell ticking over :bonk:

I am a complete newbie (but always up for a challenge)
I will do my best to not let you guys down :)
So if you would be so good to sign me up i will brew a coffee and get the brain cell ticking over :bonk:

You are very welcome, name is added to the list

I seem to have something in the bag for this, which is a bit of a surprise to me, but I haven't covered all the categories yet and there's always room for improvement. Still, something is better than nothing. Hopefully I'll have it cracked by 10th September. :wave:

Hi Tezz, I want to thank you for setting up this challenge. I am one of these people who won't get off my backside and take photos unless I have something to aim for. I had hardly touched the camera in the last few weeks but with the glorious weather over the weekend and your challenge, I actually went out to photograph things I would never normally consider shooting (y)

However, I was processing some of them tonight and ran into a dilemma. The shots I have taken don't fit into any of your categories! They are not mono (yes, I know I can convert), they are not portraits, they are certainly not original and they are not abstract. Help :bang:

Where does a shot of the local church or canal fit in?

Jenny

Hi Jenny I have edited the first post ... hopefully this will help you :)

challenge sounds great. i'll try my best. please put my name down.

Luton won't know what hit them :D

You are very welcome :)

Ha ha you mean you will ventre in to Luton with your camera? ;) :LOL:

I live in Watford, so I am sure you have the same view of Watford as we do of Luton ;)

I seem to have something in the bag for this, which is a bit of a surprise to me, but I haven't covered all the categories yet and there's always room for improvement. Still, something is better than nothing. Hopefully I'll have it cracked by 10th September. :wave:

Somehow, i thought you might have :)

Interesting, extend it to the 16th and got bikes racing along my high street ;). Otherwise dull. Yet to get anything. Not sure I will but plenty of time.

I went into my local high street yesterday with four others, decided to take some images of the high street from the multi-storey car park, up to the top floor, totally empty ..wandering around trying to discover a new/interesting angle, PoV, when a security guard appears

Him: you are not alllowed to take pictures here ... the police have been called ... there are signs everywhere

Me: what signs ...?

Him: they are everywhere, (waves arms in the air)

Me: If we are trespassing then we will leave

Him: you are not allowed to be here, you are not allowed to take photos, so therefore you have to delete the images

Me: Erm you have no right to ask me to delete the images, you can ask me to leave, thats the extend (limits) of your powers....

Him: its the law

Me: No it isnt, which law says you can delete my images?

Him Erm i dunno, I made that up

(Voice on radio) the police want to know if the people are refusing to leave

Him: no they are not refusing to leave

(voice on radio) the police say they have been called to another incident and will only come if they are refusing to leave ....

Me: police are obviously really interested in the fact that we are up here on the roof taking images and are rushing to arrest us (not)

The five of us retire to the nearest pup and had a couple of beers and snapped happy Saturday shoppers as they strolled past ...

Jobs worth who didnt even know the rules ...silly sod :)

Last edited:
Class :D

Bit like the ones who kept trying to move us from an 'unofficial' position to watch the olympic road race (in the ticketed area so we were all paid up to be there). "can't stay here, have to move. It's health and safety". We were clearly well out of the way of the road however and hundreds of us very much set up camp so weren't moving. Another came up and said the same, and another. Finally police came along, just said "keep back a bit, you're fine" and went on.

I'm a bit concerned about either of my optional high streets for fear of having either a jobsworth pop up or more likely a local accuse me of something for having taken a picture of their house or business. That or one of the kids nick my camera! Especially if I shoot the kids hanging outside the local Sainsburys. Though they may just ask me to buy beer for them.

Guess you have to take what ever you feel comfortable doing ... just stay safe :)

Sorry, been meaning to have a go at this or at least I will try and fit it in. Unfortunatly I'm out for the next 8 weekends. Its a shame this didn't start when the Olympics was still on, as I'm a short walk from the Lea Valley canoeing and I got some quite good shots on the day I went. Although not technically high street, but it was just off the high street. ;)

Sorry, been meaning to have a go at this or at least I will try and fit it in. Unfortunatly I'm out for the next 8 weekends. Its a shame this didn't start when the Olympics was still on, as I'm a short walk from the Lea Valley canoeing and I got some quite good shots on the day I went. Although not technically high street, but it was just off the high street. ;)

Just do what you can Lester, if you are so inclined :)

Just been out. Chucking it down with rain and no one about

I have been racking my brains for something original for the last couple of weeks and then I had a brainwave :) I remembered that we have one very unique feature in our village. I have been out today and bagged a shot. It is not the world's best shot but it is certainly very original. I have to follow it up with another shot which can only be taken on Monday. The weather forecast is looking very bad, so fingers crossed.

Jenny

Hmm ...

Visited my local high street today. Going through the pics now. Got my original. Got my portrait. Stuck with the B&W cos the portrait is in B&W too. Not sure whether to use it twice or try another.

As to abstract, I'm stuck but taken a photo of some whacky object. Great object, shame about the photo of it.

No real reason to post except as a possible reminder for others.

Last edited:
Hi Tezz, great idea, will join in if I can find something interesting! ;) x

Just to clarify, no pics to be posted until after September 10th, or can they go up any time?

they can go up now if you want to .... :)

I suggested sept 10 just so people got enough time

they can go up now if you want to .... :)

I suggested sept 10 just so people got enough time

Thanks, just wanted to check as I saw one up ... I'll post another to keep it company (I'll need to 10th to get them all though!) :)

throw me into the mix please Tezza.. i'll see if i can get the themes covered in time :puke:

Today s the last day for taking your images ....

Please begin to post your images :) We will wait about a week in order to give everyone a chance to process and upload

Looking forward to seeing them all :)

Back