Fancy a Fun Challenge? Join in and Sign Up

Name
Tezz
Edit My Images
Yes
Please vote now

Having being inspired by a flickr group that is set up to support images taken in my local area .. I thought I dont spend enough time in my local area taking images that are under my very nose ....

I travel about quite a bit to other places (as I am sure most of us do) but am missing the local images so here's the challenge ...

Photograph Your Own High Street ....

Between Aug 10 and Sept 10 take images of your high street ... architecture, abstract, street, don't mind what ... after Sept 10 choose 4 and post them in them in the appropriate threads set up below ...

Prizes for the following categories :-

Best Mono
Best Portrait
Most Original
Best Abstract

A special prize for the image that has the most votes overall.

The judging will be done by those that enter the comp ... if you enter you will be entitled to vote for one image in each category, ... the entry with the most votes wins .... only those that enter the comp will be entitled to vote

Sign up below if you are interested, but please only use images that were taken between Aug 10 and Sept 10 this year :)

EDIT I have added another category, "The Other Pile" this is the place to post all your shots that you like or happy with or just different but don't fit into any of the other four categories ... you can post as many images into this thread as you like ... we will vote on these images too and the one with the most votes will also get a prize. Hope that's clear :) ... Please only post images here that do not fit into any of the other four competition threads.

Participants:

Tezz
Richee
Feek
Dave K
BTL
mipevo6
Gramps
Nev
Snipsnap
Sonriendo
Gremlin
Kerioak
Deadkenny
Di
Fazer
Reidy36
TDodd
St-ephen
higheh
uniquegardens
Spyker
Kieran
jennyb
TJJ
F1.2
Paulie
Samuel Slade
jokeruk
Debbie
Carol
Scotty
Wuyanxu
Mr G
greenoak
Leftcurl

Mono Images Here

People in the Street Images Here

Most Original Image Here

Abstract Images Here

The Other Pile Here

Last edited:
Welcome to the challenge Richee, I shall have to avoid duplicating your shots :LOL::LOL::LOL:

OK, She who must be obeyed, Will dust off that black box thingy and start to think *(Particularly hard with just the one brain cell!).

Ricky doesn't have a huge amount, but maybe I can do something with the church or the feathers....

Count me in....

Count me in please (y)

ok i will have a look but not sure if i have enough skill or imagination for this ....such a shame not nov as mono and sepiea have vintage car run stop here lol all those shots and cannot use them

OK, She who must be obeyed, Will dust off that black box thingy and start to think *(Particularly hard with just the one brain cell!).

One brain cell, ha ha be good to see you do something this summer instead of sitting on your bum :)

Yep sign me up Tezz. Thing is though, I'm away in Cornwall for two of these four weeks so can I count that as my local high street? :D

Nope, you'd better get your finger out ;)

I can do that...will have to employ a bodyguard, but yep...count me in. :)

Great to see you joining in Craig :)

Ricky doesn't have a huge amount, but maybe I can do something with the church or the feathers....

Count me in....

for the most original shot you could try merging the pub with the house of worship :)

Count me in please (y)

Great to have you on board

ok i will have a look but not sure if i have enough skill or imagination for this ....such a shame not nov as mono and sepiea have vintage car run stop here lol all those shots and cannot use them

I am sure you will rise to the challenge Nev :)

I got a mysterious invite to a fancy competition.... This must be the place...the smell of developer fluid still pungent in the air...lingering like the odour of an old sock left damp on the radiator.....

Add my name to the list.... I might be behind a bit on the old 365x2 but hey....what's another one to the pot...

Sounds fun, will see what I can come up with in my two donkey town :LOL:

Hmmm don't have much of a high street here but go on then I'll give it a go :LOL:
Portrait might be a sparrow or two, high street isn't exactly buzzing with people

Last edited:
Hmm, I'd probably have hoards of locals chasing after me if I was out taking photos of my high street. Or arrested as a terrorist. That or the pikey kids would just mug me for the camera.

I do live on my local high street though and it's not the friendliest of places. There's always the main high street in centre of town. Do you like photos of curry houses and taxi companies? :D

I got a mysterious invite to a fancy competition.... This must be the place...the smell of developer fluid still pungent in the air...lingering like the odour of an old sock left damp on the radiator.....

Add my name to the list.... I might be behind a bit on the old 365x2 but hey....what's another one to the pot...

Sounds fun, will see what I can come up with in my two donkey town :LOL:

Hmmm don't have much of a high street here but go on then I'll give it a go :LOL:
Portrait might be a sparrow or two, high street isn't exactly buzzing with people

Sounds like a nice idea, will try and join in

Hmm, I'd probably have hoards of locals chasing after me if I was out taking photos of my high street. Or arrested as a terrorist. That or the pikey kids would just mug me for the camera.

I do live on my local high street though and it's not the friendliest of places. There's always the main high street in centre of town. Do you like photos of curry houses and taxi companies? :D

You'd all be very welcome ... the more the merrier ... for all those that dont have an inspiring high street ... hopefully this challenge will help/force you to look at things differently :LOL::LOL:

Oh, just the excuse I need to get out with the camera having been restricted with the Mother staying with us since the beginning of July and not being able to do my own stuff at will.

Di

Sonriendo said:
You couldn't exactly call mine a high street either :LOL:

Ours is like...either a centre where the yoof hang on... Or thoroughfares... Consisting of pubs and churches.. Great combo?? :)

Hi Tezz
Put me down for shooting a couple of pound shops and the chippie

I don't hold out much hope for my results, but I'll see what I can do. :)

Great idea, i`m in :)

Back