FAO : Anyone with an iPhone

It's a shame that you can't create groups in Instagram. This'd be so much easier then! :)

Steady, you don't want to step outside of your comfort zone. :p

:LOL:

Ironic though isn't it - mostly have a fair few hundred if not thousand pounds worth of camera gear........ and yet it's iphones are us.....

Off to check the for sale threads!

:LOL:

Ironic though isn't it - mostly have a fair few hundred if not thousand pounds worth of camera gear........ and yet it's iphones are us.....

Off to check the for sale threads!

hehe

I'm waiting for the 1st iphone v HTC thread in here. It will be a short one! :bat: :D

I've just added everyone.

IgorFB

Just installed it - Can see this getting a bit addictive......
Someone already has my forum username though so I blagged the ever so imaginative davefrost instead (at least it matches my flickr & twitter accounts though.....

Started adding you lot to my follow lists will pick up more tomorrow...

Downloaded this app a few weeks ago but never knew who to follow etc. Have now added the list and look forward to seeing and uploading some iphone pics :)

Username is : dls_rm6

There are quite a few peeps uploading pics obviously not taken on a phone.
Is this not departing from the spirit of it somewhat?

Of my 80 odd shots right now, I think 4-5 were not originally shot in the iPhone, but they were processed on the iPhone, so I let myself off. I admit it niggles when someone's entire feed is clearly made up of shots from a DSLR processed in Photoshop and just uploaded to Instagram with no changes made.

But on the other hand, it doesn't say anywhere it's a tool just for sharing iPhone images. You make your own standards.

There are quite a few peeps uploading pics obviously not taken on a phone.
Is this not departing from the spirit of it somewhat?

Until I read this, I didn't even realise there was an option to import photos into the app. :shrug:

Does seem outside of the spirit of the thing, especially as it appears to be almost totally phone driven (very little web functionality) but there are no hard and fast rules.

On another note, there is one guy who appears to have started using it and posted 20 odd photos in the first week, each getting a string of comments and hundreds of "Likes" within about an hour of posting. :thinking:

But on the other hand, it doesn't say anywhere it's a tool just for sharing iPhone images. You make your own standards.
Yeah, you're right.
Won't like or comment on the 'cheaty' ones though! ;)

On another note, there is one guy who appears to have started using it and posted 20 odd photos in the first week, each getting a string of comments and hundreds of "Likes" within about an hour of posting. :thinking:
Who dat den?

all the shots i'll upload with it will be taken on my phone..cant be arsed to get the 7d out!

all the shots i'll upload with it will be taken on my phone..cant be arsed to get the 7d out!

I was juggling my 7D, iPhone (purely for Instagram) and a compact this afternoon! I need another set of hands!

hey guys..is there any way of recovering your user name,as i've forgotten mine :bonk:

There isn't I'm afraid. You have to purchase a new iphone and, as a forfeit, you must buy a new iphone 4 for everyone in this thread with an iphone 3G or 3GS. :p

I think you can do it via the instagr.am main website.

Just downloaded it and very nice it is indeed!

No surprises what my user name is: Jonmurgie

Adding you now!

My friends got it & is on here too. His user name is niemb think he may have already added most of you!

Had a proper play with this today. I took one of my shots using the Gorillacam app (one of the best actual camera apps I've found) and then used Instagram to import it. I also used the PhotoShop app for the first time today too...

Steve

Just dusted off the old 3G iPhone to have a go at this, have uploaded a few photos

username is promark

Back