Fastrawviewer !

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
I've stopped using FRV. Images don't look the same as in lightroom - they would often appear unacceptably soft but were fine with LRs baseline sharpening.
Are you aware that FRV has three levels of sharpness (including no sharpening) to choose between, and you can customise how sharp the two sharp settings are by setting them in the preferences.

Hitting "S" toggles round the three settings or you can click on the "USM" button in the lower tool bar. There are also visual assessments of sharpness by clicking on the E or D, which work a bit like focus peaking in cameras.

Having said that, I don't cull in FRV, but use Photo Mechanic for culling with FRV on a hot key in PM to open files in FRV for a more detailed technical assessment of "difficult" images.

Name
Toni
Edit My Images
No
Are you aware that FRV has three levels of sharpness (including no sharpening) to choose between, and you can customise how sharp the two sharp settings are by setting them in the preferences.

Hitting "S" toggles round the three settings or you can click on the "USM" button in the lower tool bar. There are also visual assessments of sharpness by clicking on the E or D, which work a bit like focus peaking in cameras.

Having said that, I don't cull in FRV, but use Photo Mechanic for culling with FRV on a hot key in PM to open files in FRV for a more detailed technical assessment of "difficult" images.
I wasn't (or hadn't remembered) although I've a feeling I did try 'sharpening' at one point. Thanks Graham. For me, it's a tool looking for a need.

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
I wasn't (or hadn't remembered) although I've a feeling I did try 'sharpening' at one point. Thanks Graham. For me, it's a tool looking for a need.
I bought it mainly to get the raw histogram, as that wasn't available in anything else I had, and the only way to properly assess (and learn) about how well you are exposing things.

I'm still using it for this as it launches quickly from inside PM, but I'm also using RawTherapee more, and it uses a raw histogram by default because it doesn't add a tone curve to the raw when rendering.