Film and Conventional, 2022 FFFSFA, Reject/Also ran shots

dmb

Edit My Images
No
This is the reject/also ran thread for those photos you wish to share but not enter into the challenge. See main thread for details of the challenge.
The entries thread will be the voting thread when the challenge closes on 27 November 2022. If you wish to comment on any entries or rejects then do so in the main thread.

Last edited:
My pictures were taken with an Agfa Clack, shame on me but it does have a few settings. The pictures posted to the challenge are taken with the camera (bakelite, primitive thing with a curved film path (like a Kodak 127)) to compensate for the meniscus lens. Film is Fomapan because it has pronounced frame counters for the red window.

Here is one frame I could not submit because I changed the focussing to 'close'.

WaitingForLunch_PortPatrick.jpg

Attachments

• WaitingForLunch_PortPatrick.jpg
    WaitingForLunch_PortPatrick.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
A scene from a similar point to one of my entries last year, but with my modified camera.
This is a camera that I have loaded with 35mm in place of the 120 roll film it was designed for.
All works well enough, but the viewfinder shows a bigger frame than I get with the narrower film, so it's a guess to get any subject where i want it.
Now, the VF is blanked off by tiny strips of black tape as I have a few guesses at the actual field of view.

Coronet Commander 2, Fomapan 200

img637sm.jpg

Halina 110 camera everything fixed by design F9.5, 1/90th , 30mm focal length ( 60mm 135 equiv) and Lomography Tiger110 film.
Two stops added in development by photo Hippo as most of the Film was shot in unsuitable conditions on all three films shot. The next five were all from the first film I tried. One of my entries came from this 24 exposure film.

Memorial to Highley and Averleys Miners
A.JPG

Highley Railway Station and the Shunter which seems to live there.

B.JPG

Highley's original School, now the Parish Hall

C.JPG

Last edited:
Bedruthun Steps Cornwall ( There are no Steps this year as a Rock fall sent them onto the beach ) 110 Halina and Lomography Tiger.

d.JPG

Entrance to Smoke Alley, Highley. The next image on this film of the Cottages in Smoke Alley was an Entry

f.JPG

Last edited:
Next 110 film

Goathland in North Yorkshire , known as Aidensfield in the Hearbeat Tv series.

b.JPG

Grosmont on the route of the North Yorkshire Steam railway. This is one of the oldest Co-ops in Britain

c.JPG

One of my favorite Brewery's The Bay Hotel at the bottom of Yorkshires Robin Hoods Bay

d.JPG

I'm also rather partial to a cup of Tea

brooke.JPG

Another sign and an amazing story, This was shot to see if I could actually read it back from a photo shot on such a small format and low-fi camera. It impressed me !

E.JPG

The food takes a long time to come at this restaurant

f.JPG

A lovely cottage at the botom of Robin Hoods Bay, It must be a bit rough in the winter !
g.JPG

Last edited:
And last of the three films ( Lomography Tiger 110) Two of my entries came from this film.

One of Whitby's Light Houses You can go up the middle of this and stand on the Balcony, The last time I did there were two young lads with Film SLRs who seem very passionate about Film. A bit embarrassing as I was using one of those modern Filmless cameras. Yuk spit yuk !

B.JPG

I was going for the Bronx look ( A little hard to find in Whitby !)
C.JPG

Whitby's Church Street in the old quarter

D.JPG

Last edited:
I've had many a good conversation In the Board in with people I had never me, Add to that the beer is always great ! Take from the bottom of Whitby's 99 steps ( From Dracula fame)

E.JPG

One of Whitby's Coloured light houses one RED one Green

F.JPG

G.JPG

Taken again to test best focus distance but also what Lomography Tiger 110 did with the colours H.JPG

This part of the pier was put up recently to allow you to walk on the right hand Pier ( I'm always confused as to which one is East and West, as it appears they are North and South !) One of the few places were to sun Rises and sets over the sea !

I.JPG

Not really the weather for Ice creams but it is a good excuse for going for a Pint in a nice warm pub ( Heat and Friendly warm)

J.JPG

I'll have to take the Lomography La Sardina to Specsavers and get it a pair of glasses, nothing in any shot in focus and think it has a cataract as well hence lens flare everywhere.

Autumnal
by D M Bloor, on Flickr

Last edited:
Many simple cameras are set up to be at their sharpest at a particular distance, or maybe none at all.

Blue "reusable" camera.
img586sm.jpg

A few more just to keep the thread going. Kodak Daylight disposable via Filmdev

Portsoy raft race contenders

000092800018-copy-tp.jpg

Portsoy fire engine display

000092800022-copy-tp.jpg

Photos or you weren't there!

000092800038-copy-tp.jpg

A good scratch does satisfy, but shame about the sign

000092800029-copy-tp.jpg

Well a shoehorn to the thread cos I'm sulking as I didn't enter the comp and have nothing else to do o_O

A shot that I've liked/remembered cos I had to rush home (on my bike) before the rain started.

9YwukRM.jpg

Back