• Carl Hall

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Always a popular subject, this months theme is Trees.

Entries need to be posted in this thread by 23:59 on Thursday 31st August 2017. A poll will go up for seven days afterwards to find the winners :)

This thread is for entries only, please keep everything else in the discussion thread here.

Last edited:
Well I have two beautiful Wisteria trees, one in the back garden and one in the front, and after years of trying different lenses and apertures finally realised with the background and things getting in the way problems, thought I'm only going to get a decent pic by cheating in Photoshop:-
Y8gZYVF.jpg

I can't see me having time to try and get anything better this month :rolleyes:

Taken during the few days of Summer that we had in June(!) on a late afternoon stroll alongside Ullswater in the Lake District. I really liked the way the sunlight was shining through the canopy onto the exposed roots.

Nikon FG. Can't remember what film.

Tree-Light1 by Janet, on Flickr

Well, after hanging on in case I got chance to take more tree shots this month, I didin't find the time (and won't have chance to shoot and develop anything between now and the deadline now) so have gone with my original choice.

Yashica Mat 124 G & Fomapan 200.

FILM - Down the track, past the twins
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

I've decided to go with the newly planted trees at the student accommodation at Inverness College. Oly OM2N, 50mm, Poundland Agfa via Filmdev in February this year.
R4-04516-0020-(1024x692)-TP.jpg

Post removed due to misunderstanding.

Last edited:
Entry removed, breach of rules (once submitted, images cannot be changed).

Re-upload of original entry. Nikon F100 with 50mm f/1.8D lens, Rollei Retro 100 (exp. 2013) developed in HC110(B).

Last edited:
I'm going to go for something a little abstract. During the Cornwall meet we visited the Eden Project, and there was a bit of a queue for the canopy walkway platform. I took this close up photo whilst stood in the queue. No idea what type of tree it was, but probably something I don't know how to pronounce :D

Canon A1 with 50mm f/1.4. Not sure on the film!

Tree
by Carl Hall, on Flickr

Well done all, another excellent set of photos. (y)

Well done Charlotte, fab photo and well done to all the others in the points this month.

Yay! Thanks all - really pleased you all liked my shot, it's one of my favourites from this year :) Congrats to everyone else - I thought Carl's big leaf was going to win it, to be honest :)

Back