Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
The theme for December is WET.

Entries to be posted in this thread by 23:59 on Monday 31st December 2018. A poll will go up for seven days afterwards.

Entries must be SHOT ON FILM, and must be TAKEN ON OR AFTER THE 1ST DECEMBER 2017.

This thread is for entries only. The rules and themes can be found here, and the discussion thread for 2018 is here.

Spent too long havering between two very different choices...

After the heavy rain in March, this flood in the meadow behind Kenilworth Castle partly replicates the "Great Mere" that protected the Castle for centuries before it was drained after the Civil War.

000019600007 by Chris R, on Flickr

Pentax LX, Vivitar 35-70, Superia 400

Damn! Ran out of year so a hurried attempt. Hey, at least I tried to get something in focus for once! Yashica FR, Tamron 90mm Macro with 1:1 matched extender, hand-held. Shot on HP5 of unknown vintage, it came in a bulk loader I bought years ago, was probably out of date then. I only use it to test cameras really, which is what I was doing here. Monster grain might be the film or my slapdash processing. (Who needs a thermometer anyway?)

December_2018_24_sml.jpg

Congratulations to @FishyFish who takes a well-deserved first place for December with 12 votes. Well done to @Mrs Snap and @Fraser Euan White for coming a very close second (y) with 11 votes.

The points for this month are:

12 - FishyFish
11 - Mrs Snap
11 - Fraser Euan White
9 - RaglanSurf
8 - dmb
7 - sirch
7 - Mr Badger
5 - Peter B
4 - Carl Hall
4 - compulsivehordr
2 - Andysnap
2 - ChrisR
2 - Harlequin565

Thanks everyone. :)

Nige - your image, along with @Mr Badger street shot were the two OUTSTANDING images of this years competition IMO. That isn't a put down on anyone elses images but they really are fantastic!

The content, exposure, composition, processing etc of you image really was brilliant!

(Hope nobody is offended by the 'critique'.)

Last edited:
Nige - your image, along with @Mr Badger street shot were the two OUTSTANDING images of this years competition IMO. That isn't a put down on anyone elses images but they really are fantastic!

The content, exposure, composition, processing etc of you image really were brilliant!

(Hope nobody is offended by the 'critique'.)

Thanks Fraser. It was very much a decisive moment type shot - I’d just attended an interview and was heading off when I saw these two guys reflected in the wet pavement and managed to quickly grab the shot (wearing my suit and with a heavy laptop bag on my shoulder to boot!). Right place, right time. :)

@FishyFish Cracking shot and well deserved winner, for me it was top of the pile from the moment you posted it. Congrats to other entries too, another really good month.

Back