Steven
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    No photo mate.

2. Mr Badger

Mr Badger

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    OK, I've been shamed into submitting a photo, so your post was not in vain. (y)

3. Mr Badger

Mr Badger

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    It's the cold weather you know! Well, everyone else seems to be blaming it! ;)

steveo_mcg likes this.
  4. Carl Hall

Carl Hall

Name:
    Carl
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Poll is up for 5 days, closing Tuesday morning :)

@TheBigYin could you do your thing and sticky March's thread, and unsticky January's please? :) Ta muchly

raathistle likes this.
  5. TheBigYin

TheBigYin Staff Member

Name:
    Mark
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    sure can, only wish I'd managed to actually get an entry in on my favourite subject... sadly the one weekend I had spare to do something with the camera came right after the Hospital doing a "stress test" on the heart repairs they did, and I was under very strict orders not to do anything strenuous - and as building a set with sheets of plasterboard walls, and climbing up into the loft to retrieve the lighting kit were deemed "no-no's" by my friend who was enforcing my lazyness, i'm afraid I missed out on shooting :(

6. ChrisR

ChrisR

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I was going to click "Like" but realised it could be mis-interpreted. Hope the recovery is going well, Mark.

sirch and Andysnap like this.
  7. Slyelessar

Slyelessar

Name:
    Slyelessar
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Time to start keeping an eye out for chains, I think I know where I want to visit.

8. dmb

dmb

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I thought Miss Whiplash had closed up shop when Luncheon Vouchers ended.

srichards and Slyelessar like this.
  9. ChrisR

ChrisR

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I was thinking about the Still Life challenge, and it's really good that FPOTY has got people shooting something different, with some excellent results, too!

RaglanSurf likes this.
  10. ChrisR

ChrisR

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I was thinking about this list of things we have to shoot...

Grump... How did this happen? Surely we can't have voted for fake, or airborne, or speed? Or waste, for goodness' sake! And given what a lot of shy, retiring, monosyllabic loners we are (or maybe it's just me), not sure how many entries there's be for portraits, natural light or not! I think that there @Carl Hall threw out our votes and dreamed up a new, specially hard list!:dummy:

End grump

Well, looked at another way, it's certainly going to be challenging! But I've realised I'm going to have to put quite a lot of thought and time into some of these later shots, so I thought I'd remind folk of what's coming.:eek::D

EDIT: PS, not a serious grump, don't want to be misinterpreted, sorry for casting nasturtiums, Carl!:D

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  11. sirch

sirch Official Forum Numpty 2015

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    That's democracy for you :D. I was a bit horrified by the list myself but as a newbie I thought I'd just better man person up a bit and get on with it. Haven't even got anything for chains yet let alone those others.

Isn't Carl on holiday? could we get get @TheBigYin or @Cobra to edit the list before he gets back :whistle:

Mr Badger, steveo_mcg and RaglanSurf like this.
  12. excalibur2

excalibur2 Loretta

Name:
    Brian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Well I think making the list the easiest one should be jan and feb, when we are less likely to go out and shoot,but feb was ok this time as you could shoot indoors.
    erm my grump is waiting to send all my entries off (4 rolls but gotta finish the 4th) but haven't been out much as I hurt my foot 3 weeks ago and difficult to walk so could miss the boat for March also.....:crying: :banghead:

13. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg

Name:
    Steven
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I've got some ideas for the next couple of months this month it needs to stop bloody snowing! And I've got September scanned :D . It all kind of falls apart after that...

14. Mr Badger

Mr Badger

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Well, I thought I'd better make an effort and at least try, so I got some shots for 'Chains' last weekend and I've just had a flash of inspiration when I spotted something whilst driving home so, despite the Siberian conditions (yes, I'm going for the sympathy vote here), I dashed back out again and grabbed a couple of shots for 'Fake' too, so I'm cooking with charcoal now! ;) Knowing my luck, either they won't turn out or it'll be a case of "and here's another one you won't bloody like"! :D

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    sirch and Andysnap like this.
  15. Andysnap

Andysnap POTY (Film) 2015

Name:
    Andy Grant
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I managed to get an enormously shoehornable shot for chains....still on the lookout for something better though.

Mr Badger likes this.
  16. sirch

sirch Official Forum Numpty 2015

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    :D:D:D

Well I was out in the snow flurries this morning getting at least something for chains on a new (to me at least) toy, and whilst doing that I had a better idea for chains that doesn't involve standing next to a river in the snow :facepalm: so that's tomorrow's job. just scanning the negs from this morning...

Mr Badger and Andysnap like this.
  17. ChrisR

ChrisR

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I know exactly the shot I want for chains, sadly it's 350 miles away and I won't get near it in time. If I get it later I might stick it in the "miss the cut" thread!

Meanwhile, every shot I've taken for this month is boring as hell... :(

RaglanSurf likes this.
  18. Mrs Snap

Mrs Snap

Name:
    Janet
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I had an idea for chains and it's worked reasonably well. I could also use it for fake but then I'd have to think of something else for chains and we're running out of time! :runaway:

ChrisR likes this.
  19. excalibur2

excalibur2 Loretta

Name:
    Brian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Get Andy to form a human chain in the pub and take a shot :eek: :D

20. FishyFish

FishyFish

Name:
    Nige
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I've got a couple of shots I like for chains (plus several others that might be contenders on a roll I've still to finish), and also have shots I can use for Wheels, Street Shot and Natural Light Portrait (although I aim to take other shots to choose from too).

Fake is probably the one I'm struggling with most (although I did have an idea for a shot this morning), and the one with the least amount of time to get sorted. :eek:

ChrisR likes this.
  21. Mr Badger

Mr Badger

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Please tell me it's not one of Andysnap dressed up like Mr T? :D

Andysnap and Mrs Snap like this.
  22. Mrs Snap

Mrs Snap

Name:
    Janet
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Dammit! I can't believe you guessed it correctly.....:LOL:;)

ChrisR and Mr Badger like this.
  23. RaglanSurf

RaglanSurf Official Forum Idiot 2013 & 2014

Name:
    Nick
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Just a normal Monday in the Snap household.

24. FishyFish

FishyFish

Name:
    Nige
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Did he then say "I ain't gettin' on no damn plane Hannibal!" when the suggestion of a simultaneous airborne shot was suggested? :D

Andysnap, RaglanSurf and Mrs Snap like this.
  25. TheBigYin

TheBigYin Staff Member

Name:
    Mark
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I pity the fool who doesn't check the Tide Times...

Woodsy, raathistle, Mr Badger and 6 others like this.
  26. ChrisR

ChrisR

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Oh no no no no no no no! I'll never get that image out of my mind!!!! :D

Mr Badger likes this.
  27. ChrisR

ChrisR

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Driving out (and back again) yesterday I saw what looked like a candidate shot for "waste". Three emptied bins leaning at odd angles against each other. Grabbed a camera and walked out after I'd got back... someone had taken their bin in and set the other two straight! :(

Peter B, FishyFish and Andysnap like this.
  28. FishyFish

FishyFish

Name:
    Nige
    Edit My Images:
    No

The Indecisive Moment.

29. Mr Badger

Mr Badger

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Or perhaps the OCD moment?! A place for everything and everything in its place. :facepalm:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  30. Carl Hall

Carl Hall

Name:
    Carl
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I don't even have a photo that I can shoehorn in this month, think I'm going to have to get a bit creative this weekend!

31. ChrisR

ChrisR

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Hoist with his own petard... now that's an idea... ;)

32. Mr Badger

Mr Badger

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Just realised this morning, it's Easter next weekend as well as the end of the month, and there's no post on Good Friday! Off like a shot to the post box with my film! Hopefully it should get there tomorrow ready for a Monday or Tuesday development and return by Thursday's post! Where does time go?

33. ChrisR

ChrisR

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    That's one advantage of Filmdev, you get your scans back by download, so the return post isn't an issue. But yes, I'd better finish that second roll!

34. Mr Badger

Mr Badger

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    The last few times I've sent films to AG for 'develop only' on a Tuesday and got the negs back on Thursday, so a 1 day turn-around, plus a big saving scanning them myself. I hope they're as quick this time as I've sent a black and white film in the batch, last time I sent a black and white film to Filmdev it took an extra day to get the download; I don't know if this was due to the post getting the films there, or a one-off delay, or if it takes/took them longer to do black and white. I can only go by past experience, so chose AG and the saving home scanning will bring. Fingers crossed it works out OK.

And yes, get that second roll finished as you'll need to post it on Monday if you want a good chance of getting it back on time! That's why I thought I'd better mention the Easter 'day missing' thing on here, mind you, other people are probably more organised than we are... but judging by some of the previous paniced posts I've seen on here perhaps not! :runaway: :D

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  35. ChrisR

ChrisR

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks Badger. I've not noticed any additional delay sending black and white film to Filmdev except when I sent them an early roll of P30 and they rang up in a panic about how to process it! In the end they did it by hand in a tank with XTOL, but said they didn't want to encourage that particular film until better instructions were available.

Not really a great day but I might take the black and white camera out today and the colour one tomorrow morning... If only I could find some more chains round about here!

36. Shaun Palmer

Shaun Palmer

Name:
    Shaun
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    So I’m down the marina, where you’d expect there to be a lot of chains, NO. How can there be such a lack of chains where you’d most expect them!?

ChrisR likes this.
  37. FishyFish

FishyFish

Name:
    Nige
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I think that, unless there are larger vessels with anchors, then you tend to find more ropes than chains at marinas. I was going to visit the local canal basin, but on looking at older shots, there weren't really any chains in sight, so I went elsewhere.

ChrisR likes this.
  38. Shaun Palmer

Shaun Palmer

Name:
    Shaun
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I’ve left it a bit late really. Working all next week too. I may have one shot :/

39. excalibur2

excalibur2 Loretta

Name:
    Brian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Well I could enter the biggest shoehorn ever with a picture of my wife and I together, as I have been "chained" for 52 years o_O OH wait I have got a shot taken since last December erm come to thinks of it, it might be years of us together standing in front of my tripod with a shutter release cable in my hand :eek:

Shaun Palmer likes this.
  40. Shaun Palmer

Shaun Palmer

Name:
    Shaun
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I think everyone will be shoehorning by the sounds of it. No entries posted yet lol