FILM Photographer of the Year 2020 Discussion Thread ***Final Scores Added***

It's 24 big sleeps until Christmas but only one sleep before you can start shooting for FPOTY 2021, I've put up the rules & themes and a discussion thread

I know there is a bit of change this year and as analogue people change might not be our favourite thing but please give it chance, it'll be fun and you'll get points :). Happy shooting.

I'm really struggling with rule of thirds, the few ideas I've had just seem too obvious. Anyone else struggling?

Struggling for a different reason...with the weather as it is probably won't take any shots and get the JPGs back in time and just looked through my shots from last dec and have nothing decent. :(

I'm really struggling with rule of thirds, the few ideas I've had just seem too obvious. Anyone else struggling?

Just give us a Sirch photo. That'll do.

I did what Brian said about looking through the year's shots to see if anything qualified/worked well. Not really, but did get the idea for a reshoot of an idea and have done that. Worth a try?

Just a reminder that amongst all the celebrations FPOTY 2020 is coming to its conclusion, don't forget to get your entries in for the final round.

Last day for entries for FPOTY 2020, even if you haven’t entered before this year get your shoehorns out.

Counting on my fingers and ran out. Did I make it to 10th equal place and with a vote get a point?

Wow, I got a few points and crept of the bottom of the league (I think the lack of entries in December helped a tad!). Now to improve from that baseline in 21.
Thanks for running it in 2020 Nick @RaglanSurf

incidentally, if we've missed adding the FPOTY (year) tag to their name, give me a shout and I'll see if I can update...

incidentally, if we've missed adding the FPOTY (year) tag to their name, give me a shout and I'll see if I can update...

Mine is apparently in Mongolian...:)

Congratulations to Chris and many thanks to Nick.

not any more...
it was the "Bold Blue" formatting that we used to be able to do in the earlier version of the forum software that was munging it...
And I've suddenly got FPOTY 2019 under my name! Thanks Mark. :)

Thank you all, thanks to Nick for running it and more thanks to everyone for entering and making it an interesting competition.

you are now a Numpty from 2015 and PFOTY 2020 :)

I like to think of it as personal development :)

BTW - whilst you are handing out the accolades I think @Peter B is due a numpty or two from the last two disposable camera challenges ;)

Last edited:
Back