FILM Photographer of the Year 2020 Discussion Thread ***Final Scores Added***

I went out yesterday and took some images of a place I've been meaning to shoot for a long while, if I get anything decent they should fit the bill perfectly.

I've had words with guys in the village working on some weir repairs about borrowing their JCB to help me shoehorn/ crowbar/ lever something in :help:.......Going on the above comments and the two entries already, last place or even off the score board is already looking likely :(

Well, Nige @FishyFish has set a high bar early on, I still have no clue for this theme.
I've had words with guys in the village working on some weir repairs about borrowing their JCB to help me shoehorn/ crowbar/ lever something in :help:.......Going on the above comments and the two entries already, last place or even off the score board is already looking likely :(
Just send all but 1 of your cameras and lenses to me, then take a photo of the negative space where they all used to sit. :whistle:

Just send all but 1 of your cameras and lenses to me, then take a photo of the negative space where they all used to sit. :whistle:

Well in that case i may as well simply set camera up with lens flush against my ear to photograph the negative space within! :wideyed: :LOL:

FTFY Asha. ;)

Goes off to search Amazon for bottles of inspiration :ROFLMAO:

I actually have an idea BUT there are two drawbacks........

1. The chances are that none of the voters will have a clue how the result resembles negative space seeing as my mindset is clearly not on the same level as theirs! :geek:

2. I will probably never be seen again having being eaten alive by wild animals :runaway:

No doubt #2 will ensure that I receive plenty of encouragement to attempt the idea :wideyed:

Its very quiet in here these days :( Covid got everyone's tongue? :)

Anyway just been going through potential entries for this month and just can't decide. I had a couple of what I thought were good ideas in mind but time, light and subjects never came together to really get the shot I wanted however I have some potentials, perhaps leave it until closer to the deadline and then see what looks good through the bottom of a whiskey glass :D

perhaps leave it until closer to the deadline and then see what looks good through the bottom of a whiskey glass :D
If the glass is half empty it'll have a negative space above what's left of the dram. :cool:

Anyway just been going through potential entries for this month and just can't decide. I had a couple of what I thought were good ideas in mind but time, light and subjects never came together to really get the shot I wanted however I have some potentials, perhaps leave it until closer to the deadline and then see what looks good through the bottom of a whiskey glass :D

Do you wanna share and put an entry in for me as atm I have nowt :( and I'm rapidly running out of time! :runaway:

If the glass is half empty it'll have a negative space above what's left of the dram. :cool:
My whiskey tumbler always seems to be mainly empty, as do the bottles :whistle:

Do you wanna share and put an entry in for me as atm I have nowt :( and I'm rapidly running out of time! :runaway:
As long as we can go halves on the points ;)

Some may look at the glass and say it's half full, others may look at the glass and say it's half empty; but for me it's a lot less philosophical than all that... I say the glass isn't big enough! :beer:

Last edited:
Not shot much film this year, was planning to be away a lot but those plans fell to pieces and then the pandemic hit. Did manage to shoot some for the 2020 disposable camera challenge (Still time to vote at https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...-challenge-entries-thread.715760/post-8781544 ). Have a few shots that might well fit this months theme that were not suitable for that challenge. Will look through the rejects again.
It’s been really tough to enter the FPOTY this year, I’m just impressed that people have managed to shoot and enter as much as they have.

I've got the stuff for my shot and I can see it in my head, I just don't have time to shoot and develop it.

France and Scotland, the Auld Alliance..... :)

I've got the stuff for my shot and I can see it in my head, I just don't have time to shoot and develop it.
I once met a guy who had got some out of date Polaroid film and had drawn on it through the backing with a ballpoint and then exposed it, we had a debate about whether it was photography - you could try that :LOL:

Well here we are on the 3rd of the month and I've only just heard the sound of the deadline flying by. Gutted too as I wanted to get one in every month - even if they were crap.

Still, I get some comfort from knowing nothing I could have taken would have been as good as the stuff that's in there this month, so that's not so bad.

Well here we are on the 3rd of the month and I've only just heard the sound of the deadline flying by. Gutted too as I wanted to get one in every month - even if they were crap.

Still, I get some comfort from knowing nothing I could have taken would have been as good as the stuff that's in there this month, so that's not so bad.
Sorry you missed it Ian and I'm sure you would have given us a run for our money (y) take care.

@RaglanSurf winding up the rubber band on my timemachine to get an October entry in by the imaginary 31st of September. :naughty:

Sorry folks, will get the results and standings up soon, have been a little busy :D

Back