• Poll closed .

sirch

Lu-Tze
Admin
Name
The other Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Post your entries on the theme of Structure, old, new temporary or permanent in this thread by 23:59 on 31st of August 2023. A poll will go up for seven days afterwards.

Entries must be SHOT ON FILM, and must be TAKEN ON OR AFTER THE 1st DECEMBER 2022. The rules and themes can be found >>>here<<<

This thread is for entries only, no discussion in this thread please but you can >>>click here for the discussion thread<<<

Whitehaven Outer Harbour Wall - Olympus OM-2n, Film Washi X 100

The first quay was built in 1634, and originally used for the export of salt and coal, 80% of all Ireland’s coal was imported from Whitehaven by the 1700s.

By the beginning of the 18th century Whitehaven was also importing large quantities of tobacco from Virginia and Maryland in exchange for manufactured goods. Other imports at this time from the West Indies included sugar, spirits and very occasionally slaves, something the town council apologised for in 2006. The lighthouse on the end of the quay was built in the 1860's.

Congratulations to REOS, I'll try to get the points done later

Apologies to FishyFish, there is a typo in the table above. I'll publish a revised version later

The September entries thread is open

Last edited:
Back