[Filter Fantastic] - Interesting interpretation of "the lenses are clean"

Name
Andy Drake
Edit My Images
Yes
I'll let the picture speak for itself.

DSC_3848-web.jpg

Filter Fantastic: The lens is in excellent& Boxed condition and shows no sign of abuse or wear. It is in full working order. The lens itself are clean. There are no faults or scratches with this Nikon lens

I've gone straight to Paypal on this one. Disgusting.

Id hate see one they describe as well worn!!

Hmmm,
I've been on the phone to them and was not impressed.
The person who answered had no idea about anything at all, then she had the bright idea of getting somebody to call me back. I spent the next 10 minutes listening to her trying to find a pen and saying "where's my book?" I hung up.

Filter Fraudtastic Fantastic are a bunch of cowboys, It's oustanding how this company is still allowed to trade. :thumbsdown:

I'm really ****ed off -
I don't mind a bit of dust (if described!) but this is just mental!

I'm really ****ed off -
I don't mind a bit of dust (if described!) but this is just mental!

They're criminals mate, Photography 247, Harbour48 and Filter Fantastic are the self same company, fraudsters and cheats.
Tracey Fredericks is the one you'll most likely be speaking to when you call to give them a rollocking.
Put em on the poo list and never cross their palms with silver again.

Filter Fraudtastic Fantastic are a bunch of cowboys, It's oustanding how this company is still allowed to trade. :thumbsdown:
Have to agree.

After my initial conversation with them, I assumed it was a couple of amateurs running a (very) part time hobby business.

Two words spring to mind: peanuts + monkeys!

Last edited:
Have to agree.

After my initial conversation with them, I assumed it was a couple of amateurs running a (very) part time hobby business.

Two words spring to mind: peanuts + monkeys!

It goes deeper than that mate

More reading here

and here

There's a few more too, just run a forum search on any of the aliases
Photography 247
Harbour48
Filter Fantastic

All the same bunch of Scammers :thumbsdown:

They're criminals mate, Photography 247, Harbour48 and Filter Fantastic are the self same company, fraudsters and cheats.
Tracey Fredericks is the one you'll most likely be speaking to when you call to give them a rollocking.
Put em on the poo list and never cross their palms with silver again.

Yeah, I know them from the H48 days (sold me a refurb D40x with actuations as brand new), didn't really bother me as such 'cos it was minty anyhow and I don't really care about actuations.. this time around I'm not a happy bunny!

Yeah, I know them from the H48 days (sold me a refurb D40x with actuations as brand new), didn't really bother me as such 'cos it was minty anyhow and I don't really care about actuations.. this time around I'm not a happy bunny!

Indeed mate, my first few experiences were good in terms of service, delivery and the described condition (x 4 Pocket Wizards) but I later found after the 24-70 fiasco that their entire stock were either S/H or grey imports only and sold to me as UK stock with warranty. BS!
They will never look after their customers as deception is the primary tactic.

Last edited:
Andy, I'm surprised at you :shake:
I thought you knew better

My one and only experience with H48 was when I bought an 18-70 Nikkor from them on ebay.

Lens was OK but something was missing (hood or soft pouch, can't remember).
Despite a couple of contacts and promises to send I never did get it.

I am sometimes tempted by their listings but when I see who it is I suddenly lose interest. :thumbsdown:

You know what, when I saw it come up I had a bad feeling... but I'd already hit BIN so was honour bound to go through with it.

Everything was included that I expected + plus bonus free dust!

(its a Nikon lens I've never actually seen or used in the flesh so fancied having a go - damn my curiousity!!):bonk:

They were advertising a D3 a while back so I asked if the price included VAT, the reply I got surprised me, we operate under the VAT threshold, I think that's currently 60k a year, you don't have to sell many 5DII's or D3's to get to 60k:thinking:

Oh and when they said the D3 was body only they weren't kidding, when I asked they said it was body only, no box battery charger nothing, by the time you'd bought all those it was almost the price of a new one but none of that was mentioned in the listing.

:eek:
CHRIST ALMIGHTY!

How very disappointing.
The sad thing is, we can (try) to stop everyone here buying from them, but they will keep trading on ebay, and earning money.
How tragic.......

What lens is it? It's not the 18-70 you're stripping in the other thread is it?

No, the 18-70 DX I bought here, and that was sold as such so I don't mind.

This one was more more expensive!

Well... they've said I can return it.

Bloody thing only arrived this morning, so I'm spending Saturday doing this sort of crap...!

No doubt I won't get my postage back either :(

If you complain through PP they get a financial hit don't they?

You still have to stump up for tracked return postage, but sellers (eBay and otherwise) are using the cost of return postage as a way of dissuading complaints.

Well it'll be £6.40 back.

I paid about £160 for it (good price if optically OK)

Lens was a 24-85 btw.

I wouldn't buy a bunch of carrots from them, as soon as I see filter fantastic in a listing I ignore it regardless of the price

I wouldn't buy a bunch of carrots from them, as soon as I see filter fantastic in a listing I ignore it regardless of the price

Yeah, but these aren't grey import carrots, these are UK stock with warranty! Whas up doc?

would you trust FF to administer the warranty though, and would Nikon honor the warranty if it was bought secondhand from FF as they're not Nikon agents

eh....I'm curious, Andy, why the hell would you buy anything from them in the first place, knowing what they are like? :shrug:

eh....I'm curious, Andy, why the hell would you buy anything from them in the first place, knowing what they are like? :shrug:

Well.. if it was as described it would have been fine tbh.

They wouldn't have got 99%+ feedback if everything was tat!

I've got a Wanted Ad for the lens here now though :LOL:

Well.. if it was as described it would have been fine tbh.

They wouldn't have got 99%+ feedback if everything was tat!
Oh I dunno, I know a guy who was selling fake designer gear as real on Ebay and he had 1700+ pieces of positive feedback :LOL:

Did anyone ever discover how they managed to continue trading on Ebay as FF when they were NARUd as Harbour48?

I've just taken the image from the auction - it was shot very underexposed (which hides the dust and crap nicely...:cautious:

24-85image.jpg

I've brightened it up a bit, it was about 3EV too dark... :wacky::thumbsdown:

Did anyone ever discover how they managed to continue trading on Ebay as FF when they were NARUd as Harbour48?

You can become NARU'd volunarily, I imagine they just abandoned the ID once the negative comments started coming in. I doubt they were kicked.

Same people though (I've spoken to Tracey on the phone from the H48 days), and the payment goes to her via Paypal.

Just considering the feedback to give regarding this... and this is interesting from Ebay:

You cannot leave negative or neutral Feedback for this PowerSeller within 7 days of the transaction.

In the mean time, email the seller or request additional contact information, such as a phone number, to resolve any issues.

When the hell did that happen? No wonder they have so few negs...

Just considering the feedback to give regarding this... and this is interesting from Ebay:

You cannot leave negative or neutral Feedback for this PowerSeller within 7 days of the transaction.

In the mean time, email the seller or request additional contact information, such as a phone number, to resolve any issues.

When the hell did that happen? No wonder they have so few negs...

They did that when they updated the feedback system. Seemingly the only negative feedback that can be given is to the buyer (aside from raising a Paypal dispute against the seller).

Doesn't make sense to me. :wacky:

They did that when they updated the feedback system. Seemingly the only negative feedback that can be given is to the buyer (aside from raising a Paypal dispute against the seller).

Doesn't make sense to me. :wacky:

Its the other way round you can only leave negative as a buyer. If your a seller then you cannot leave negative feedback.

Its the other way round you can only leave negative as a buyer. If your a seller then you cannot leave negative feedback.

Ta. :)

Seems that Puddleduck is encountering a 'special' rule for powersellers then. :cautious:

Ta. :)

Seems that Puddleduck is encountering a 'special' rule for powersellers then. :cautious:

In a way a week is good thing because it gives people to cool down and think about whether they should leave Negative or neutral feed back. As a seller myself on ebay I have got negative for the silliest of things and once they have left it there is no going back.

If I'm not out of pocket on postage, I'll give a neutral.
If they can source me a decent replacement (which they have offered, and I'm not out of pocket on postage), I'd probably be inclined to give a positive, as a Neg would be too harsh.
If I'm out of pocket postage wise, then it'll be a neg, as you'd need to be Stevie Wonder not to see all the crap in the lens!

If I'm not out of pocket on postage, I'll give a neutral.
If they can source me a decent replacement (which they have offered, and I'm not out of pocket on postage), I'd probably be inclined to give a positive, as a Neg would be too harsh.
If I'm out of pocket postage wise, then it'll be a neg, as you'd need to be Stevie Wonder not to see all the crap in the lens!

Sounds spot on to me and in your case you have thought about it. Some people don't think about it and give negative with out even contacting the seller to see if you work something out. (y)

Well they refunded me pretty promptly. No sign of me getting back my return postage though!

-Andy

Having refunded me almost instantly after FF got this back on Monday, they are now sending me payment reminders :LOL:

I've reminded them about refunding my return postage, but funnily enough no joy there :)

They are not really endearing themselves to me at the mo, so I'm trying to see how much info I can put in the Feedback thing regarding this - I want to write an essay, 80 characters is all I get:LOL:

"Lens was boxed as described, internal dust and sand unexpected bonus! V. Poor" is the best I can do

Last edited:
Back