Formula 1 (and other categories) 2019

Ricardodaforce

Self requested ban
Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
In F1's old news, it's "Arrividerce Arrivabene" (or should that be Ciaobene?!)

Went to a test at Silverstone some years back and got some good results. Back then, you could get to the inside of the course by joining something - sorry, can't remember what (and it was a friend who joined and signed me in as a guest.)

Only been to one testing session several years ago. We were only allowed to stand on the terrace at Woodcote. Security wouldn't let us go anywhere else.

I went to F1 testing at Silverstone twice, first time was when there were still V10 and V12 engines and it was bleeding freezing, we got to go all over the place, restricted areas etc, including into the BRDC building as we were there with a BRDC member (also a member of the motor club I belong to) so he just waved his membership at security and they let us through, the second time was a bit later and a bit warmer, and not with the BRDC so viewing was more restricted.

I'll be going to the Silverstone WEC round (of the 2019/20 championship), like I do every year, even though they've cut the race to 4 hours, which I'm cross about. Might go to Monza again for the F1 as that was fabulous last year. The hotel I stayed at last year has trebled in price for the same weekend, so leaving it a bit before I decide.

I went to testing when I was a kid but I wasn’t interested back then so my dad enjoyed it but me and my brothers didn’t, I meant in Barcelona, I’d only want to go for the day and maybe one night but it would probably cost £250 for a day of testing w/ flights, I could go to silverstone for that

Think Alonso may have the Daytona 24 sewn up, leading with an hour to go but they're parked on the start line with a red flag for bad weather!

Bottas took 5th place and a stage win in his first rally this weekend. Admittedly he was in a latest spec Fiesta WRC car and up against lower spec R5 cars, but not bad for his first rally, on snow and ice too.

Yes please!

Sneak peak of the new Williams and their new livery. ROKit.
View: https://youtu.be/PuO0i9OdIfc

Meanwhile in BTCC, Nic Hamilton, brother of Lewis, as signed up for a full season with Motorbase to race a Focus RS with the same sponsor ROKit.
FB_IMG_1549915156666.jpg

The livery was shown today? For Williams (below) and the toro rosso which didn’t change

IMG_7009.JPG

Ex F1, IndyCar and Le Mans driver, Mark Blundell also racing in BTCC this year.

Ferrari were strong in Barcelona.

I know these preseason tests are a very unreliable view of the season ahead, but it’s been good too see the cars on track.

You can all have sky sports f1 for £10 per month starting in March
Really? Funny enough I was looking at the My Sky app this morning and saw that it was £18 for one sports channel. Have they announced changes?

I know nothing about Sky, but so you also get any motorbike racing, like motogp?

MotoGP is on BT Sport so you'd have to subscribe to that separately. I think you can get access to the mobile app only for about a fiver a month. You can chromecast from the app to your TV though so it's actually not a bad deal. I'll probably go that route now they've lost IndyCar

MotoGP is on BT Sport so you'd have to subscribe to that separately. I think you can get access to the mobile app only for about a fiver a month. You can chromecast from the app to your TV though so it's actually not a bad deal. I'll probably go that route now they've lost IndyCar

I will have to look at that, I only usually see the highlights but I’d rather watch the whole race, I didn’t want to pay a lot just for Bikes but they show WRC too I think is that included in the £5?

I will have to look at that, I only usually see the highlights but I’d rather watch the whole race, I didn’t want to pay a lot just for Bikes but they show WRC too I think is that included in the £5?

The £5 is full access to all the BT Sport channels just via an app rather than through your sky box. So you get all the motorsport, which also includes DTM, ELMS and WEC, as well as all the football, rugby etc

I have just gone on the the My Sky app and its still quoting me £18 for the F1 channel.

I knew it was on BT, but didn't know about the mobile app, so many thanks !

Nowtv apparently have £195 for the season if you don’t have a sky subscription http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2019/02/now-tv-formula-one-season-ticket/

The cost is also for 10 other live channels, so if you like other sports it's probably a good deal. To watch just the F1, which is all I would be interested in, makes it a little more costly. Family and real life events/commitments means there's no guarantee I could see every race live, which makes the cost per race expensive.

So I guess for me it's a choice of scouring the internet for a stream, or dodging all news and social media so I can watch the highlights without knowing who has won.

Back