Formula 1 (and other categories) 2019

Ferrari seem to be very fragile, and in particular VET, I was sorry to see LEC make a mistake today, but there is no doubt he is the future for that team, they should stop faffing about with team orders and let him show VAT the way home, he will then cry off, but who would want him? RIC showed the way at Red Bull, and it would be great to see LEC and RIC in the red cars even though i'm not a Ferrari fan. :)

Great result for the Mercs AGAIN.
Incredible start to the season for them.

Well the W series race didn’t seem too bad with some good racing action. Not sure about the swapping cars AND engineers every weekend for fairness, seems a bit over the top to me on top of the identical spec cars.

Well the W series race didn’t seem too bad with some good racing action. Not sure about the swapping cars AND engineers every weekend for fairness, seems a bit over the top to me on top of the identical spec cars.

I enjoyed it except for that female commentator.

I was rooting for Marta García. She looked pretty racy.

2019 FORMULA 1 EMIRATES GRAN PREMIO DE ESPAÑA

25AEoT2.png

Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya

Lap data
Lap length 4.655km (2.892 miles)
Race laps 66
Race distance 307.104km (190.826 miles)
Pole position Left-hand side of the track
Lap record* 1’21.670 (Kimi Raikkonen, 2008)
Fastest lap 1’19.954 (Rubens Barrichello, 2009, )
Maximum speed 332kph (206.295 mph)
DRS zone/s (race) Pit straight and straight after Campsa
Distance from grid to turn one 730m
Full throttle 67%
Longest flat-out section 1310m
Downforce level High
Fuel use per lap 1.7kg
Time penalty per lap of fuel 0.051s

UK Times
Friday 10th May 2019
Spanish Grand Prix Free Practice 1: 11:00-12:30 (UK time: 10:00-11:30)
Spanish Grand Prix Free Practice 2: 15:00-16:30 (UK time: 14:00-15:30)
Saturday 11th May 2019
Spanish Grand Prix Free Practice 3: 12:00-13:00 (UK time: 11:00-12:00)
Spanish Grand Prix Qualifying: 15:00 (UK time: 14:00)
Sunday 12th May 2019
Spanish Grand Prix: 15:10 (UK time: 14:10)

Previous Winners
2018 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton Mercedes Catalunya
2017 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton Mercedes
2016 Netherlands Max Verstappen Red Bull-TAG Heuer
2015 Germany Nico Rosberg Mercedes
2014 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton Mercedes
2013 Spain Fernando Alonso Ferrari
2012 Venezuela Pastor Maldonado Williams-Renault
2011 Germany Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault
2010 Australia Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault
2009 United Kingdom Jenson Button Brawn-Mercedes
2008 Finland Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari
2007 Brazil Felipe Massa Ferrari
2006 Spain Fernando Alonso Renault
2005 Finland Kimi Räikkönen McLaren-Mercedes
2004 Germany Michael Schumacher Ferrari
2003 Germany Michael Schumacher Ferrari
2002 Germany Michael Schumacher Ferrari
2001 Germany Michael Schumacher Ferrari
2000 Finland Mika Häkkinen McLaren-Mercedes

Videos

Herbert onboard 1997
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZwDQMuCMQs

2018 various onboard highlights
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lodv9VnJiQ

Drivers’ Chosen Tyres
QHA1evZ.jpg

Championship Standings
T3XdqNb.png

q3LDrkm.png

Managed to avoid seeing the result all day, only for the missus to switch the local news on and they announce it an hour before the highlights start. :mad::mad:

Managed to avoid seeing the result all day, only for the missus to switch the local news on and they announce it an hour before the highlights start. :mad::mad:

Luckily, my hearing's not that good (waiting to be referred for hearing aids...) so although I could hear that someone had won, I didn't hear who! Mrs Nod heard and didn't tell me, although I never really mind and will often look at the result before watching the highlights.

I thought Spain was more entertaining than Baku this year.

Maybe, but that certainly isn't saying a lot.

Anyway, Zandvoort is now officially confirmed for the 2020 calendar (along with Hanoi) so I think Barcelona's days as a F1 race venue are numbered. Once they have got rid of Barcelona, which I certainly wont miss, they could do also cull the races in Sochi and Mexico City.

Last edited:
Zandvoort was announced today.
I was there at the weekend and it needs a lot of work before it can cope with F1. The circuit itself doesn't need that much modification, just run-offs, grandstands, pits and routes into the circuit.

Rich energy just lost a law suit against a cycle company about their logo too, they are appealing the outcome but the logo is an exact copy so all haas Merch will need to change

View attachment 245185

Last edited:
Last night’s Indy GP was a lot more entertaining.

Most Indycar races are way more entertaining than your average GP. I thought the Indy GP was a fantastic race. I was at Silverstone on Sunday for the three hour Blancpain Endurance Cup race, and managed to avoid seeing the result of the Spanish GP until I got home. I sadly wasted 90 minutes of my life watching another Mercedes procession. I really do hope Ferrari or Red Bull can find a little bit of extra speed in their cars sometimes soon, otherwise the season is going to be a Mercedes whitewash. I wonder if they can go one better than McLaren in 1988 and win every race?

Most Indycar races are way more entertaining than your average GP. I thought the Indy GP was a fantastic race. I was at Silverstone on Sunday for the three hour Blancpain Endurance Cup race, and managed to avoid seeing the result of the Spanish GP until I got home. I sadly wasted 90 minutes of my life watching another Mercedes procession. I really do hope Ferrari or Red Bull can find a little bit of extra speed in their cars sometimes soon, otherwise the season is going to be a Mercedes whitewash. I wonder if they can go one better than McLaren in 1988 and win every race?

Well they won’t have Jean-Louis Schlesser subbing for them....

I'm not sure how anyone finds top level motorsport entertaining anymore TBH; it's as interesting as watching grass grow!

Club level has far better/more entertaining racing every weekend.

Stay in Hot Topics and don’t ruin this thread.

Just not sure how anyone watching can find it in the slightest bit exciting and I'm involved in Motorsport.

It's like watching Manchester City Vs Preston Northend every fortnight - the result is predictable but there might be an upset every now and again.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how anyone finds top level motorsport entertaining anymore TBH; it's as interesting as watching grass grow!

Club level has far better/more entertaining racing every weekend.

Because you don’t like it no one else should?

If you aren’t interested in F1 or Indy why not just stay out the thread?

Because you don’t like it no one else should?

If you aren’t interested in F1 or Indy why not just stay out the thread?
Where have I said anything like you are stating?

Read my post, stop being ignorant and maybe discuss the points raised.

Where have I said anything like you are stating?

Read my post, stop being ignorant and maybe discuss the points raised.

It’s exactly what you said.

Please, don’t come here and troll this thread, nobody wants to debate your pathetic attempt at a troll.

The thread is for people who enjoy F1, Indycar etc.

It’s exactly what you said.

Please, don’t come here and troll this thread, nobody wants to debate your pathetic attempt at a troll.

The thread is for people who enjoy F1, Indycar etc.
I was asking why people still find F1 entertaining which is completely different to what you are alluding to.
You are clearly struggling to put your personal dislike of me to one side.
Maybe try explaining why you find a 'two horse race' every other weekend exciting?

I was asking why people still find F1 entertaining which is completely different to what you are alluding to.
You are clearly struggling to put your personal dislike of me to one side.
Maybe try explaining why you find a 'two horse race' every other weekend exciting?

There’s 18 other cars behind the silver ones, who is max going to hit? What will grosjean blame when he makes a mistake? There’s lots of unpredictability further back (except Williams)

There’s 18 other cars behind the silver ones, who is max going to hit? What will grosjean blame when he makes a mistake? There’s lots of unpredictability further back (except Williams)
I used to be a massive F1 fan but over the last decade I have found it turning it to formula boring.
The Formula is broke and needs a drastic re think in terms of regs and finances.
It has become far to corporate and you only have to watch the excitement other forms of Motorsport bring in comparison to F1 to realise how poor it has become - surely even the most ardent F1 fans can see this?
Martin Brundle wrote an excellent article on how poor F1 is today and some solutions.
https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/2...spanish-gp-frustrations-and-f1-future-visions

Back