Forum names , what does yours mean ?

I'm from Dorset and am a sort of birdwatcher, but not obsessive and tend to only go when the weather's nice, which is a "dude" in birding slang.

Easy one for me. My surname's Carter and I was born in 1964.
I decided a long time ago the year I was born was better than the age I was. I know a 'cutie19' who's now 28 :)

I fly Radio Control helicopters, T rex500 is a model that I was flying at the time of joining TP.

Slightly Pathetic Lonely Old Git. :cool:

Mine is a Northumbrian name for The Eider Duck, St Cuthbert gave protection to these bonny birds as they provided for the monks on Lindisfarne, so they became known as St Cuthberts ducks or Cuddy ducks for short. Being im interested in birds, it seemed to fit.

Mine relates to a nickname I was given by work colleagues back in the 1970s when I was twenty something. I was very keen on hill walking and rock climbing and, in those days, I had a very good power to weight ratio as I was short (I still am!) and very light (sadly no longer!). I have in recent years been to the himalayas on 4 occasions and have traversed the high passes around Everest and completed the Annapurna circuit so the nickname still has some currency even at my increased weight and age!

Mine is simple enough, My initials either side of my house number.

John:)

I have a part restored Dawes Super Galaxy touring bike circa 1966:)

Gawd knows when I will get round to finishing it, also have a mint 1982 model which I currently use.

I quit smoking 5 years ago after 30 years of puffing as I was afraid of getting lung cancer. In September last year, I was diagnosed with stomach cancer. I should have kept smoking and given up eating :)

As an expatriot Cornishman, I am named after my notional dish.

Free internet pint/cookie/plastic medal for anyone who can guess where my forum name comes from :LOL:

I don't think you'll many guesses to work mine out. ;)

On the first forum I joined, my real name and my school nickname were taken so I looked around the room for inspiration. Not wanting to call myself Desk or Chair, I took my nickname from the beer I was drinking, Staropramen. At the first forum meeting, one of the ladies muddled the pronunciation and called me Strap-on Man, which stuck and was shortened to Strappy eventually. :)

Mine is my nickname that i still get called now, and the K6 bit is from when i joined spike was already taken so i added the year of the suzuki GSXR bike i was riding at the time hence spikeK6

spike

Not a lot. It's MartynK, Christian name and first letter of my surname (Kerr). I use the same one for most forums I belong to.

I'm a big fan of guitarist Stevie Ray Vaughan, and one of his idols (bluesman Albert King) once told him 'Man, you're the catdaddy'... I liked the name , suggested it for the band I was in at the time, but a couple of the guys weren't so shot on it, so I thought 'sod it...' and used it as a forum name instead

Few years ago I felt out I had outgrown my then internet name but couldn't think of a new one. After asking a friend of mine (via the tubes) in Switzerland for a random word I was given "shogran". After a quick google to check it was nothing rude I decided I liked it. It's also the name of a rather spectacular looking place in Pakistan.

because i don't only shoot with a camera, i also do vermin control

Last edited:
Mine serves as a homage to Terry Pratchett and his genius for words. Many will recognise the Edgar Allan Poe reference to "The Raven" - Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."

It's a small ginger thing, well thats a Hamster.

An old nickname and nothing in the slightest to do with the fact I'm small and ginger (more strawberry blonde), and I feel 100 years old sometimes.

Mines is just my old online name from my Unreal and UT playing days around UK/european servers.

:shrug: :D

Initials/dash/country of birth.. It was the first thing that came to mind and now is my internet name

Had mine forever and a day, only one person worked out the meaning behind it. Now it's just the one I use and the 67 has been added on for twitter, email etc as a few people have it now.

Back